Charge 3 Ability to Add/Delete Alarms in Tracker

Features to add:

- set a new alarm in the watch interface (instead of using phone everytime)

- delete the alarm in the watch interface

- countdown timer with hrs option ( currently just has max 60 min)

These features are really useful on a daily basis and I hope you guys understand.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

45 Comments
maxxx77
Recovery Runner

There needs to be a way to set a time alarm directly from the Charge 3 watch without having to go through the app through your phone. I won't always have access to my phone when needing to set a quick alarm. A simple up-down scroll on the face to set alarm time should do the trick.

Also, make dismissing  alarms easier, please. like a double tap or something.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

DaveS3
Runner

Primary interest in voting on this one is to change the alarm time directly on the charge 3

krava2
Recovery Runner

I understand how to use the alarm feature. I am requesting that a change be made to that feature. The places I workout at ALL suggest that you leave valuables, i.e., smartphones, credit cards, etc., locked in a locker or your car. Therefore, I cannot use the alarm feature as the phone is locked up. Suggestion -- Upgrade the software so that you can use the alarm feature without having to have your phone nearby. Just to clarify further, I mean that I would like to randomly set an alarm when on a workout which is not possible since it now requires to setup an alarm to your phone and sync it to reflect the changes on your tracker.

Thank you for considering my suggestion and I hope to see it in an update soon.

Moderator edit: title

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@krava2 Thanks for your suggestion.

I agree it would be very useful having the chance to create silent alarms directly from the Fitbit Charge 3. Once any update is available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

Heather-S
5K Racer

This would be very helpful!  

@krava2 wrote:

I understand how to use the alarm feature. I am requesting that a change be made to that feature. The places I workout at ALL suggest that you leave valuables, i.e., smartphones, credit cards, etc., locked in a locker or your car. Therefore, I cannot use the alarm feature as the phone is locked up. Suggestion -- Upgrade the software so that you can use the alarm feature without having to have your phone nearby. Just to clarify further, I mean that I would like to randomly set an alarm when on a workout which is not possible since it now requires to setup an alarm to your phone and sync it to reflect the changes on your tracker.

Thank you for considering my suggestion and I hope to see it in an update soon.

FitEurope
Jogger

I've bought the Charge 3 just yesterday and I'm loving it. It was my first Fitbit product!

Having said that I was expecting this to be a built-in feature, I'm unpleasently surprised it isn't to be quite frank.
I'm really looking forward to being able to set up alarms on my Charge 3.

I've been looking online for workarounds on how to do it and I've slowly come to realise that the function/solution just isn't there.

I'm trully disappointed.

I registered just to say this, I cannot stress enough how I want this feature.

Yours faithfully

tigger25
Recovery Runner

Yes, please let me set alarm from watch. I don't always have internet access.

kabella66
Runner

Totally agree about the alarm setting....  It makes no sense that you can set the countdown clock on the device, but not set up an alarm .. which is basically the same function.

Also agree about the alarm shut off.  I have yet to make this work.   Usually I just let it run through it's 2 resets until it resets itself ..  tapping, pushing, etc never works on my C3.  

sandykwalsh
Recovery Runner

@sid-charge3 wrote:

Features to add:

- set a new alarm in the watch interface (instead of using phone everytime)

- delete the alarm in the watch interface

- countdown timer with hrs option ( currently just has max 60 min)

These features are really useful on a daily basis and I hope you guys understand.

I totally agree!!!!  Especially to set my alarm without having to sync to my phone!!

Thank you

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @sid-charge3! Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions. We can see that you have shared lots of ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion. That way we can keep this boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. We have chosen one idea and retitled and labelled your idea accordingly. Please repost your other ideas as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’.

Xebra
Recovery Runner

This would be awesome. In fact, it's omission is one of the things preventing me from making the purchase of the watch.

kates_lyrix
First Steps

it would be so nice to set an alarm on my charge 3 without having to use my phone and then wait for it to sync with the watch. with the touch screen and the way to change the timers through the watch, it seems like it could be very similarly set up for alarms.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kates_lyrix, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. remember to add your vote.

HoytThorpe
Jogger

100% second that. It feels like an oversight, that it can't be set on the watch. Many people don't use the app every day and thus syncing takes longer and setting an alarm becomes a 5 min exercise instead of 20 secs. 

I would use the alarm function way more often, thus have more use / bang for my buck for the Charge 3.

Please add this function. Thank you!

rebekkahjoy
First Steps

I love waking up to the vibration on my wrist from my Fitbit rather than from an annoying alarm on my phone. This helps me sleep better since I'm not worried about being close to my phone. I'm able to keep my phone in another room, which I hear is more conducive to healthy sleeping. However, sometimes I need to change my alarm time, and right now the only way I can do that is through the phone app. Being able to change the alarm time from the tracker itself would be more convenient. 

*this is not the same issue as "activating" an alarm 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rebekkahjoy, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Rlpf358
First Steps

I totally agree! I AM RETURNING MY CHARGE 3 BECAUSE IT LACKS THIS CAPABILITY!  I tried the Versa but it was too large so I bought the Charge 3. I love the size but since I can not set alarms from the watch I am returning it.  I was on a 3 day camping trip with no cell coverage when I found out.  alarms have to be set from the phone! I've had the watch 4 days and am taking it back. The inability to set an alarm from the watch is a deal breaker for me.☹

andyman68
Base Runner

Yes, please add this feature or I won’t purchase a Charge 3. I currently have the Blaze and would consider the Charge when I am ready to replace.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share.

Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

asiayeah
Pace Setter

It's been a few months and I can't believe this feature hasn't been added yet. 

How many votes do we need before we can consider it?

This is needed as internet access isn't always available. Also setting an alarm first on the phone and then sync it before going to bed is such a time consuming process.

Technically, how difficult is it to add this feature?

asiayeah
Pace Setter

It's been a few months and I can't believe this feature hasn't been added yet. 

May I know how many votes do we need before we can consider it?

This is needed as internet access isn't always available. Also setting an alarm first on the phone and then sync it before going to bed is such a time consuming process. Sometimes it hurts the sleeping quality. 

Technically, how difficult is it to add this feature?

CMBB
First Steps

It is very important to me to be able to add alarms directly from my Charge 3 device. I don't always have access to my phone and it is not practical for me to wait for the phone to sync with the charger each time I want to set an alarm when I do.

The Charge 3 is a perfect size for me but I am highly disappointed in this lacking feature. I assumed it would have it since my Mom's Versa has it.

I have confidence that fitbit will fix this and add this feature to the Charge 3.

Thank you!

Fbt_user
Jogger

I agree! It takes ages for the alarms to sync on the app - I'd rather be able to do it directly from the device itself, and even when my phone isn't nearby.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.