Charge 3 alarm - dismiss alarm by tap on display

Hi, if you use silent alarm you will see this screen:

before

Please get rid of the duck, move alarm time and snooze button up to the top and add a dismiss button (maybe a big cross symbol) right below. Here is a suggestion (as a draft) how this can look:

after

Right now, you have to press the button which is very uncomfortable if you use multiple alarms a day.

Kind regards

Brian

95 Comments
MargyPilot
Recovery Runner

I just got my fitbit 3 to replace my Blaze.  I'm glad I read this as I couldn't get the alarm to go off (shut it off in the app).  The Blaze has red zzz's and a green checkmark.  That's sort of what I expected.  Can you make a few and users can pick like the clock faces (which MUST be readable and have large time/day/date!

RottieLover
Runner

I like the idea of either making it snooze or dismissing the alarm.

Mandeelui
Jogger

As a fitbit newbie with the charge 3 I found silencing / snoozing the alarm very confusing too. The in-app 'manual' was bare. 

The idea to get both the snooze and the stop button on the watch face would definitely clear things up. 

Great shout! 

PSHG
First Steps

Totally agree had new Charge 3 today very frustrating to have to press the button not the screen 

Brian66
Jogger

Please do not forget to press the "thumbs up" button on the left to make sure your vote is counted on this suggestion 🙂

cornell1984
First Steps

Good day all.  Just got the Charge 3; alarm went off ... I am fumbling in the dark trying to turn the bloody thing off (ideally not snooze).  I end up waking up my wife ... now I am the worst ever.

The experience should be easy, not stressful the first thing I do in the day.

Fitbit, it is not clear how to turn this thing off, when it goes off.  Alta is easier.

I too would prefer you move your wrist, the home screen comes up with a big fat X.  Get rid of the duck.  Serves no purpose.  And I live with ducks!

Fitbit, thanks for all you do.

Thanks for the suggestion INC silencing the alarm; it’s a good one.

Brian66
Jogger

@Fitbit:
We use the charge 3 in the family for reminding grandparents to take their medicine at the correct time. That means they have like 3, 4, or 5 alarm notifications the day. If it is already hard for the younger folks to dismiss the alarm at first try, you can maybe imagine how hard this will be for older people. Please help them and us too and make it easier to dismiss the alarm with a clear symbol on the screen.

Thanks for your effort.

Griffew
Jogger

Yes! I think your draft is perfect. 

cornell1984
First Steps
Thank you 🙏

Get Outlook for iOS
****************************************************************************** "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you." ******************************************************************************
Allons-y
Stepping Up

Great suggestion!  (Currently, my silent alarms aren't working and going off at random unscheduled times--like 2 am, but when they do finally work, this suggestion would be perfect.) Thanks!

Emmav73
Recovery Runner

I quite liked the duck but tostop the alarm a tap on the screen would be great. 

Jenny0981
First Steps

Please do this!  I can't figure out how to turn it off, just how to snooze it, and my am alarm did not go off this morning so now I'm rushing to get my daughter to school.  She is not happy about the lost 15 minutes and having to rush. 

me3
Recovery Runner

Great idea!!!  Turning off the alarm is complicated. 

@Brian66 wrote:

before

Please get rid of the duck, move alarm time and snooze button up to the top and add a dismiss button (maybe a big cross symbol) right below. Here is a suggestion (as a draft) how this can look:

after

Right now, you have to press the button which is very uncomfortable if you use multiple alarms a day.

Kind regards

Brian

@Brian66 wrote:

before

after

Kind regards

Brian

Ge0ffP
First Steps

This is a great idea as pressing the side button also just makes the alarm snooze (mine goes off again after a few minutes) - it's hard to believe Fitbit can't get such a simple thing (stopping an alarm) right.

cornell1984
First Steps
As a follow -up, another user complained that the alarm didn't go off. I have had the same issue - twice now.

For some reason, my alarms are set on the app, they go off the next morning, and when I go back to the app - they have been turned off again.

NO idea how this is happening. The alarms on my Alta NEVER turned off. ONLY through the app.

As a follow-up to my original comment, FITBIT, it is STILL not clear how to turn off the alarm on the Charge 3. Double tap isn't it. Hitting the button didn't work this morning ... it put it into snooze.

You produce a fine product, but guys, this isn't that hard. YOU HAVE TO FIND A FIX. Your product shouldn't collectively irate us first thing in the morning.

HELLLOOO, anyone listening?? Your good will is eroding. Hard to get back after people fire you and find another solution. Just sayin...

I am about to send your Charge 3 back and go with my never fail Alta.

Jahn D. Gazder, CFP(r)
Private Wealth Advisor | Managing Director

An Ameriprise Private Wealth Advisory Practice

Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc.
5905 East Galbraith Rd., Suite 4200
Cincinnati, OH 45236

Direct: 513.241.2303 | Fax: 877.673.1071 | Cell: 513.368.0757 | TF: 800.684.1700

Support staff contact information is available on my website

http://www.ameripriseadvisors.com/jahn.d.gazder

[Description: Confident Retirement]

P.S. Thank you for your referrals. They are making a big difference in my practice. Please share the 3-Minute Confident RetirementSM check with your friends and family.

[Description: Website][Description: Video][Description: LinkedIn]

[Description: LOGO]

Products from RiverSource and Columbia Threadneedle Investments are offered by affiliates of Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Investment advisory products and services are made available through Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment adviser. Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. Member FINRA and SIPC.

****************************************************************************** "This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you." ******************************************************************************
juliekate1980
Jogger

Hi,

Same problem here. The bedtime reminder does not show up on my Fitbit charge 3, only on my phone (which is not helpful since I’m trying to stay off my phone before bed). So I set an alarm instead for every night at 11:00pm.  But it doesn’t turn off when I press the side button, just keeps coming back on every 9 minutes. 

Fix please!

GrahamM8
First Steps

Agree totally with the above comments and the suggestion of having the X on screen is the best way forward in my opinion.

i actually like the duck, but the ZZZ and X options are far more important.

Maybe we could fit them all in !!

Sheyenne-1999
First Steps

This is an excellent idea. I just got the Charge  3 recently and was very irritated when I couldn’t shut my alarm off without having to go into the app and manually do it. 

rnrnrn
Stepping Up

This is a very good idea - kudos. One other thing which needs an improvement - the duration of the vibration and the number of times it is repeated. What you have now - just some short vibrations that repeat twice will never ever wake me up. I would set it up to 1 minute long vibration that repeats 20 times. That could potentially wake me up. And yes I understand it would deplete the battery, but I don't much care about that as compared to actually waking up.

Jenny0981
First Steps

I found out if you hold the side button down for about 3 seconds it turns off the alarm, not snooze.  But if you just do i t for half a second it snoozes which was what I had been doing. 

cornell1984
First Steps
If this works out, that is a HUGE post.

Thanks for your comment!

Get Outlook for iOS
Dowdela
First Steps

This is a great idea. I too had trouble silencing my alarm.

DaveS3
Runner

Button should cancel, screen should snooze. Don't want both in the screen as trying to snooze could cancel (when just waking up).

Redmetal73
Keeping Pace

Agree

@Brian66 wrote:

before

after

Kind regards

Brian

jkalbhen
First Steps

Super annoying. I have been trying to turn off the **ahem** alarm all morning and can only snooze it. I had a previous model FitBit watch/tracker and it didn't have this issue. Fix this asap or I am returning my Charge and going with one of the many of FitBit's competitors. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.