CIBC banking (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce)

Hello: I really want to buy the Fitbit ionic, I think it's great. I already have the Fitbit flex 2. 

I won't buy the Ionic tho, until you've partnered with CIBC, I bank wIth CIBC, and once I can link and use my bank card with the Ionic, please let me know and I will head out to buy it 🙂

Moderator Edit: Added Labels + title

161 Comments
KevinUp22
First Steps

I totally agree I only bought the versa SE because I was so excited to use Fitbit pay only to find out it doesn't have my bank or my wife's bank available 

GinaKaur
First Steps

Please add CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce) to your list of banks.  I bought the Charge 3 special addition just for the Fitbit pay feature and I can't use it because CIBC is not on the list of banks that are affiliated with this option.  

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GinaKaur, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

I bought the Versa special edition when it first came out.  Of course, though it is advertised as having the pay feature, it is unusable to most Canadians.  The fitbit company may market it this way but they have none of the major banks on board.  They only have TDs credit card and a bank I've never heard of before.  Considering Canada only has 5 big banks, it shouldn't be hard to have made a contract with them. Android and i-watch have made deals and their devices work. Anyway, I signed on here and commented.  All you get back is a note saying the banks are updated regularly and to keep an eye on the list.  (The list has never grown since I bought my new fitbit.)  Anyway, I am telling people now to ignore the advertising and go elsewhere.  It is too bad as I was a loyal, dedicated fitbit user. I had a small fitbit, then a Surge, and this Versa special edition is my latest acquisition.  Somehow this wonderful company has lost their ethics.  It is more important to make sales then have a good reputation.  BTW I have friends in the UK and they are seeing the exact same problem.  It's an American company, with an American focus, not a global focus. 

JuRobbo
First Steps

How do you add a vote ?

JenniferAnnB
Jogger

JuRobbo

Go up to the vote count and the picture of the thumbs up at the start of the thread.  Click on the thumbs up.  It should go blue and you should see the count go up.  Tell your friends about this situation.  They are obviously not doing anything to fix it at present.

jazcan
Jogger

Don’t hold your breath.  I got the Versa SE thinking the pay feature would be great.  This feature NEVER should have been marketed in Canada due to the very limited list of financial institutions available.  Over a year & nothing has been added...very disappointed ☹️ 

Paula001
First Steps

I read back on this thread from 2017 and still no CIBC?!  What could possibly be the delay?  I specifically purchased the Charge 3 SE to get this feature and you only have 1 major Canadian bank. This is the first time i've been disappointed in your service.

GinaKaur
First Steps
So true!
hockeyshhshs
First Steps

CIBC can you please hook up with Fitbit pay. I’m almost ready to leave the bank and head to the first bank that will support it. I got a mortgage and 5 accounts with you and this would be so helpful 

jhubbard
First Steps

don't know if this is a CIBC issue so much as a fitbit issue, ignoring the request to get it done, I'm not sure I've seen any engagement from fitbit on this subject, I've bought 5 fitbits over the years for family and as much as I like the ionic it will be the last based on this

Kailey25
First Steps

I bank with CIBC and TD please add these to Fitbit pay it will make my life a lot easier when I need to travel light! 

EKWF
First Steps

This upvote

rewen
Jogger

Would really like to use Fitbit Pay but it seems pretty useless so far.

CIBC Visa Debit card + Capital One Mastercard

SheenaAnne
First Steps

Please add CIBC 

jhubbard
First Steps

don't hold your breath, not sure fitbit cares given it's been 2 years plus since people have been asking

JenniferAnnB
Jogger
They will never add it. These requests have been being made for years now.
They have not added a single banks in four years. And yet, they continue to
advertise the pay feature in Canadian stores. I have been a loyal fitbit
user since I bought my first surge. Once my Versa Special Edition is done,
I am going to Apple Watch or an Android. They do have the pay feature and
have hooked in the major Canadian banks. Ironically, fitbit is losing my
business for putting profit over their integrity.

--
rewen
Jogger

I agree. It doesn't seem like they'll add our banks. And the Versa 2 is totally unreliable in terms of it's connection to my phone. Alexa almost never works and I can't count on notifications. 

I want to love this product so much but I think I am going to return it.

jhubbard
First Steps

it's too bad, the products are so close to being right, have bought 10-12 over the years for family and staff, but this blaze is my last fitbit product

JenniferAnnB
Jogger
I would return it. I believed in them, and having such a great experience
in the past with Fitbit, I kept mine waiting for the bank to be added. I've
had it about three years now. No new banks have been added and there's
been no attempt to add them. They have this lovely site up, but apparently
completely ignore the recommendations and when they do answer it is a form
answer saying they add banks all the time and to check frequently. Given
the amount of time I've had my Versa special edition and the fact that zero
banks have been added, Fitbit has taken to lying to their customers. Either
that or "all the time" means something very different in their ethical
standards. Sad. Like you, I wanted to love it. I loved my old Surge!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would love to have CIBC added to the list of banks, was very disappointed to see that it isn't. This was a big selling feature for me and it isn't even available. 

dmitrijs2005
First Steps

Please add CIBC and Scotiabank. Currently Fitbit pay feature is practically unusable in Canada, I'm very disappointed. Just got my new Versa 2...

BeckieT
First Steps

I have a Versa, and one of the features I was looking forward to most was the wallet. As I am a CIBC customer, I found out I couldn't use it since fitbit seems to have an embarrassingly low amount of support for canadian customers in this department. Like so many others, I would love to see CIBC added as quickly as possible as well as some other major banks such as TD or Scotia. My first thought was that I would wait and maybe there would be an update, but I am really concerned that this has been an ongoing issue for so long. Do you think this will become an option in the near future, or would it just be best to return this and go with another option that supports its canadian customers? 

creeperboss900
First Steps

It would be great if Fitbit Pay supported CIBC and other banks. Instead of just 4 which aren't used by majority.

rewen
Jogger

Returned mine today. Between this and notifications being unreliable and Alexa not working most of the time.. I lost faith in the product. Maybe the Versa 3 will be better now that Google is in the picture.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.