Bring back on-wrist calls on Sense 2

I spoke to your support an was told to make a suggestion as they had to search to find out all of the above were no longer available on your flagship watch.

Please bring back the ability to download or create 3rd party apps and all above, The Sense had it and my Versa1 had the ability! Why not the latest.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

25 Comments
yeacupsmom
Recovery Runner

YES,YES,YES!! I could use music on my Charge 2 but not on the Sense 2?!? I was trying to pair my earbuds to my sense and that is ALSO not an option?!! I thought the comparison showed music compatibility. Am o supposed to subject those around me to any music I CAN play?? Supposedly, you can play Pandor or Deezer. How could these products include Alexa but I CANT PLAY MY AMAZON MUSIC?! I normally jus

t ask Alexa to play a certain playlist, but it won’t play! I am SERIOUSLY considering returning my Sense 2 and going back to. Charge 2 . I’ll get some $$$ back too! I have extensive playlists in Amazon and do NOT plan to pay for and totally re-create  them in a whole new app!

AlBob75
Jogger

They just closed a similar request, for 3rd party apps, with the status Not currently planned:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/3rd-Party-Apps-on-Sense-2-and-Versa-4/idi-p/5248...

They have also locked down the comments, stopping any discussion on that thread... Strange as that has quite a lot of requests for a new thread...

It's becoming increasing clearer to me that they have intentionally nobbled the sense 2 and versa 4, most likely to make the Pixel watch look more attractive in comparison (battery life is a deal breaker for me on that one). Can't believe I can't even control music on my phone with a £270 "smart watch"!

So I think I'll be returning my sense 2 ASAP.

pabsurdy
Recovery Runner

well they did advertise and still advertise on the sense 2 store page that you can download from hundreds of apps, so I think its important that we keep pushing this no matter how many times they shut these requests, down because they have fully advertised this being included in this watch so this back tracking is ridiculous.

denmike2
Recovery Runner

How can they close such a request with "not currently planned" when they clearly advertise it on the Sense 2 product page: "Get notifications from your phone, download hundreds of apps, [...]"?

Talk about false advertisement!

asiayeah
Pace Setter

While all these features should be available on the launch day (esp the 3rd Party Apps), I'm very surprised Fitbit can simply ask us to raise feature requests. Then after a few days, they simply mark feature requests as "Not currently planned' to kill our voices...

Can't say more about the pathetic scenario we are running into...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi there, @Elbot. Thanks for sharing those ideas. We wanted to let you know that one of the ideas you recently posted already exists on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

You also had shared a unique suggestion, so we have retitled and relabelled your original post here to reflect that idea. Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

asiayeah
Pace Setter

I thought Fitbit has announced wrist call is coming to Fitbit Sense 2 already. Is it not the case?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2460.htm

FromSun
Jogger

You can't call it a smartwatch without this feature. It's obvious Google has 0 ambitions with Fitbit, my worst buy in the past 10 years.

BitBitter
First Steps

It is a shame that suck key features are removed, should have named the device non-sense 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Elbot, and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

alakai14
Recovery Runner

Yes, PLEASE make this feature available. When I purchased the Sense 2 over the Sense 1, I never dreamed that this feature would have been taken away. I understand some of the other more Google-specific stuff, but no ability to answer my calls on this "premium" device is VERY disappointing. Thankfully I have an extended return period right now in case I decide I need to return it. I even had a feature where I could at least SEE my call notifications on my Luxe, but I don't even get a notification that I can get a call when they come through on the Sense, let alone being able to answer one. 

Elbot
Stepping Up
Thank you for considering this.

Looking forward to this being developed. Pleased something suggested is being taken into consideration by Fitbit.

Thank you
Athalia17
Jogger
Add water intake and reminders on sense 2 directly, not in app. Also, when will answering phone calls be added through the watch!?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Athalia17, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.  I've moved one into a similar request. You can see the second one here, where you can add your vote to this existing suggestion:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

smnbld
First Steps

I came to this forum looking for information on run cadence on Sense 2. Threads regarding that glaring issue are locked and have been marked not currently planned for years. Even the fruit brand does it, and the runner's brand does it on all its devices.

Then I learn the company is nerfing the feature set and that wrist calling or app support is no longer present so I should be shopping for last year's device?! This forum is helpful, but feature suggestion is a joke if no one is listening.

Mags83
Jogger
Can we have on wrist calls on Sense 2 pls
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mags83, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding wrist calls on Sense 2. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.  I hope to see you around.

asiayeah
Pace Setter

I am confused. Isn't wrist call on Sense 2 and Versa 4 are already promised by fitbit? Why is it still being discussed here?

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2460.htm

"Note: This feature is coming soon to Fitbit Sense 2 and Fitbit Versa 4."

Is it because of the word "soon" has a special meaning?

Athalia17
Jogger
Because they are filled with lies to try to get people to by their new products. I have to reset my watch everyday- just to get it to register sp02. Every. Day. It's crazy! The call features "coming soon", major joke. Just like the ceda scanning. What good is it if it tells you that you're stressed... 15 minutes after you're past being stressed!? Ridiculous. Fitbit, this tracker is a mark of failure in your product line up.
BitBitter
First Steps

Latest firmware enables on-wrist calls on Sense 2

alakai14
Recovery Runner

Got my update, and it's working! Thanks.

Mags83
Jogger

How did you get your update? I'm still waiting for mine

alakai14
Recovery Runner

I just had to wait. I kept checking every day and then finally today it just popped up when I opened the app. 

As a side note, careful if you wanted to switch to Google Wallet after the update. I did, and now found out my card isn't supported and I can't go back to Fitbit Pay where it did work. 😞

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on on the Sense 2 firmware version 1.184.52. You can find more details here.

@Elbot, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Flower_Goddess
Base Runner

Does anyone know when this update is coming to the smartwatch? I would like to hear more. I'm a a bit disappointed the on-wrist calling and messaging was removed and you can no longer order the original (sense) which did this off of Fitbit's website.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.