Change the calorie to carb and sugar

I follow a ketogenic diet so I'm not really concerned about calories I'm more concerned about carbs and sugar. It would be really nice if I could edit the food section so I could put in how many carbs and sugar I am to take in Daily and not care so much about the calories. That would help me track my food without having to use seperate apps

27 Comments
Gingermint123
Jogger

I have a sister who is a type 1 diabetic and would love a Fitbit the main reason she does not already have one is that she is also learning disabled meaning she cant switch between working out the carbs for her insulin and the calories needed for your app, as she finds this to confusing. Is there any chance in the near future that you could consider having a button/switch that would change the app from adding up calories to adding up carbohydrates?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@Gingermint123 thanks for sharing your suggestion. I understand your point, I think it might be helpful in this specific cases. Let's see what other think about this option. 

AvyGyaru
Base Runner

Really cool idea! I care about calories, but I care more about my macros so it would be a great feature for all kinds of diets if you could set protein, fat, carbs, sugar. Seems like that works for IIFYM, keto, diabetic/DASH, Atkins... paleo? Anyway, great suggestion!

AMRMD
First Steps

I would agree with this. I would love to see my macronutrients updated when I add my foods. I would prefer to limit my CHO and increase my protein! Thank you.

Cdyoung14
Jogger

Great Idea!!. I literally came on the community to suggest the same thing. The information is almost there as it has the percentage of carbs, but would be really nice to have the actual count of carbs taken. It seems this could an easy addition since information is already there.

AMRMD
First Steps

Thank you. I sent a personal email to the contact group also. There are many, many other posts requesting the same thing. One has 16 pages. I brought this to their attention...lets hope someone works on it. I tried to synch My Fitness Pal with the Fit Bit but it did not work. No one could help me with that either! Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Vexleigh
First Steps

I would love to be able to track exact grams of my macronutrients, especially protein, without having to do it manually on a spreadsheet. Sure, the percentages on the macronutrient circle give me an idea of the balance, but I have no idea if I'm eating enough protein to maintain and build my muscles.

AMRMD
First Steps

Thanks. I completely agree with you. So many posts are asking for this addition. Fit Bit should go ahead with that upgrade!!!

Shellyatchase
Jogger

This would be amazing if this could be made possible as my husband is diabetic and has to closely watch is intake of sugar and follows a low carb diet.

AMRMD
First Steps

Agree completely.

JDVFit
Jogger

Yes, carb tracker that is up front and center on that main screen would be great. A way for us to see how carbs we’ve intake and how much is left. The current food entry is so tedious to view. Calories is not the most important tracker for different types of diet. 

AMRMD
First Steps

There are many posts suggesting this update and many are from a long time ago. I do not know if or when they will update it. However, I did work around it. I up the app on my phone through Safari. I open it there under Log. 

Ann

Estonian
Stepping Up

I would like to see under the Food Plan a category for the number of sugar grams which is more important than just tracking carbs.  I have notice others asking for the same information due to many different reasons.  The number of sugar grams are included in the nutrition facts. Thanks

Estonian
Stepping Up

@HuggaMonkey wrote:

I follow a ketogenic diet so I'm not really concerned about calories I'm more concerned about carbs and sugar. It would be really nice if I could edit the food section so I could put in how many carbs and sugar I am to take in Daily and not care so much about the calories. That would help me track my food without having to use seperate apps

I would like to see under the Food Plan a category for the number of sugar grams consumed which is more important than just tracking carbs.  I have notice others asking for the same information due to many different reasons.  The number of sugar grams are included in the nutrition facts. Thanks

Jacky94
First Steps

The most thing I miss in the Fitbit App, is the opportunity to track the amount of sugar in my food. 

And maybe to set a limit there (like calories), so it turns red when I‘m over that limit. 

There are barely Apps (in german), which has all nutrients in their food Database.

It is a new hype in Germany to eat sugar free or limited, I knew a lot of people. For my point, I would spend money for a „sugar counting“ App 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jacky94, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Opichikwe
Jogger

I AGREE!  Due to health concerns I needed to focus more on my carb intake rather than calories.  I literally stopped using my Fitbit because it was not helpful in this endeavor.  I want to see my CARBS!!  Come on Fitbit - get with the times!!  The current trend is CARBS not calories!!

Ellenbadat
First Steps

I also agree, would love to see this added.

It would be great if there was an option to choose the type of diet plan you want to follow, i.e. low carb, low fat, low sugar, calories, etc. this would give users much more flexibility.

Cdyoung14
Jogger
This would be a great feature. We have be requesting this for sometime..I
am hoping that will be implemented.
gvanzant1
Runner

Let me add my thumbs up to this.  It would be great to add a carb tracker to the app.  Currently, I have to use a different app to do so.  I think Fitbit is more interested in rolling out new devices rather than update the app.

Stevepmorris56
First Steps

We are being encouraged to eat more complex carbohydrates and less sugars.  It would be helpful if the nutrients summary could show sugars as well as total carbohydrates in the daily total figures.

Lorell
Jogger

I need to follow my sugar intake very carefully and would love if I could with my Fitbit.  I've found a way to do so but it would be so much easier to do so automatically.  Sugar is a major weight factor and I'm sure most people must watch their sugar and carb intake.

chris24238
First Steps

I am on an Atkins/Low carb diet,  I'd love for it to track by carbs instead of by calories. 

CindyLeah
Jogger

I am also on the Keto diet and find that it is tedious and time consuming to track my net carbs in a different app. For example I have had 2 of my 17 net carbs for the day with my breakfast and fitbit is tracking it as 7 carbs. This is frustrating. Please please ad the option to choose Net Carbs. Thank you. 

LonghornDB
First Steps
Add an "Added Sugar" line under the Sugars section in the Food Log (custom items and prepackaged).
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.