Change background colors in app

Just an app improvement idea, I would love if we could change screen colors in the app. When I can share and change it to the black and blue background, I would love to have my dashboard and such that color! Thanks!

134 Comments
Jax209
First Steps

I agree! If love to see a dark background alternative that would be easier on the eyes.  Thanks! 

Magnmae
First Steps

Would love a dark background. The grey on white theme on iOS is especially difficult to read for an old man like me...

RDK2017
First Steps

Cannot use during night time with white background. Please provide a dark theme option. 

@Crystn wrote:

Just an app improvement idea, I would love if we could change screen colors in the app. When I can share and change it to the black and blue background, I would love to have my dashboard and such that color! Thanks!

Spike157
First Steps

Being partially sighted, I love my fitbit Charge 2, but really struggle to see the dashboard with the white backgroun, the navy blue or the black, works wonders, can Fitbit, noit change this in the next update, I would sign any petition, or email them direct if it would help, the only accessability part of the whole app, is the initial clock face, where you can make it big to read. This would be so helpful for those with sight impediments, not just a cool thing, but helpful to those with a disability

Thanks - Spike157

Teri25
First Steps

There really needs to be a setting that we can change the background color on our phone app, not just when we share something!

lcandsp
Recovery Runner

I just don't like the cyan. The ability to easily change display colors would take away that "ugh" sensation that I have every time I have to look at that ugly default that seems to be everywhere in FitBit.

DD9090
Recovery Runner

I'm not sure the Dev team are aware of this thread. Waste of time.... 😡

Tungstn
Jogger

I would live to be able to change the background color

Nefertiribug
First Steps

So frustrating... The dark background is clearly available so why not enable it? Do we need to start a Facebook post about this on the Fitbit page? Eyestrain is a real issue if you expect your users to use your app for more than just the daylight hours.

darthtypo
First Steps

I'm just adding my voice to express disbelief that this feature still hasn't been added. It's essential for quite a number of people, and useful for many others.

AuntBB
Recovery Runner

It shouldn't be difficult to accomplish the addition of a dark background as an option in settings menu. Most of my apps have the option. Many fitbit app updates since we've been asking and no changes.

Hoping...soon...please.

SRH2
First Steps

Not only does the white background in the app blind me half the time, it also kills my battery! Please give us the option to change to a darker theme/skin for the Android app... thanks.

BigFuzzyTrucker
First Steps

Seriously, why is this not done yet?  It is available in the "share" screen, but not the main screen?  

It is ridiculous that this has not been added yet in an update.  It's literally just adding a few lines of code.. Code that already exists in other areas of the app.  

Tianhi
Recovery Runner

I would LOVE this idea. A friend just asked if you could do it so I came here to find out. 

Hopefully a future update will allow

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Crystn thanks for sharing this idea which seems to be popular with the rest of the community. Looking forward to seeing how it grows over the coming months! Thanks

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Boggles94
First Steps

Please add this!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The ability to change the background color to suit the users needs should be one of the first items to update.  Each person is different with different needs. Being able to change the look, scale, font etc should be up to the user not some engineer sitting in a cubicle somewhere.

Bambii33000
First Steps

It would be really nice to have a dark background option for the dashboard. Sometimes all white isn’t very pleasing to look at because it’s so bright 

kellip171
First Steps

I would also like to add that the white theme is harsh on my eyes; I have frequent migraines and sensitivity to the light colors doesn't help with my headaches. Adding a darker theme would be a lot easier for me to look at. Thanks!

anat_w
Jogger

I see on the forums that people have been requesting a dark theme for the app for 3 years now. I don't understand why it's so hard to do. It seems like a very reasonable request and pretty simple to add to the app. Please stop ignoring the request!

richard28
Recovery Runner

My final question is that on the fitbit app am I able to change the backround on the home page. 

sableligtel
First Steps

I would also like that.  I have a very difficult time reading the light grey on white when choosing foods.  Lettering is not only extremely tiny but the light grey prohibits reading it.

Iluomo
First Steps

Please allow a dark/black background.  I've been pining for this for a long time, especially since OLED is so ubiquitous these days...  I'd love to save my eyesight and some battery life 😄

@

@
OliveTC
First Steps

This is a request I see going around since 2015. 3 years have passed and really this is just a colour scheme change, shouldn't be very disruptive to the app and shouldn't take this long to accomplish. Please please implement this... people like me, whose eyes suffer from white/ light backgrounds and that recently invested in a Versa Fitbit tracker would be really grateful. Thank you in advance.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.