Bring back the old sleep summary page

When I had my Charge 5 and the first few weeks of having my Charge 6 the app would give me a sleep summary page with, Sleep Stages, Time in each stage, Oxygen levels and Bedtime and wakeup all on a handy page. Since a recent update I now seem to get a much more basic three tiles and I have to open each one and look through for all the information.
1,366 Comments
DGrow
Jogger

If these were Yelp reviews, the new sleep app would get one star from 99% of reviewers. Buyer beware!

ChattyPandler
Stepping Up

The new sleep graph is virtually both confusing and unreadable. The previous version was clear and understandable at a glance. I just ordered the Charge 6 and will be returning due to the revisions to this graph. I called customer service and was told I could log my complaint in the community forum so here I am. Is Fitbit actually listening??

doesbud
Jogger

Please stop fixing what isn't broke!

The new sleep format is useless to me. HELP!

Msciwoj
First Steps
The new sleep schedule screen is less readable and has less info than the previous one. If you don't want to revert, please consider what worked and what didn't previously and design a new ui with all the info in a friendly format.
EPHK
First Steps

@SSWAG16 , Yes, I do, thank you for that. I do not mind the platform but I won't buy their watch explicitly if I feel that this is part of their way of getting Fitbit out of the market; because I find it disrespectful as a consumer, I feel manipulated and directly affected.  I am also thinking of switching to Apple, indeed. Let's see what else happens next. 

LindseyBow
Jogger
The new sleep update’s UI is extremely hard to read, scan and understand. Having less information accessible quickly about my sleep within that tile and having to navigate to other tiles is a huge downside. Visually the sleep update is displeasing to the eye.
anniejohnson
First Steps
Does someone know who we request a refund from for our Premium subscription? As it stands now, it is not what I subscribed to.
jtpryan
Base Runner

@OlegRu No, I'm not affiliated in any way with FitBit.  I just believe that if you want something fixed then making constructive remarks is the way to go.  Sure, they may roll it back, but eventually something new will come out and it might be an improvement if there is enough valuable feedback.  

@SSWAG16 Yeah, go with an Apple watch.  Lots of money, and 1 day of charge at best.  Then you get to buy an iPhone too.  So, based on the speculation you replied to about Google "killing it" lets enter into an entirely closed and very expensive ecosystem.  But the stuff looks pretty.  

Anyway, I hope they roll it back, but the changes they made don't really affect my life in any way.  I still get my sleep patterns and score, the benchmark doesn't seem to work, bu I don't really care and I can wait a while to see if it comes back.  I really could care less if they have little moons and suns or what the color is.  I want just the facts and 5 days of charge.  Maybe I'm lucky, I've had a Versa4 for a long time with zero problems other then some occasional thing that a reboot fixed.

Did I say I don't work for FitBit? Or Google?.

DeviceGuru
Recovery Runner

I agree with these sentiments.  As an fyi, the "old" sleep stats format seems to still be present at the Fitbit data access website.

SSWAG16
Recovery Runner

@jtpryan, everyone has their opinions, and I can assure you that MANY Fitbit users on this forum aren't happy. I know the Apple Watch is more expensive, but my last Versa watch also had to be charged almost daily. When the face of that previous Fitbit broke apart, I bought a Versa 4, which gave me 4-5 days of charge. However, there are some days when the sleep data doesn't get recorded (and I've complained to tech support about this). I already have an iPhone, so not having one isn't an excuse to stick with Fitbit. Why are you on this feedback thread unless you're unhappy with Fitbit?

Jjs8989
Jogger

The new layout is AWFUL! bring back the old layout!

Jfarooq
First Steps

Please fire the person who came up with and the person who approved the new design of sleep tracking results interface.   It is beyond ridiculous.  Change it back.   Thank you. 

Writeasrain
Base Runner

I no longer get a sleep score nor a stress management score. I can’t see a graph showing my sleep stages when they happened. There is no longer any benchmark data. 

I gave up paying for Premium last year because there was no real benefit. 

If Fitbit can’t come up with a better app and more data that’s not behind a paywall, I’ll be looking at competitors’ products. 

Karen416
Recovery Runner
I bought my Inspire tracker primarily to track sleep, and I really liked how it previously presented the stats. The recent update is hard to read, confusing, and imparts much LESS information than the previous, colorful screen. Especially, you cannot turn the phone to landscape to really dig down and see info about time spent in REM, deep sleep.
jjuli
First Steps

I agree, the new update was so terrible that I started to search for other brand options with more user-friedly app. Please, fix this. FAST.

No colours, it seems like a basic excel sheet and you cannot read you stats from this version. Unusable and unreadable indeed! 

LaneN
First Steps

Agree, the update is useless.

AliHawke
First Steps

My app changed today to the infamous update I was dreading. It's every bit as terrible as everyone said it was.

I used to be able to scroll through a list of sleep, being able to visually compare day by day the sleep stages, going back days and days for years. Now, that appears to have been removed. Instead, a week is the most it'll allow me to view on one screen, and it doesn't show the sleep stages visually in any form, just a massive largely blank white box for each day with the only information being the day, the duration, and the sleep score. 

I have been using Fitbit devices since January 2013, primarily for the purposes of tracking my sleep. This update has prevented me to do so in a straightforward and  digestible manner, and unless this pointless update is reverted, my current Fitbit will be my final Fitbit and I will take my business and my health data elsewhere.

BusyA
Jogger

@jtpryan you might see how many comments here are from people who are posting for the first time: not ranting, but sharing their frustration at a long process of negative revisions to the app which they were not consulted on or given notice of.

Smvad
Stepping Up

I wonder if any competitors are reading these posts?  🤔  Hmmmm. If not, They should be. 

pjank77
First Steps

The old layout had much better features! Every day, I would use the sliding option to isolate the individual stages of sleep. With the new layout, I can barely tell what my cycles were like. It is simply difficult to read, and they have taken away many of the features I loved to use. I am truly considering going to another smart watch brand - the new layout makes the sleep function basically useless to me. Please bring it back!!

BobbyEcon
Jogger

The whole redesign in general is terrible but the new sleep section is unusable! How are these even getting approved? Please bring back the old designs as a skin option to switch between as thats the simplist solution. There was nothing wrong with the old design what so ever. 

kiirsty
Recovery Runner

New update is terrible. Please fitbit take note and reverse the changes bring back the old dashboard etc

cookers
Stepping Up

I went on a support chat to see if it was possible to go back to the better graphs.  I was told to come here and voice my concerns.   

JanS25
Jogger

Please revert back to original sleep tracking UI. The sleep stages labels overlaying the graph adds visual clutter. I miss the cheery graphics first thing in the morning. Now it's a boring 90's excel graph, and difficult to read. The percentage comparison for benchmark and 30-Day Average is gone. Overall, not an upgrade.

Pigwah
First Steps

I hated the update to the exercise heart rate graph but at least it was still easy to view at a glance (just totally uninspiring 🙄) . The update to the sleep page and graph though, is downright painful.  These are the main features I use on the app daily and they both now manage to be lesser versions of what they were.  This update feels like a step backwards. 🙁

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.