Calculate Body Composition thru photo on Fitbit app

The Amazon Halo offers a service where you take a photo with their app and it calculates Body Composition. This would be a big addition to Premium

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
3 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Maureen, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about calculating Body Composition through photo on Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Levelup_Lori
First Steps

The Halo body scan is very interesting and I think will eventually become an important health metric for anyone looking to become more fit.  I actually just tried out the Halo and I'm considering keeping the membership just for this feature.  You body scan every other week, you manually add your weight and then you use your phone to take four guided pictures on all sides.  The app makes an avatar of you body along with the actual scanned pictures.  The warnings and restrictions are reasonable, nobody under 18 can use it and the warnings are for people with body image issues to use with caution.  I'm 50 years old and 50+ lbs overweight, the scans are a huge eye opener..  I was losing lbs on the scale but not near as much body fat according to the scans.  I have a renpho scale that measures a ton of things including body fat, the numbers on the scale were fairly close to the body scan but I did notice the body fat numbers from the scale dropping as I lost lbs but the body scan was not changing near as much.  There is also another useful set of scans Halo has for range of motion, again the scans are done every two weeks and you are guided through a range of exercise types of motions.  You are given a score and then suggested exercises to improve, although it totally blows to admit one is getting older and/or out of shape, range of motion is a huge key to quality of life.  As they say, use it or lose it.  None of the scans are tied to the wearable watch, they are an app/phone camera feature. 

Jjzzxxa
First Steps

I also found this  feature  useful  in the  halo app   would  love to see it  in fitbit 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.