Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,795 Comments
BarrieC
First Steps

The weekly sleep score was one of the most useful records to know and has been missing for the last 3 weeks.  Furthermore, we have have other sleep but is not attached to any previous sleep.  The old system worked perfectly.  The old adage is if it ain't broke don't it.  Keep life simple and allow prductive to increase.

Curlyhair
Jogger
The old sleep chart was a bit vague but at least the eye could parse it. The new chart is a bunch of unreadable dots.
AliYar
First Steps
I do NOT like the updated sleep summary. It is difficult to read with the text overlapping into the graphic. I also used to be able to click on the graphic to see the actual time periods with specific times in each stage. It appears I'm not the only one who feels this way. Do you even get customer feedback for these types of changes? If not, start!
Advantent
Jogger
it is apparent we have no choice other than to leave Fitbit. I have reached
out to support on the horrible Fitbit sleep graph condition. the only
[poor] answer I get is that Development is aware of it. NO INKLING that it
will actually be fixed.

They DO have the ability to just put back the old app version (I know, I
used instructions on Facebook to do it). I still have occasional problems
as I have to clear cache occasionally but at least I can read my sleep
graph again.

I am in the process of switching to Oura Ring.
jsimon49
Jogger
MY SLEEP APP CHANGED AGAIN!! Worse! Really. Didn't think it was possible!
cindyp2
Runner
i found almost everything the average sleep score is there somewhere i
found it once but couldn't find it this morning but it's there somewhere.
it's just more clicks and annoying because it takes longer to find
everything where we had it all at one screen
niki21
Jogger

Yes, what are you waiting for???  The Fitbit community hates the new version of sleep tracking. Why will you not go back to the old version which we all really liked? The new version is irritatingly unreadable!  Do you even care what your users want?  Because it appears that you don't and are just ignoring the problem!!! 

Advantent
Jogger
I have given up on Fitbit. the Sleep app was the one function that was
keeping me WITH Fitbit. Now that it is destroyed, I'm switching to Oura
Atomic_Rain
First Steps

I agree! Please bring back the previous Sleep data display. The new one is HORRIFIC!!! It is NOT easy to read AT ALL! Puts me in a horrible mood first thing in the morning. Grrr🤬

The previous sleep graphs for the day and week were very easy to read at a glance. 

The sleep data is what I use most with my fit bit and now it’s been ruined. It’s so irritating, it makes me want to stomp on this thing and switch to Apple Watch or something else. 

You had a good thing. Please restore it ASAP!

I'm not one to leave feedback, but this has me so irritated, I had to!

Panner
First Steps

Please bring back the old sleep stages look.  I can not get used to this new update you did in April of 2024.  It’s ugly and confusing.  It’s not attractive what so ever.  I’ve decided not to continue buying new Fitbit products and go back to my Apple Watch. To bad because I used to brag to others about the beautiful way Fitbit displayed the sleep stages. I would fire the guy who designed this new update!!!!

Atomic_Rain
First Steps
Please bring back the previous Sleep data display. The new one is HORRIFIC!!! It is NOT easy to read AT ALL! Puts me in a horrible mood first thing in the morning. Grrr🤬
The previous sleep graphs for the day and week were very easy to read at a glance.

The sleep data is what I use most with my fit bit and now it’s been ruined.
Advantent
Jogger
I work in an IT industry role where we recommendation "User Acceptance
Testing" before putting changes into Production. Fitbit (Goofle) appears to
have no such methodology. They throw JUNK out (like the Sleep app change)
onto unsuspecting product owners. They do this KNOWING that owners have NO
way of "fighting back".

It's sad that large companies like Google, Microsoft have become
unresponsive AND untouchable related to customer needs. THEY HAVE THE
ABILITY TO REVERSE THIS HORRIBLE UPDATE BUT WON'T (I know, I have reversed
it using a post on Facebook, but that also means I can never update my
Fitbit app ever again)
Clifford2rocky
Recovery Runner
Thank you . I’d be ok to never update again . Does the fix work for apple
devices?
Advantent
Jogger
unfortunately no. only get a back-level version of the app for Android was
available
jtpryan
Base Runner
Click on the Week/Month/Year tab above and it gives you the average.

--

Jim Ryan

©¿©¬
gardengirlluna
First Steps

The main reason I have my fit bit is to track my sleep patterns and the new update is sadly lacking. The graph is very hard to read and one of my go to graphs was the sleeping heart rate in restoration. Now it summarizes the sleep score, but offers very little supporting data and NO data on how they are configuring your restoration. They've also done away with the graph for Estimated Oxygen Variation. This graph and tracking my sleeping heart rate is what led me to seeing a doctor and eventually being diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. AND There is also no way I can go back and look at previous data THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR in my sleep history. This really makes me mad. Time to take a second look at the Apple watch. 

jtpryan
Base Runner
"Estimated Oxygen Variation" is just under the chart.

--

Jim Ryan

©¿©¬
jsimon49
Jogger
🥺 Your kidding, right?
jtpryan
Base Runner
Nope.

[image: image.png]

--

Jim Ryan

©¿©¬
classicday
First Steps
Agree! I want the old sleep summary page back too! I am rethinking my premium subscription renewal because right now the graphics are worthless!
MikeisSleepless
First Steps
IMO, the updated O2 variation graphic is junk. No parameters, hi/lo limits,
just some arbitrary assessment
Advantent
Jogger
images are not allowed by policy. yours was stripped
Kfwieder
Jogger

Everyone seems to be upset abut the new update when it come to the sleep menu. It is pretty worthless now. It often gives us no sleep score and trying to read the Awake, Rem, Light Sleep, Deep Sleep and Oxygen is almost impossible.  The Benchmarks used to compare our sleep score to others our age. Now the Benchmark and 30 day Average are exactly the same as the Sleep stages. There are many comments about this, why can't you just bring back the old "Sleep Score" on the Fitbit app?

JkSmiff
First Steps
I agree! I hate it. But they won’t listen and they won’t change it.
Clifford2rocky
Recovery Runner
I just checked out the Apple tracker. The sleep data is presented in the same user friendly graphics we all loved while Fitbit was still a company. The display is beautiful, and while the battery needs a little more frequent charging, , this seems a small price to pay for a much longer life for the device compared to Fitbit, and a useful data presentation. (Apple owners I spoke to were all over 3 years). I’ll make a few more attempts to get an answer about fixing the sleep data problem, but it appears from posts there’s no interest on the part of Google to listen to the customers.
Sent from my iPad
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.