Challenges not Based on Steps, eg. Sports, Stairs, Active Mins

It would be nice to have different types of challenges that aren't solely based on getting our steps in. 

For instance, the number of active minutes in a day, loss challenge, calories, water consumption. Some activities don't count steps such as cycling, skiing or skateboard.  I would like to be able to compete against my friends while doing other activities.  

Moderator edit: Word choice

1,017 Comments
Kilobitz
First Steps

It would be GREAT if we could challenge our friends just we do in steps for calories burned, I feel this would add more of a motivation to work out

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kilobitz , thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on Fitbit Challenges. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Carlos35
First Steps
Still “under consideration”. How long does it take to consider an option?
UdTrev
First Steps
Clearly, suggestions are like mating elephants, it takes many years of roaring and snorting to get a result !

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Jaxson2016
First Steps
Also does anyone find when logging food the scan never works?

Sent from my iPhone
StumpFarm
Jogger
years...
Carlos35
First Steps
Bet if I suggested developing a new watch to sell, that would be done in a few months 😂
Rose921
First Steps

Create a challenge that includes all exercises in one challenge- not just steps. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Rose921, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding challenges with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Indigoblue1
Jogger

More challenges are needed including a custom option. At the moment doing the 5 day challenge every week is the only option so here’s my thoughts for new challenges by utilising the options we already have:

-  add a stair level challenge

- add a minutes challenge (Would need it as a cut off time) in a day, week, custom period.

- Customising: Allow option or as new challenges where we can customise the number of step/ stairs/ mins as an alternative from ‘most number of’ to encourage fitness growth. 

- Add Difficulty levels within current challenges or as new challenges by mixing steps and stairs to create a variety and allow for increasing fitness levels.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Indigoblue1, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding challenges with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

StumpFarm
Jogger
heh. welcome to the echochamber. Great ideas that have been ignored by
Fitbit for 4-5 years.
Indigoblue1
Jogger

This may be obvious but hand in hand with challenges are the badges:  if challenges are  extended then adding corresponding badges.. also if we get custom challenges either:

Add the most popular aka common customs of the same ilk as limited edition challenges and if they are popular they can become new permanent challenges... it could even be a event by Fitbit and the people whose challenges are chosen have the badge named after them aka The Wilson Challenge or The Smith challenge.

Or if custom challenges are only saved locally for a group, allow basic editing on renaming the challenge (badge would also change to same thing) to allow for personalised challenges. 

Not or sure if this counts as an add on or as its own suggestion.

Puskins
Base Runner

Good point. 

Unfortunately it doesn't matter because Fit Bit will ignore your comment along with every other comment and like on this stream.  

I've already started researching my non Fit Bit next watch.  Sadly nobody seems to interested in challenges even though they are relatively popular. 

It's ok I'll feel better after a Moderator thanks me for my feedback! 

MissPaige51613
First Steps

My friends and I love the workweek hustle and the weekend warrior challenges. We also think it would be fun to have a stairs challenge. Something that allows us to see who can do the most sets of stairs a day/week/weekend. Encourage stair use as opposed to elevators or escalators.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MissPaige51613, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

kcrp
Stepping Up

It would be great to have additional challenges that are based on calorie burn, active mins, floors etc instead of just steps. Also it would be nice to have challenges that maybe include more then one goal. 

Sol_Solaris
Jogger

Yes that would be great, i've started doing them with my Cousin and her friends but the variety is limited.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi again @kcrp, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this type of challenges in the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

StumpFarm
Jogger
It would be great to not be depressed by getting mails of these comments
for years and Fitbit ignoring every single one... You suck, Fitbit.
StumpFarm
Jogger
I'd love a moderator to actually field a suggestion rather than "thanking"
your customers and then moving their suggestions to the memory hole thread
to be ignored for YEARS.
Puskins
Base Runner

How aptly put, you do suck Fitbit. Already  researching my next watch brand for Christmas.

Cath759
First Steps

I use the challenge feature a lot but I think each challenge should have the option of competing for steps or active minutes. Someone could do all their steps but actually not get any, or very few, active minutes. Active minutes are what get your body working and fit and should be (in my opinion) more sought after. Also, I swim and steps don’t work when swimming so when in a challenge I’m actually losing out when I’m in the pool as I can’t compete with them! Active minutes would solve this. Thanks for reading 🙂

Cath759
First Steps

Would love to see active minute challenges!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cath759, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on your Fitbit Challenges. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.