Bring back step streak on new Fitbit app

I am on day 997 of getting 10,000 or more steps a day in a row. I was looking forward to seeing 1,000 on a few days. I can’t believe you took that feature away.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
513 Comments
bcjohnsn
First Steps

Completely agree! I am absolutely upset about this feature being removed and when I called to complain, I was told "there are other useful features" as if I didn't already know what is available. For a company designed around motivating people to continuously work out and be active, they really dropped the ball on this one! BRING BACK THE STEP STREAK!!

Rainmom61
Recovery Runner

How frustrating to get only 5 days from 1000. I really don’t understand their reasoning for removing the step streak. I’m researching other trackers that track days in a row and if I can transfer my info from Fitbit. Garmin lets you transfer only a month of info. I’m still hoping Fitbit will come to their senses and bring it back before I hit 1000 days. 

Kjmcc4
First Steps

I agree. I want my step streak banner back and returned to 473 days.  This has been motivating me to get 10000 steps in daily and I hate that it’s gone. Please bring it back! 

Kathygs
First Steps

the consecutive days feature is what keep me going each day...I CANNOT believe you took that away...dumb!

IvaJ
Recovery Runner
Before upgrade there was a message banner at the top of the app - the banner told you the number of days in a row that you met your step goal. That stat is no longer showing anywhere.
MelodyPC
First Steps

Agree.  Really miss STEP STREAK!

MelodyPC
First Steps

Completely Agree!  PLEASE BRING BACK STEP STREAK or GOAL STREAK.  

bkbkg
First Steps

I miss this too!!!  The new design is terrible!

Mikey333
First Steps
The latest updated App is terrible. Bring back the step streak or you have lost a customer.
WJBourque
Jogger

Contact customer support, let them know you are unhappy about this change.  I just did the live chat.  As a community we need to let them know!

WJBourque
Jogger

Contact customer support and let them know.  We all need to make noise about this directly to the company.

mhnsn
First Steps

The step streak was a motivational device. Bring it back. It was ridiculous to remove it.

JBronzeSC
First Steps

Please return the consecutive days tracker.  I was north of 2 full years and focused on getting to 1,000 days in a row.  I can't believe you did this without asking your user community.

NJE44
First Steps

I 100% agree with you! I was closing in on a year and now my step streak is gone! I am beyond disappointed. It was such an easy feature to keep too! @customersupport if you are seeing this, bring back the streak!!!

CITW
First Steps

The days of meeting the step streak was a great incentive to continue toward your daily goal.  Why is it missing?

Gismotron
Recovery Runner

I also need the step streak counter for the motivation to keep going everyday. 

achagertysr
First Steps

Agree 100% that the step streak function should be included in updated app.  

achagertysr
First Steps

Bring back the step streak notifications please!

gjmjg
First Steps

AGREE!!!!!  This is my biggest problem with the ugly, harder to use new app.  STEP STREAK IS SO IMPORTANT!!!  This was the No. 1 reason I would go to the app, to see the days increase, to count back, to overlook my progress, to ensure I made it each day.  I was on a 64 or so day streak when they changed it, and now it's tough to keep track.  Counting manually backwards, going through multiple prompts to see data that was so clearly presented before, it's just a miserable update.  Reverting back to the previous app would be a tremendous improvement!!!!  If not, please someone listen and bring back the step streak statistics/badges/weekly totals that are easy to read.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Streak gone, this was the reason for Fitbit.  Looking at alternatives tonight.  Good bye. 

Jultracker
First Steps

I 100% agree this feature should be added back. I’m at 958 days, and it’s very motivating to see that streak, especially on days when the weather is awful and I’d be tempted not to walk as much. Please add it back! 

UsernameJac
Jogger

How could they? And with no warning, so at least I could keep track myself. I was up over 1000 days in a row. It helps with motivation. Now poof, gone.

Mp1030
Jogger

I absolutely used the step streak as a motivator. Please bring it back!

Amyloubal
First Steps

I agree! I was also very close to 1000 day streak! This was so motivating and the only reason why I was staying with Fitbit! When this device dies, I will be getting an Apple Watch.  I really hate the new app and the loss of my favorite features! 

Debero
Jogger

Yes! Bring back STEP STREAK recognition!!! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.