Casting Premium workouts on TV screen or laptop (iOS)

I have the premium membership and would like to stream the workout videos on a larger screen like my laptop or my tv. I don't see that as an option and fitbit support told me to make the suggestion here.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

96 Comments
joshmo9889
Jogger
Don't hold your breath! I refuse to pay - free trial ends and I part ways with Fitbit if they don't help us on this.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.

I agree with all the other commenters and wonder why, in 2022, the ability to stream the Fitbit premium exercise videos has not been added to the program.

In fact I am flummoxed that FitBit would offer streaming exercises only available on a small phone screen or a not-much-larger iPad screen.

What is the FitBit leadership thinking?  Why would I pay for a service that I cannot use?

joshmo9889
Jogger
I am forced to assume although scores of people do not pay that enough of those utilizing a fit bit device do or there would have been a change by now. Some on here have been posting these sort of sentiments for YEARS. Those that are paying must be enough of a substantial group - which is mind blowing as a fitness enthusiast.

Tootsie617
Recovery Runner

My cell phone is also too small to enjoy much of the premium perks such as workouts. Some of the challenges look interesting. Although I am enjoying other aspects of premium on the phone if I cannot utilize all the features, I will need to decide at renewal time whether premium is worth it. I paid a discounted rate for the premium but renewal would be at full price. I hope that Fitbit will decide to go bigger with the workouts! if not, I will need to look for other fitness programs that will show on a bigger screen. 

Calypsopat
First Steps
I will probably be cancelling before renewal. There are a lot of free
videos that I can play on my big screen.
Essiek
First Steps

This issue has clearly been going on for at least two years. How long does it take for a company to realise there is a need and supply it? I have been given 6 months free fitbit Premium, but  I can’t see the workouts on my small iPhone to do them. And if there is no other way to view them, there is no point in continuing with it. Very disappointing.

Essiek
First Steps

Further to my previous comment, I am delighted to say that I just found a way to watch the premium videos on my iPad. I downloaded the phone app, signed in and went to a video. The app can be viewed as iPhone size, or, in the bottom right corner, tap on the arrows and it gets bigger. Use this on the video, too. Then tap on the rotation square and you get the video full iPad screen! Very pleased! 

Calypsopat
First Steps
I agree
Tootsie617
Recovery Runner

Is there a solution other than having to buy an iPad? My phone is iOS but my computer and tv are not iOS. 

joshmo9889
Jogger
More than 2 years per my look back at posts. My premium membership is ending and I am out....

ChuddyD
First Steps
I found they dont work well on the iPad either

Sent from my iPad
dg19681
First Steps

I can't believe how in 2022 with so many other brands available that this is still an issue.

Love my Fitbit but the phone screen is not practical when viewing workouts. 

Have a word with yourselves Fitbit.

7/24/22 For those discovering using the iPad for the Fitbit Premium workouts, make sure to turn OFF the Bluetooth on your iPhone while working out, or your Fitbit device will be disconnected from your iPhone and it will not reconnect to the iPhone as long as it is connected to the iPad.

The Fitbit device can only be connected to one device Bluetooth at a time.  This took two long calls to Fitbit to learn.  Unfortunately the Fitbit does not always disconnect from the phone when using it on the iPad, so it can be confusing.

To repeat:  BEFORE using the iPad for a Fitbit Premium workout, turn OFF the Bluetooth on your iPhone, make sure Bluetooth is ON on your iPad, do the workout, then turn OFF the Bluetooth on your iPad and turn the Bluetooth on your iPhone back ON.

This still does not excuse FitBit for not making their app accessible on Smart TVs and larger screens, but it's short-term solution.

ChuddyD
First Steps
Also, it is a reAl nuisance to do all that and no excuse.

Sent from my iPhone
elizaabraham
Jogger

Would love to see this feature soon. Really is inconvenient to watch the workouts on my phone. Would be so much more better to cast it or have app for laptop or TV.

AliceA.
First Steps

I will add my two cents to this discussion thread. Fitbit please make the premium videos available for laptops or on streaming such as Roku.  The videos are useless on a phone. This should be a feature for the premium subscription.  You have a great product but I would hope you want to make it better.

Warcar
First Steps

Hi,

Agree with everyone.  It is impossible to watch the workout videos on my iPhone and even on my iPad it is still the size of the iPhone screen.  I will not be continuing my premium subscription once the trial runs out. As well, my sister and brother-in-law, who are new Fitbit sense owners say they will not continue with the premium either once their trial runs out.  So that is another 3 who Fitbit are losing out on for subscriptions … to add to the myriad of others.  Hope Fitbit starts to work on this soon!

AmandaK78
Jogger
I'd love to be able to access the Premium workout videos either on my laptop or via ROKU. It's a useless feature for me when they are only accessible via the app. I would like to be able to stream on my TV
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AmandaK78, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about casting Premium workouts on TV screen or laptop. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be also interested in voting for this suggestion: Allow to stream Premium videos on Roku. If you get the time, take a look of this related feature suggestion that has been updated as "Released" status: Casting Premium workout on TV screen / Devices (Android).

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Same here. 

Please fitbit do something about it. I want to benefit from the premium membership otherwise what is the point of paying? 

elizaabraham
Jogger

Seems like the feature is already in. 

I use an iPhone and I was able to directly cast it on my Roku TV via the same network.

I was also able to AirPlay it from my phone to my MBP. 

IMG_1407.jpgIMG_1409.JPG

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's ridiculous that we pay for the content and we can only watch from a tiny screen! the issue has been going on for a long time and FB has done nothing about it! Very frustrating! 

ChuddyD
First Steps
I discontinued my premium. It’s not worth much.

Sent from my iPhone
CatBoston
First Steps

Yes, please allow for casting of premium video workouts from iOS devices to smart TV (e.g., Roku) — this would be so very helpful!

CatBoston
First Steps

….actually, please disregard, I just figured out how to do it!  Key was to NOT use the cast, but instead use the symbol for connecting to other audio devices.  Doing that allowed me to connect to my ROKU TV.  😁👍

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.