Bring the Relax app to Charge 5

Please bring the Relax app to the charge 5. The charge 5 has the perfect size screen I'm looking for but I'm so disappointed to hear that the Relax app isn't offered.

Moderator edit: Formatting
431 Comments
bsdson
First Steps

please bring back this feature. this is actually the main reason I stay with fitbit.

it seems there are similar features in the app, but my doctor asks me not to bring my phone to the bed, so this is the only way i could do a guided breathing practice.

melissathack
First Steps

This was the feature that I used more than any other. The screenshots appear to show the app function on the Charge 5, but it is not available to install. Being able to discreetly regulate breathing has been SUCH a necessary function during work, school, church. The Calm sessions are great, but not something I'm able to do while my anxiety is increasing during a mandatory meeting. 

Removing the feature seems very hypocritical if Fitbit is trying to help people manage their stress.

Pikn2walk
First Steps

Please bring relax app to charge 5! I joined the Fitbit fam last year with an inspire and later upgraded to the inspire hr. I was intrigued by the relax app and used it quite frequently. It was very discreet and I would even do it wen I went to the bathroom sometimes and I needed to relax. I just upgraded to a charge 5 today to only be disappointed to find out the relax app isn't in there. How sway?!!? I already gave the inspire hr to someone else and even told them about the relax app. According to other comments on here about the new stress management app (is that wat Fitbit tried to replace relax with?), you need to watch a guided meditation video and press the sides for 3mimites continuously? That's even more disappointing as I do not want to do that kind of meditation nor holding sides as that will become uncomfortable and tedious overtime. Not everyone can do 3minites of straight holding the sides of the watch or even pressing the screen. Idk who came up with that idea, but the guided meditations makes me think you're trying to compete with Headspace or something of that sort. I would like to breathe in the relax app discreetly and keep it moving. More times would be great as well.  Several times I don't even take out or bring my phone with me to different places. I never got to experience a weather app with the inspire but I'm sure that would be quite useful to bring to the charge 5. Not having the relax app really is making me consider about buying the discontinued charge 4 or returning this. At least communicate with us! Tell us that you are making a charge 5 relax app but don't keep us in the dark! Give us an estimate! We are your community for crying out loud! Don't keep us in the dark! You should've said relax app coming soon or something as the install button on the Fitbit app store is not clickable. What, this device came out on September and it's now about to be december? This lack of communication and  generational app removing is appaling! How do you expect to keep or gain customers? Please do better as I do want to stay with Fitbit but I am not afraid to switch if Fitbit doesn't listen to their family. Their customers. Us. I have an apple watch 4 collecting dust just waiting for the chance to be used again. How can we begin to recommend y'all if you guys are taking away what we need? No doubt about it, u made a mistake with not including the relax app on launch day or communicating with us about apps youre removing. I wouldve love the Spotify app as well as I have a Spotify account and listen to it regularly. Especially while exercising. This is beginning to feel like a sad upgrade. Only thing that isn't so sad is that I saved 50$ from the sale and the screen is bigger and brighter with color compared to the inspire hr. I hope the relax app will able available to install soon as it's long overdue like a library book. 

Hunter8602
First Steps

Just fyi,

My store has a 30 day change of mind policy, so the charge 5 went back and I was refunded solely because it doesn't have the relax app, which I consider to be critical software.

I'll stick with my charge 3 for now but am looking at other brand names that have similar apps.

Sorry bout that, but fitbit really should have kept that relax app on the 5.

I hate the Charge 5 so far, and I only just paid it off. The terrible band it came with is reacting to my skin and causing burns. The relax app is gone. Holding the sides of the watch hurts my carpal tunnel and arthritis. The only neat thing is the color screen, but needs personalization. 

vamp07
Jogger

Just found this thread. Guess my charge 5 I just bought is getting returned. I’m not sticking around to beg for such an obvious simple feature. 

araefire
First Steps

This was one of the features I was under the impression would accompany my Charge 5. I purchased it BECAUSE I enjoyed the feature on my Charge 3. PLEASE BRING THIS TO THE CHARGE 5. It helps me daily to control my anxiety. 

Hunter8602
First Steps

Yep I got a charge 4 at a ridiculous price on black Friday sales. Don't know what fitbit was thinking removing the relax app, that was just plain unwise..

Oh before I forget if one does have a charge 5 and can't do a eda because holding the sides is too painful just lick your fingers then hold both sides should improve things. My fingers were cramping up when I tried a eda scan and I found wetting my fingers works wonders. Moisture being highly conductive as it is.

