Change/remove nutritional advice messages from Fitbit app

Change or remove the nutritional advice messages. Take this one "Don't skip those healthy carbs. Fill 1/4 of your plate at meals and aim for about 6 servings per day." Guaranteed to make it more difficult to lose weight and likely to lead to metabolic diseases. Sack whoever writes them and research low carb / keto / carnivore.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bitcarnicoin, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about changing/removing nutritional advice messages from Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

mater_larum
Jogger

This kind of nutritional advice could be difficult for people with eating disorders.

A toggle button in the settings to turn off this category of notifications would be nice.

JonErrington
Jogger

Better still, remove all those annoying messages. I have marked every one as negative and still they plague my fitbit on a daily basis! As in so many other cases fitbit, OPTIONS! Just because someone **ahem** thinks it's great idea to force rubbish onto everyone doesn't mean the rest of us want it! An option to turn off the daily stupidity at the top of my app would be an improvement! An ACTUAL improvement! Not the perceived or hoped for improvement that your developers think they are making, but one that would make my use of fitbit slightly less annoying!

twwp
First Steps

I too find those awful coloured boxes deeply annoying and wish to turn them off.

StaceyTX
First Steps

Please, an option to turn these off!

flimflamm
First Steps

As someone striving to be anti-diet/health at every size, I would love the option to turn off these notifications. Not everyone uses fitbit to lose weight, and not everyone wants to lose weight! It’s outdated tech and it’s bad UX!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.