Cardiogram App for Fitbit devices

I chose Fitbit Ionic over Apple Watch because I wanted a fitness tracker and not a device just adding on fitness to everything else.  But it was a hard decision because I want to track AFib.  Ionic seems to be well suited to do this.  I know that it is a collaboration between you and Cardiogram, but it would just rock to have this app added to the Ionic.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. I think this would be very useful for a lot of users that would like to track their atrial fibrillation. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

AndyAD
Keeping Pace

Seconded, I think allowing other companies to use the data collected on the device (and perhaps also the Charge 2 or Alta HR) adds value to the Fitbit devices and makes them better health monitors.

I would love to be able to sync the data on the app and get additional insights.

Mark2018
Distance Runner

Yes! Please!

Thank you

Regards

Mark

LAReed
First Steps

Yes!!!  Please please please make this an option. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Very Nice!!

I am asking this for months! yes yes yes please! I left Fitbit just due to this, there's the Charge 3 coming very soon, I'll be back in Fitbit if it will finally allow 3rd parts to get connected for a deeper and better heart rate data. 

Wrist heart rate monitoring data when exercising is totally useless, especially lifting weight, always totally out of spot. It's not a Fitbit problem but just a matter of that kind of technology, so it's time to accept this and finally let the user get a realistic range of data and let use an external chest strap when needed. 

I'll never understand why Fitbit is that close about this, when even a giant like Apple allow you to get connected to a polarH1 when needed and make you feel confident about your heart rate.

Chocbanana55
Jogger

Yes, yes.  Please add to Alta HR also

gcoliver3
Keeping Pace

Yes please!

WadeGrimm
Jogger

Yes, would love this but please don’t limit to just these two products.  Add to Charger also.  All products that are able should have integration deployed.  Thanks

fafellah
First Steps

Yes, Please. I just upgraded from the Charge 2 to the new Charge 3 and hope to see Fitbit add 3rd party health apps including apps like Cardiogram...

SpO2
Recovery Runner

I want to track PVCs or PVBs. Is there an API through which I can access my Fitbit Versa raw heart beat data? Developing it myself for personal use is probably faster than waiting for Fitbit to implement this.

BrandonBallingr
First Steps

Hey all,

I'm a co-founder at Cardiogram. We just launched a beta test of a new version of Cardiogram that works with Fitbit, on both iPhone and Android. Instructions for signing up are here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fitbit/comments/brgzi4/want_deeper_heart_rate_analysis_seeking_beta/

JLHumbert
Recovery Runner

A better suggestion (or question) is "Why doesn't Fitbit supply this information directly in their app?"  The data is already generated by the tracker, so why not supply us with more granular cardio information and reporting?

Status changed to: Released
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released. You can find more details on the press release here.

@Whackyshoe, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit.

We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

Giampi71
5K Racer

Hello @EdsonFitbit . Sorry but I'm confused. The main page of Feature Suggestion shows it a Coming Soon but you are linking a press release dated June 26th!

I back the question by @JLHumbert . Why not directly from Fitbit device with notification if the HR is out a set range?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.