To topic, relax app, charge 5... now..

mxld
Jogger

Please bring the Relax app to the Charge 5. Stress management was the main reason I bought a Fitbit in the first place. This is my first Fitbit. I’m very disappointed that it doesn’t include the Relax app. Please include it in the next update. I’m really thinking about returning it because it doesn’t have the Relax app.

Darbyxx
Jogger

PLEASE bring the relax feature to the Charge 5!!! I bought the Charge 5 because I thought it has all that Luxe had and more, sadly, I found out today that it doesn’t have that feature that I was looking forward to so much. Should I return the Charge 5 and get the Luxe just for that? I was so excited for my Charge 5. I don’t understand why they would not have such a great feature in their newest Fitbit. I’m seriously considering returning for this feature. 

Rmutt1917
First Steps

I’ve enjoyed most of the features of the Charge 5 for the past two weeks but no altimeter/music control/relax app? We’ll probably never see major software upgrades for the Charge 5 unfortunately as the company is clearly pushing the smart watch alternatives for these features. Seems they missed the mark with this one rushing it to production. I’ll most likely return the C5 for Apple Watch. It’s price point though higher has the  features I’m looking for. Fitbit, listen to your community! 

Prof-P-body
First Steps

seems this is an attempt to get people on their partner calm. Calm probably requested this as the only way they’d work together. 

but fact either way it’s a dumb decision. 

They could have easily combined the two making it exclusive for calm meditations. Added extra breathing exercises like 5:5 4:7:8 and etc where you hold your breath and different intervals.

And the fact this is in the App Store is just abhorrent.

why tease it? 

hopefully it’s a sign they were just having issues bringing it to the device and we’ll get it later.

grennis
First Steps

The Fitbit app on my phone told me to use the relax app. It sounded really interesting when I read about it and then I found out it’s not available for the charge 5. But your own app recommended it. Really bizarre it’s not available.

ideaphore
Stepping Up

I wish I could relax again!

I thought it came with this and am very disappointed it does not. This combined with not being able to get the heart rate alert to work puts me on the verge of returning my device

ACNoName
First Steps

I had a Garmin 4 Vivosmart with the Relax feature and I loved the short, guided breathing session, especially if my heart rate indicated I was stressed.  It is amazing what a few, deep breaths can do to lower the heart rate and improve health and mood!  Sure wish Fitbit watch would incorporate this very worthwhile and simple feature.  It seems many folks found the deep breaths a very worthwhile feature.  Agree with my fellow community board poster, that being able to silently perform a breathing exercise, beats watching a loud video...how can you perform this exercise in an office?

Jgerard
First Steps

Please bring guided breathing back to the line of charge trackers.  It was quite disappointing to discover that Charge 5 didn’t have this feature.  

CD-R
First Steps

I agree. The Relax app helped me calm down before bedtime. Please bring it back

AlzP
First Steps

I just brought home a new Charge 5 and am really disappointed that the relax app is not available. Had it on my old Inspire HR and I wanted to use it on my bigger screen. PLEASE bring the Relax app to Charge 5.

Mrswhit9
Jogger

Please add the Relax app to Fitbit Charge 5. I have a Calm subscription I'd like to link to my Fitbit account.

Please add Spotify to the Fitbit Charge 5. 

Maysies88
Jogger

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK RELAX TO CHARGE 5… I would have never upgraded to Charge 5 had I known in advance that Relax isn’t available on it!!!! This is going to affect my future purchases of Fitbit watches as you guys seem to keep removing really great apps from each tracker you upgrade. Really frustrating. Relax was my go-to feature to destress and sleep better. 

I NEED IT IN MY LIFE

Maysies88
Jogger

I am going to keep posting about how important Relax is for me and clearly for all the other users until you bring it back!!!

Maysies88
Jogger

Give us Relax back on Charge 5 😭😭😭

LaBellaShi
Jogger

Please please put relax on the charge 5. I recently switched from the versa 2 to the charge because I didn’t really use any of the features. It’s advertised that the Charge 5 has the relax feature but where is it ?!? I’m so upset that you took this away. The relax feature was a great tool that helped me get my blood pressure and anxiety under control. Please bring it back !

Maysies88
Jogger

We are waiting for Relax to be added to Charge 5. Don’t leave us hanging 😭😭😭

the app is already developed I don’t understand why you chose not to include it on Charge 5 it should be on all your fitness watches it’s so good 

Still here for Relax on Charge 5 please don’t let us down 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.