Charge 3 alarm - dismiss alarm by tap on display

Hi, if you use silent alarm you will see this screen:

before

Please get rid of the duck, move alarm time and snooze button up to the top and add a dismiss button (maybe a big cross symbol) right below. Here is a suggestion (as a draft) how this can look:

after

Right now, you have to press the button which is very uncomfortable if you use multiple alarms a day.

Kind regards

Brian

95 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@crustle I'm not sure what type of Charge 3 that you may have, but Fitbit only put one button on the Charge 3 and that is on the left side. There is no indent or physical button on the right side and most users will understand that an icon on the screen is not a physical button. 

Manxfx
First Steps
I am saying tapping snooze on screen or pressing left side button when
alarm first triggers does not work. The alarm continues to repeat several
times. Is my hardware faulty,?
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I just tried it. 

The alarm went off, i taped the left button and 20 minutes later the alarm still hasn't repeated. 

Note that i did not tap the duck(snoize)

Manxfx
First Steps

My Charge 3 still refuses stop alarms reliably...very hit or miss. Fitbit please address this or confirm my 10 month old device is faulty!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Manxfx try tapping the button, currently their is no place to tap on the screen to dismiss the alarm. 

Manxfx
First Steps
Tried it many times.. Never works!!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Then i would try a restart of the Charge 3, the user manual says that it should work this way. 

turbojackie
First Steps

I have done a reset on my Fitbit and my alarm still refuses to dismiss about 80% of the time.  It is very frustrating.  I didn't have this issue with my Charge or my Charge 2. 

MsJade13
Jogger

Got a charge 3 yesterday. This morning the alarm went off and I had no idea what to do to silence it. In instinctually just hit the side button and it stopped...but it was just snooze, it went off again 9 mins later. Hit the side button again. Seems like maybe it’s off after the second try? But I don’t want it to snooze. Snooze should not be a default function. It should be something that we choose in the app. Like the mock-up of an onscreen silence vs snooze option. If the side button actually silenced it and didn’t snooze I’d be cool with that too. 

adomanim
Recovery Runner

I do not have the charge 3 yet. I don’t think I would mind that feature since I have to tap my Alta hr a few times for it to turn off the alarm or to go through the stats it’s kind of annoying.

adomanim
Recovery Runner

I do not have the charge 3 yet. I don’t think I would mind that feature since I have to tap my Alta hr a few times for it to turn off the alarm or to go    snaptube  , telegram web   the stats it’s kind of annoying. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@MsJade13. tap the side button, this is what your user manual states. 

User manual found through the help link at the bottom of the page. 

Pulsgator
First Steps

FIX THE ALARM ISSUE ON CHARGE3!!!

Gmary74
Jogger

I'm not sure if it's the button or what - but I updated from a charge 2 to a charge 3 and had no problems silencing the alarms on the 2 but on the 3 whether I double tap or hold the button in - alarm just snoozes. Very annoying.Please fix this.

CMFCharlotte
First Steps

I have 7 reminder alarms every day.  I want them to repeat every day and I do not want them to snooze.  It drives me nuts that I can't get this fixed.  7 alarms are enough - not 14.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@CMFCharlotte as mentioned above, and on page 26 of you Charge 3 user manual. To dismiss an alarm, press the side button twice. 

CMFCharlotte
First Steps

Thanks so much.  It works

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Crossfire727
First Steps
A way to turn off auto snooze on an alarm, and setting it so that it will not snooze until you manually hit the snooze button.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Crossfire727, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to manually snooze alarms on Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.