Cancel Friend Request

I think if you send a friend request you should be able to cancel it and resend it. Just in case your friend never got your friend request. It can be very easy to over look friend requests or sometimes you send one to someone by mkistake. If facebook can do it then so can Fitbit.

Moderator Edit:  Added labels

67 Comments
stillh20poke
First Steps
I think there should be a way (if there is Id like to know) how to un-invite a friend request. I tapped on friends and the first person on the list not knowing what I was doing.
JoBa
First Steps

I accidently sent a friend request to someone I do not know and I would love to be able to retract it, but it will not allow me.  Also it would be great if there was a block feature too!

Carhoplady
First Steps

Yes PLEASE, it would be great if we could retract friend requests!!

basilwhite
Recovery Runner

https://www.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/3iqcxr/rejected_another_fitbit_friend_request/

Received another Fitbit request. The profile page doesn't give me enough information to let me know if I know them personally, and I can't send a message to ask "how do we know each other?" because we aren't friends.  

Fitbit, please let me send messages to users who initiate friend requests with me. Facebook fixed this, you can too.

Jmyrtle
Jogger
I'm sure this is how to happen to somebody I've had my fit bit from us three years now and I have added friends mistaking them for other people I thought and now there's no way it seems I can withdraw that are cancel that friend request fit bit support simply told me to post this on a message board but don't offer any help
issata
Jogger

I recently had this issue when I was scrolling through a list of people on my iPhone and I accidentally touched the add friend button. I wish I could undo/retract the friend request I sent because I did not mean to do that (PLUS I do not know who that persons is!). 

If this feature is too difficult to create, then I suggest adding a request confirmation box once the button has been selected would really help reduce any future accidental requests.

issata
Jogger

I too have been a user for 3 years. I JUST had this issue when I was scrolling through a list of people on my iPhone and I accidentally touched the add friend button. On Twitter support told me to post my request to this forum as well. While it's great that it's so easy to add friends but I wish I could undo/retract the friend request I sent because I did not mean to do that (PLUS I do not know who that persons is!). 

Another suggestion is to make a two-step of adding a request confirmation box once the button has been selected would really help reduce any future accidental requests.

issata
Jogger

Have you guys heard anything back about this yet?

I recently had this issue when I was scrolling through a list of people on my iPhone and I accidentally touched the add friend button. I wanted to retract my friend request because I do not know who that person is and it was merely an accidental add! Twitter support told me that's the limit now and to post my idea to this forum. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who would like to retract unintential friend requets!

A suggestion is to make it a two-step of adding a request confirmation box once the button has been selected would really help reduce any future accidental requests.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Fitbit does not provide a way to withdraw a friend request, so the easiest thing is off that accept you have a choice to unfriendly them or not
issata
Jogger

Yep- understood. Hoping the awareness and suggestion given will help Fitbit address the issue. Thanks!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Several of my add mistakes have introduced me to some fun people, but to each their own.

christmas
First Steps
I have noticed on some forums and basic google searches that many people that use Fitbit have accidentally sent friend request to people and would like to remove the friend request. It is a basic feature that most social media platforms have and would be greatly appreciated. I have friend request I have sent to people that I was friends with and because of a falling out still haven't accepted the request please Fitbit team fix this or add a feature so we can take back our requests thank you.
jecoleman13
First Steps

I was scrolling through a friends list of another friend and accidentally tapped and sent a friend request to a stranger. Please include a feature to undo a friend request. There are complaints and inquiries about this all over the help forum and the only solution suggested by FitBit is "wait until they accept you and then delete them." That whole experience is just socially awkward and the solution could be so simple. 

Thanks FitBit, hope to see this change implemented soon.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@boychik0830 This is a great idea. Sometimes we send friend requests by mistake or our friend forgets to accept it or just can't find it. It will be really great if we were able to cancel those friend requests to maintain everything in order. This is so simple that I hope it will get implemented in the nearest future. Thank you for this request, let's keep voting for it! 

greetification
First Steps

+ 1 on this!

Lulu44444
Jogger
I think we should be able to cancel friend requests. It's so easy to accidentally hit a request on someone you don't know. I'd like the cancel request feature to be added.
Annamgo
Jogger
I still can't believe that this issue hasn't been fixed. There should be a toggle or undo. All other social media has it not sure why u can't figure out how to do this.
MNLC
Jogger

This is a huge hole in the functionality.  It's not acceptable to wait until the person accepts and then go and unfriend. I encourage everyone to visit the fitbit help page.  There is a selection for Contact Us via EMail.  Select your device then select "Feature Request".  Ask them to add this functionality!

http://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

kab00m
First Steps

I have been finding suggestions and request for this function online dating back to 2012!!  What the heck Fitbit?  It's 2016 and you still have not added this function?  Horrible customer service in my opinion.

Steve-FL
First Steps
I would like to ask that you add a feature to cancel a friend request that has not responded. I have a few friend requests that I see in my app that have not been acted on. I cannot cancel the request. Facebook has the ability to cancel a friend request, and I think it would be valuable to have it in the Fitbit app as well.
Clair28
First Steps
Would be really useful if you have the function to retract friend requests. I clicked on someone by mistake that I do even know. Or at least a confirm button before the request goes through.
BrittaM
Jogger
This is totally unacceptable that this is not an option. It can track my heartbeat and sleep but unable to cancel a friend request? So very many less savvy applications are able to do this. Especially for the price we pay to purchase these fitbits. I don't see why this hasn't been addressed and would like to see this remedied by an app update in the near future.
BrittaM
Jogger
I clicked on someone who was on my list who is blocked on my phone. This person used to stalk, sexually harass me, and was fired because of it. I'm hoping this accidental friend request does not derail my life. Please fix this Fitbit!
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@BrittaM If he happens to accept your accidental friend request, you will receive an email stating so. If that happens, just go to his profile and unfriend him. Thanks for your patience, hopefully this will be fixed and implemented in the nearest future.

unfriend.png

mtgirl49
Jogger

I too have made an invite mistake. Reading so many comments by so many who have had this happen for one reason or another, Fitbit is behind the times in not giving us the option to make it right!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.