Button Control for Music Track Selection

I would like to see an option to control the music track selection (forward and back) using the physical side buttons instead of the touch screen. This is especially handy for snowboarding/skiing because your gloves do not allow you to use touch screen functions. Since this product is a fitness watch, maybe call is "Winter Sport" or "Snow Sport" mode. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

5 Comments
Sakaro
Jogger

We need to go back to original features for Ionic music control!

Ever since the recent Ionic firmware update, skipping songs in playlists has been made more difficult. It used to be one could skip forward through songs by pressing top right button... with no need to look at the watch screen. Now, you not only need to push and hold the left button to access the music controls, but you have to actually look at the screen and carefully aim for visible arrows to go forward or backward. This is very disruptive while running or working out.

It would be great to NOT have to disrupt your workout to look at the Ionic screen and find touchscreen arrows while running to move forward or backward in the playlists. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. It would be interesting to have this as a optional setting for music control. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 to that!

One press - volume +/-, double press - next/previous song.

TravelingGal
Jogger

Yes, please!  We really need to skip tracks with physical buttons - even when running, sometimes it takes me 2-3 tries to skip tracks because I don't hit the spot exactly.  

LogicianWithAHa
First Steps

The same on the Blaze would be nice - perhaps if the music menu is open, long-pressing the bottom button/volume down goes to next track, long-pressing the top button/volume up goes to previous?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.