Bring back step streak on new Fitbit app

I am on day 997 of getting 10,000 or more steps a day in a row. I was looking forward to seeing 1,000 on a few days. I can’t believe you took that feature away.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
513 Comments
toniinboston
Jogger

Can you please help me with the update suggestion?  I saw an update for my watch so I did that.  No change.  Are you talking about the iphone or the PC.  I assume the iphone.  How do I find an update there and process it?  I have searched but just can't figure out anything.  Today is 38 consecutive days on the app statistics and 1200 consecutive manually - from before the problem update.  And obviously I can look at the history on my iphone and find all of the consecutive days - so I know they are there.  I would LOVE to have the real number display.  Thank you in advance for the help.  Wish me luck. 

IvaJ
Recovery Runner
Hopefully this will help:

- On the first page of the Fitbit app, click on the green circle in the
upper right corner

- on the screen that comes up click on Fitbit Settings

- on the next screen click on Help and Support

- Next you should see a screen with Fitbit logo on the upper left. To the
right of the logo you will see Fitbit 4.04 or something similar. Down
below you should see a section that says Check For Update. Click that and
it will tell you if update is available. Most recent version is 4.06

Good luck
SassyStepper822
First Steps

I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me.

I have the step streak back on the second page (after I click on the shoe on the "Today" page.)  Is anyone seeing the step streak on the "Today" page where it used to be? 

Also, my app is telling me that there is an update available for my device (Inspire 2) however, I'm concerned to apply that update and go through the trauma of losing my streak again.  I'm at 714 days of 10K steps.  It's too close to two years for me not to see it!  

Anyone have experience updating their Inspire 2 and what happened to your step streak?

toniinboston
Jogger

Thank you for your reply.  The version is 4.04 (40445055).  The only 'update' it shows is for my fitbit watch - which I updated earlier today to see if that would help - but it did not.  I do not see any way to check for updates of the iphone app.  And since you are at 4.06 - it sounds like there is an update there.  Any other hints?   I do appreciate your help.  Hopefully someday my 38 day step streak will turn into the real 1200 days.  Very frustrating - as all of the folks on this stream know and understand.  Take care everyone.

IvaJ
Recovery Runner
Which Fitbit do you have?
HPF
First Steps
Hi,

I was on 630 days streak until Monday. I updated and since it went to 0, now I’m on a 3 days streak. Someone through the same?

H.

Sent from my iPhone
HPF
First Steps

I was on a 630 days streak until Monday when I did update my Fitbit Inspire to the 4.06 version. It went to zero, I believe, since I’m now just on a 3 days on streak. Someone there with the same experience? Please let me know, H. 

toniinboston
Jogger

If you are asking me, IvaJ, I have a Luxe.  I also have an iphone 12 Pro.  Thank you for your help.  

BonsH
Jogger
I went to the App Store to do the update. Good luck…. I hope it works for you. I know how frustrating it is!

Sent from my iPhone
toniinboston
Jogger

Thank you.  Now I am at 4.06.  No change in the streak.  My manual count will continue unfortunately.  But I will keep trying - if anyone has suggestions - especially if they ever really fix the issue.  Take care.  And good luck to us all.  

Kathiheale
Recovery Runner
We’ve all been through this. Sadly.
Amyloubal
First Steps
I've updated everything and tried everything I can think of and it's still
not showing up.

Amy
Irongpj
First Steps
Not sure how to fix it. After about 10 years of wearing Fitbit, I’ve switched to the Apple Watch and use the Stepz app. It show steps, more accurate calorie reading, and consecutive days streak. Had to start my streak over again, but I was done with Fitbit after all this!
Sent from my iPhone
BonsH
Jogger
Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling? Did you reboot after you did the update? Those r the
Only things I can think of. Mine is working fine now. But I’m still keeping my days on a paper calendar also as a Just in Case

Sent from my iPhone
Kathiheale
Recovery Runner
Also, upgrade your phone/tablet. That helped me several months ago. And
reboot them also
JoannaBu
Jogger

Llike so many others, my streak is now tiny when in actuality I’m close to 1000. For those who successfully reached fitbit help, how did you do that?  I can’t get past the screeners to get to a real person. I can’t even figure out how to send an email. Thanks!

BonsH
Jogger
I just posted here. I don’t know how or why it works for some but not others. Did you update and then reboot? That seemed to be the key for me. If those don’t work I would try uninstalling/reinstalling. Good luck! I know how frustrating it can be.

Sent from my iPhone
Pj57
First Steps

I miss the step streak banner too. Between Sleep details and the streak notification, I was a happy customer. It was extremely motivational.

I've always loved my Fitbit, but I am starting to look at the Apple Watch, as it seems like Fitbit is moving in the direction of mediocrity. I'd love to know why the streak banner was removed, because it makes zero sense to me. 

I don't need my watch to do much, but it doesn't take a genius to see how Apps like Duo Lingo have figured out that Streaks motivate engagement with their community. In the next year, I'll need to make a decision on a new watch and since Fitbit is making changes that do not engage me, it's getting harder to stay loyal to the brand. 

Kathiheale
Recovery Runner
AMEN
BonsH
Jogger
For a while now my streak has been restored! All I have to do to see it is click on the Steps on the from page and it takes me to another page that shows it. I love it!!!! I’m not sure what brought it back. But I know made sure my ap was updated and I may have done an uninstall/reinstall. I know I did everything I could possibly think of and eventually I got it back. Yaaaayyyy!

Sent from my iPhone
BonsH
Jogger
Mine is back and has been now for quite awhile. I don’t remember exactly what did it but I know I updated and rebooted and also did an uninstall/reinstall. To see it all I have to do is click
On the number of steps on the front page and it takes me to page 2 and the streak is there. I just passed 1000 this past Saturday. Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Kathiheale
Recovery Runner
You’re the first one I’ve heard of that hot their streak back. Was it the
number you had before the new app release?
IvaJ
Recovery Runner
Per tech support, Fitbit knows not everyone had their pre-app upgrade step
streak history restored. Told me they were working on it but that was a
month ago.
CITW
First Steps
Congrats on 1000 days! Mine came back too, and while I’m nowhere near 1000 days, I’m still happy with having my days tracked. The app is a little wonky, but it’s working.
CITW
First Steps
I agree - my streak is back, but I often have to fiddle with the app to get it up-to-date each day. I love Duo Lingo, too!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.