Charge 4 screen brightness boost

For direct sunlight situations, add an ability to boost screen brightness temporarily, i.e. one-time event, through an easy to access while exercising method e.g. through a screen tap/scroll sequence. Enable the user to determine the preferred method in the Settings on the Charge 4 device.
315 Comments
Ian2023
First Steps

When you look at how long this issue has been going on for ,2020, and nothing has been done to fix this problem it makes you think again about buying future products from them. Come on Fitbit get your act together and do something to keep your paying customers happy and to all the owners of these watches keep up the comments and complaints. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just returned mine. 

ChristineMG
First Steps

I know this thread is 3 years ago, but I am experiencing the same problem. Have changed brightness but it stays dim - inside and outside. Cannot read the screen. I have also restarted, etc, but nothing helps. My C2 worked better than this one and had my C2 for more than 5 years without any hiccups. C4 is just over a year and are experiencing many problems. Not happy at all.

SteveHaynes67
Recovery Runner

Garmin!

And don't forget to tell everyone your experience  😉 

I don’t have the C4 anymore but if you scroll on your C4 there is a place to make it brighter or dim on there. I have the C5 now and have only had it about a year and it has stopped working. It also eats into the top layer of my skin really bad. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
GilGomesJr
Jogger
Well aware of that setting... It's still not enough. I'm all done with
Fitbit, especially now that Google owns it and they're doing nothing to
move the brand along. They have their own devices to push...

-Gil
ChristineMG
First Steps

virginiaeller68, the screen is on its brightest!  And for the past 3 days, the top part of my screen is non-existent, while bottom half is very dim. And FB is on my wrist. It did not fall and I did not bump it anywhere. Screen still brand new as if I have bought it yesterday.

GilGomesJr, I agree. I am done with FB. I have lost all confidence in FB. Liked it that it was slim as I don't like big watches and also the fact that I could have worn the SS mesh metallic band as the silicone gives me a rash. I am changing to Garmin. Sorry FB, you are losing more and more customers due to the problems.

GrahamWh
Keeping Pace
I have given up on the FB4, the device was getting unusable and I have now
swapped to a Garmin which may not be as neat but at least it works. My
son's FB4 screen also failed totally another dissatisfied customer. These
problems have been there ever since the FB4 was released, FB would not
appear to care.
ChristineMG
First Steps
Over the weekend I switched to Garmin and am thus far loving my new watch.
Just something to get used to with the bigger screen, but at least it is
working and I can see the time!
Gtkp
First Steps

Same issue.  Although I think something has gone wrong with my device.  It’s dimmer than what it was and dim really is dim.  Just over a year old.  Don’t buy this product.

tbc10
Base Runner

Actually, the solution is just to set the brightness to auto. If the brightness is set to auto, the screen will be brighter outside. It would help if they also had a bright setting along with the normal and dim settings. So in the meantime, set your charge for two auto, and it will be bright in the sunlight.  

timtom27
Recovery Runner

You might think so, but no it’s still completely unreadable. 

GrahamWh
Keeping Pace
I think that there must be a lot of variability in the devices some may be
brighter than others. I wear photochromic glasses which makes it impossible
to use outside even when it is not that sunny. The auto function only
switches between Dim and Normal and does not provide a brightness boost in
outdoor conditions.
tbc10
Base Runner

i wear glasses that darken outside. 

On my Charge 4,  I cannot see Normal outside but Auto, I can definitely see on my Charge 4 outside. 
On Normal my screen disappears completely outside. 
on  Auto my screen is definitely visible outside. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.