Change the band connection for Versa

It is a right fiddle to connect the band on the fitbit versa, it is a brilliant sleek connection but so hard to get back on and this should be changed to make easier.

Moderator edit: labels

15 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lazy-sod great idea. Thanks for sharing, I think that this will be a good option for all Versa users. Let's see what others think.

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lazy-sod thanks for sharing this feedback which has been echoed by other users. Whilst this won't happen for Versa itself, this feedback has been taken into consideration for future generations of smartwatches. To reflect this change, I've updated the label to 'future product' and left as reviewed. Thanks for sharing.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

milan3477
Jogger

The bands are difficult to switch out (esp. the clasp side) Ouch on the nails! Any improvement would be great! Ready to send my entire device back for this reason ONLY!  Shame to switch from Fitbit after this many years though.

Sue-in-uk
Recovery Runner

I agree. I bought mine last week and took the strap off (to see how easy it would be to change it). Trying to put it back on was really really difficult.

DogFit
First Steps

Hi!

I was curious to see if the Fitbit developers would be able to make a band for the Versa or Charge that is better for people who have disabilities and cannot put on the regular bands? One that they can easily slip on and off, almost like one with a collapsable band. I know someone who struggles with putting on anything on their wrists that have the metal bar to put into the slot (like you have know) - sorry I don't know what the traditional band is called.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

DogFit
First Steps

*like the one you have now.

I would like to buy a fit bit for this person and know that they would love it, but the current band they would not be able to get on themselves.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DogFit, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about making an accessory band for those who have disabilities with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DarciF
Jogger

I had a Fitbit Blaze and just upgraded to a Fitbit Versa 2. I loved thatI could switch my wristbands to go with my outfits as well as switch from a sporty band to a nicer looking band for work. When I upgraded, I did not know the FitBit versa 2 does not sell bands that are connected and the screen  can go into a band like the previous Fitbits. I workout daily and want to switch my bands and it has become too difficult to switch each strap out at a time with a silver spring that flies across the room and then ruin my nails trying to fit it in every single time I want to wear a different band. They need to change this and make bands that have the screen snap into them just like the previous Fitbits. If this newer version is supposed to be more advanced, then why would they make switching the bands more difficult? Please change this ASAP!!!!!! otherwise I know you will lose customers on this version because it is too frustrating to do this and people will use what is more convenient. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DarciF. Thanks for sharing with us your idea about changing the band connection for the Versa family smartwatches. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can check this other suggestion here. Keep adding your suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DogFit! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support. We are always working on having better options for you and your Fitbit friends.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @milan3477, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Leelee3887
First Steps
In future designs I would like to recommend an easier way to exchange bands on not only the Fitbit Versa but all your Fitbit products
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Leelee3887, thanks for explaining why you would like to have an easier way to exchange bands. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on our newest Fitbit Versa 3, which has a different wristband connection. You can find more about this watch here.

@Lazy-sod, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.