Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
spiritsoul
First Steps

It appears after a couple years of 100's of requests, FitBit doesn't care about what 'we' want. They have decided (obviously) not to bring the Relax app back for Charge 5. My next performance watch will NOT be a FitBit, because they don't care about the customer.

ChiefBeef
First Steps
They sent me a canned response months and months ago that was basically
copy pasta. I guess the employees don’t care enough to keep customers. I’m
excited my next (Samsung) watch will have this basic and simple function.
Ace222
First Steps
Am I correct in seeing that both watches either side of the charge 5 now have this feature? The luxe and the sense? I saw it advertised on YouTube I think? Fitbit charge 5 was the newest watch on the market when I purchased mine with the sense being too large for my small wrist and the luxe lacking some of the features I wanted.

Lisa
Jakeiccino
First Steps

I agree! I just got my Charge 5 and thought it was a given that it would be available since it seems to be a standard feature for most watches. I used to calm down during high stress moments to calm down. It's really great before bed as well.

Kerbob97
First Steps

Literally just bought my Charge 5 today.   
I’m already considering returning it.  

SpO2 feature?

”only while you’re sleeping.  No instant test. And it’s a premium feature $79.99/yr”

ECG?

”have to have premium membership “

Relax app?

”oh, we’re working on it - for the past two years. No real timeline or ETA other than maybe”

Swimproof?

-hundreds of reports of first time use, and it bricking the device

Mindfulness tools?

yeah.  No explanation of that either.  

not really promising, especially when I read altimeter, Spotify and other features have been pulled.  

I can get an Apple Watch 8 for $100 more with a ton more features and better reliability, and more apps.  

someone convince me why I shouldn’t just return this now? 😔 

UlrikeDG
Runner
SpO2 and ECG do *not* require a Premium subscription. I recommend using it
for a couple of weeks before activating your free trial, so you can see
what changes when you have Premium.

Apple doesn't have nearly the battery life of the Charge 5. However, you
should definitely compare to see if the Charge 5 meets your needs.

--
Ulrike (she/her)
via mobile
AlyRoki
First Steps
I would love for relax to be added to the Charge 5! It was my favorite feature on my old fitbit, and I wish I had the option to use it now.
sigmundas
First Steps

I recently upgraded from Charge 4 to Charge 5 and was completely disappointed when I realized that Charge 5 doesn't have the Relax app !!!!. 😞 😞 When I decided to buy the Charge 5, I didn't even check to see if the app was there. I was sure it was there... Please bring it back because it was part of my routine after waking up and before bed. Thanks in advance!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AlyRoki, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about bringing the Relax app to the Charge 5 with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Kelstar29
First Steps

Seriously, please bring this back! It has literally helped me down from panic attacks and emotional responses. It's discreet and easy to access on the watch. It's been almost 2 years since this was brought up and requested, but it still hasn't been resolved. The infrastructure is there - please activate it on our watches!

candiceemoe
Jogger

It's crazy because it seems like an easy fix and everyone would be so happy. I miss using the relax app to help me wind down before bed

How much attention does thus topic need in order for them to do anything ? Please add the relax app to the charge 5!!

ChiefBeef
First Steps
This thread has been open for almost 2 years and has 1100 "likes." The most
I've seen them respond to this is some copypasta about "thanks for taking
the time to share this suggestion with us!" via @LizzyFitbit

Unless I see some type of response here as to why you're ignoring this
issue, even if it's that it just won't/can't be supported, you can rest
assured that you've lost my business and very likely others.

I can't believe I bought an "upgraded" watch that you decided to drop
functionality on. Who does that? You took out the altimeter, removed
spotify and won't even give us a reason why you can't implement a simple
breathing app. What is even the point of having these forums?
TexasBunny
First Steps

Absolutely would want the relax app on the Charge 5. It's one of the major reasons why I finally decided to go through the hassle of wearing a device in my wrist and I am intensely disappointed that it's not there. 

Rickychet
First Steps

It seems clear at this point that the Relax app will not be added, which is not surprising given this timeline:

January 2021 - Google announces acquisition of Fitbit

August 2021 - Charge 5 is released

October 2022 - Pixel Watch is released

The Charge 5 would have likely been in development at the time of acquisition, so they had already invested RnD into it (that they were gonna put in the Pixel Watch anyways). This means that they still release the Charge 5, but don't plan on supporting it after release. This is why Spotify and other apps have been removed, since there was likely a contract to integrate with the APIs.

It's clear that Google only acquired Fitbit for its wearable tech to put into the Pixel Watch and only support a select list of devices from Fitbit from here on out, which does not include the Charge 5.

As a Charge 4 and 5 owner it's nice to not have full functionality of a smartwatch and have sleep tracking capabilities, but without further investment from Fitbit on legacy devices I will be moving on to the Apple Watch, which now has low power modes that will still allow for sleep tracking.

Correct me if I'm wrong!

ChiefBeef
First Steps
Honestly, this makes too much sense. I think you're exactly right here so
thank you.

They're basically ignoring this issue as the decision was made to stop the
work on certain Charge 5 functions entirely. They'll likely never admit
this but hopefully this information is helpful to anyone crossing their
fingers that anything else will be added.

It's a little sad a user from the forums had to piece this together instead
of just being told by the company but I guess that's where we're at.
Belenda
First Steps
I really enjoyed the Relax app on my Fitbit Versa 2 and am already missing it on my Fitbit Charge 5.
karikwilson
First Steps

As a middle school teacher I used Relax app on my old Fitbit  A LOT to keep calm and carry on in my classroom. Purchased a new Fitbit charge 5. Searched all over for my beloved Relax app. It has disappeared. So sad. What gives?

ShayShannon
First Steps

Please, please, please add the Relax app to Charge 5!!! 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Belenda, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the Relax app back to Charge 5. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Dabbott14
Keeping Pace

Yes, the Relax App is very useful, and not just after a workout, run, swim, or ride.  It helps manage stress and anxiety in the workplace, at home, and even while on the road.  My charge 3 had the relax app, and it was STANDARD issue--already installed!  Why take it away from the charge 5, and then torture those of us who want it by listing it on the mobile app but 'unavailable?!'  I bet it wouldn't take long to make the Relax app available for Charge 5.  Doesn't it bother you when loyal FitBit users comment that they will return to your competition and give FitBit the heave-ho?  It sure bothers me, and it bothers me that FitBit hasn't moved forward with this feature for Charge 5 by now!  Get it done!

PurpleDucky
Jogger

Please add the relax app to the Charge 5.  It would be a very useful addition.

reowr
Jogger
relax app shows as not available
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @reowr, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding the Relax app to the Charge 5 with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

CurlyGirly9
First Steps

I upgraded my charge 2 finally, and I used the Relax breathing feature almost daily - it was my favourite feature along with the heart rate monitoring. I cannot believe this watch doesn't have it. This is a deal breaker. Please help us out and give us back the gift of guided breathing throughout the day!!

galatians516
First Steps

The relax app is essentially. I was in the understanding this device had it when I purchased it. I previously used Garmin products, which included most all of the same features as the charge 5 and more and at a more reasonable price. I’m considering leaving fitbit and going back to that Garmin which I’ve trusted for years.

please bring back the relax app 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.