Bring back on-screen workouts (new Fitbit devices)

Now that Fitbit Coach is being phased out, it would be really great to still be able to see the workouts on-screen so you don't have to constantly pull out your phone whilst exercising. I've currently got a Versa 2 and bought it for the on-screen workouts, so it is a shame this feature no longer exists.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @A_Sparkes, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about bringing back on-screen workouts on new Fitbit devices. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MammaGray
First Steps

It's the most frustrating thing about losing the Fitbit coach - can't review the exercises any longer, so I have no idea how to substitute ahead of time for exercises I cannot do or find puts too much stress on particular parts of the body. I also value the Coach app as I can use it on my iPad.

toadslayer
Recovery Runner

Yes, please!!

SSNomad
Base Runner

It is difficult to list all the ways this is worse than Fitbit Coach but I will try. 

1. You can't download the audio workouts so if you lose signal while out running/walking, too bad. 

2. You can't see what's in the workout ahead of time, so you can end up on a busy road with no shoulder being instructed to do squats or shoulder rolls. You don't now what's coming. 

3. The "walk" I too today was actually a run and it's mislabeled, but they've removed the feedback function so too bad for anyone who wants to let them know. (The coach calls it a run all the way through, encourages you to run, the music is too fast for a walk -- no way this is a walk)

4. I was about to upgrade my Fitbit. With the cost of the new ones and how much this has declined in value for me, I'm thinking about an Apple Watch instead. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.