Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
KayEmily
First Steps

I switched from a Versa 3 to Charge 5.

I miss the side buttons.  Tapping is not reliable.  Stroke up, right, left, down.  Wait minutes before the screen clears to be able to try again.

But I can get used to the fickle interface.

I miss the Relax app more.  I used it daily, sometimes several times, even though I never managed to get the green sparks.

it was a good tool for taking a breathing time out. No judgement, reports, suggestions to use other apps.
I do not like the EDA scan which seems like it might have served as a replacement.  

Being required to hold your fingers on the sides of the watch for 3 minutes does not contribute to relaxing.
So many people have requested the Relax app be officially added to the Charge 5 (instead of just listed as available incorrectly) and no effort is made.

I miss the days when Fitbit was responsive.

Completely agree with @KayEmily having to hold the finger 3 minutes on the side of the watch is not really relaxing, personally talking I also find it tremendously tedious and annoying.

I understood the EDA concept, this is why the lack of the relax app is even more irritating.

It feels like the device is incomplete, and I'm pretty sure the relax app is something pretty basic, I don't see any technical reason to remove it but simply a commercial choice to lead customers to enjoy the premium features - still, you wouldn't have the relax app but some videos guided exercises.

Honestly, when you're feeling like relaxing, nothing better than just one tap on your device's screen and start breathing closing your eyes.

This is happening with my AW7, it should have been mandatory on Charge 5.

On btw the AW is accepting to be paired with an external chest strap since forever, Fitbit never wanted to listen. 

iminbend
Jogger

I wonder how many Charge 5 owners would actually prefer the (available) ECD app over the (currently unavalable) Relax app if the latter was an option?  I know I would if I had to choose only one! Fitbit is happy to show me my restlessness at night and elevated heart rate during daytime stress, but offers no signs of help. I would without a doubt use Relax multiple times week. I currently use ECD app... never. Not sure what data Fitbit is after, but the community would appreciate it if you could find a way to program & gather it via Relax app on Charge 5. My $0.02. Thanking you with fingers crossed with hope.

------------

Whoops, meant to say I WOULD NOT choose ECD over Relax if I could only have one. Thanks! ( p.s. add an edit option for comments! Lol)

mckennski
Jogger

The Relax app was one of the reasons I bought the Charge 5, my first watch-style fitbit. I don't know whether the description I read was wrong, or what, but I was really looking forward to using it. I hope you can enable it on the Charge 5.  Thank you very much. 

sparkles4
Tempo Runner

I too would like to see the relax feature on the Fitbit Charge 5.  I find in certain situations, like flying, that the relax feature can calm me down.

Ssmmaa
Jogger

Yes of course the Relax part needs to be on charge 5 which I bought because it offers the ECG as I have Atrial Fibrillation. If anyone needs help to  Relax it is people with AF especially when in an AF episode as it may help them go back into normal rhythm. Please offer this soon 

Ssmmaa
Jogger

If 600 people have asked for the relax part to be added it seems sad that Fitbit has not replied. That’s disappointing

Moderator Edit: Word choice

CJParis
Jogger

Well this is a bummer, my charge 5 directed me to the relax app that apparently you shut off for this model.

If my charge 5 hadn’t pointed me to the app, that would still be unfortunate.

However, having my charge recommend the Relax app and seeing folks clamoring for the same well over a year later, with no new updates I’ve found from FitBit as yet. That’s really not good UX or product road-mapping IMO. 😟

azidhaka
Jogger

Relax is a critical app in these anxious times. Please consider reintroducing it.

Dubs1
First Steps

When will we see the Relax app on the Charge 5? This has been a valuable asset to managing (in the moment) stress at work/home and for regulating heart rate during/post workouts. I found this app EXTREMELY useful on my Charge 4 and have considered returning my Charge 5 for it’s predecessor (I only upgraded because of band connector issues on my Charge 4).

Does anyone in customer service or in the Fitbit community know if/when this app will be added to the Charge 5?? 

joeyu
Jogger

I like the Relax app in the inspire 2 which also has longer battery life. However, I recommend my friend to buy a Charge 5 and am very disappointed that the Charge 5 does not have this important function. Please bring it back to Charge 5.

Ekkss
First Steps

I would also like to see the Relax app on my Charge 5.

JGMB
Recovery Runner

Just installed the Charge 5 update. The Relax app option is no longer listed. Looks like this update includes an interface with the app "Calm". I've used Calm and this may actually be an improvement from the Relax app.

CharlesSe
First Steps
I would like Fitbit charge five to use more apps and features to make more people happy because mostly the other watches are more money and they are only compatible for those certain ones. It be great. If you could make them all compatible. I think a lot of people will make it happy and buy more.
krazy4jovi
First Steps

Very disappointed to see relax is not an option on Charge 5

Ssmmaa
Jogger
Has there been any reply to these posts from the makers regarding if they are going to add the Relax App soon etc ?

Sent from my iPhone
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CharlesSe, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding Relax app to Charge 5. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be also interested in these other similar feature requests: Weather App on the new Charge 5 and Find My Phone for Charge 5.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

araefire
First Steps
These responses from Fitbit moderators, as well as the FAQ, are just vague
enough to not give us any answers about the status of our request. It’s
basically a, “wait and see 🤷‍:female_sign:“
Jamiep324
First Steps
On an earlier post, someone said that a Charge 5 update gave an option for the Calm app.My charge 5 is up to date & I have not seen an option for Calm.Does anyone else see that option?
Junear
First Steps
Its a paid ap. Btw, I returned my Charge 5. It is not reliable and has less
features. --
Sent from Gmail Mobile
JGMB
Recovery Runner

Jaimep324, you won't see Calm as an app. Rather, in Discover under Mindfulness, the features that you see come from the Calm app.

Gowtham83
First Steps

When do you plan to add relax app option on Charge 5? Waiting for it

SolarRoller
First Steps

Very disappointing to see the Relax app removed from the new Charge. Seems like the updated sensors would make it even more useful. Please bring it back.

Filomena_P
First Steps

I was very disappointed in not seeing this feature in the charge 5.

I am thinking of returning my device because of this lack of features.

Please bring it back

UlrikeDG
Runner

Today my pop-up tip is:

"Mindfulness

"If you feel stressed this week, give Fitbit Relax a try--67% of people who use the guided deep-breathing sessions experienced a decrease in heart rate."

Meanwhile, Relax still isn't available for my device, the Charge 5. Salt in the wound, Fitbit. Salt in the wound.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.