Charge 4 silicone pocket clip

I bought the new charge 4 as I was thrilled to finally have a Fitbit with built in GPS and waterproof! (Having previously had the charge 2) As a healthcare worker we are constantly washing our hands and have to be bare below the elbows. I would love to be able to clip it securely in my pocket when at work to record my steps, I know it’s designed for heart rate monitoring but it’s just not possible as a front line NHS worker! Used to squeeze my charge 2 into an old zip but it did break and this one is just a bit too big. I think you would find a big interest in this and could market accordingly. Also clip it inside my sports bra for my netball matches as also cannot wear on the wrist. Definitely a market for this. Thank you. You would make an NHS radiographer very happy if you could do this! 

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lacrig, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a silicone pocket clip for Charge 4. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Danzilles93
First Steps

I have just purchased the charge 4 and would absolutely love a silicone clip. Would be perfect for my sport 3 times a week

Ykhalid
First Steps

Definitely something that a lot of NHS staff would benefit from 

Looke24
First Steps

I would love something like this for my place of work where I'm not allowed to have wristwear in certain areas! I tried keeping my charge 4 in my pocket and it worked fine aside from the 8 floors it said I climbed when the building I work in had no change of elevation whatsoever.

Joseph26
First Steps

Wish I knew this didn’t have a clip accessory. I work in a restaurant 60 hours a week and cannot wear the wristband. Ugh.

caoimhegood
First Steps
Any chance of creating a clip for the Charge 4?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @caoimhegoodThanks for sharing this suggestion about having a clip available for the Charge 4 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support and keep adding your suggestions.

Yonis
First Steps

I do martial arts ( which is a sport available in the charge 4) and also can’t wear it. Clip would be super awesome for me 

Maryrose650
First Steps

Pkease orovide a clup for tge charge

Becabeca
First Steps

Me🖐 I would definitely use a clip for the charge 4. My husband any myself don’t always want to wear a watch on our wrists. I googled this today and came across this thread. 

Mcfarali
First Steps

Yes please! Just purchased a fitbit charge 4 two days ago and have had to swap the wrists already as it irritates my wrist bone too much and is very uncomfortable. I would love a clip for this product. I don't think I can wear it on my wrist much longer. Have tried moving it around and tightening/loosening but discomfort remains.

SharonKP
Jogger

Please develop a clip for the Charge 4. I really miss the One I had. I play the violin and do not like wearing a wrist band. 

Nanncy
Jogger

I would love this too please! I work as flight attendant and we have this rule that we can’t wear anything but mechanical watch at work. And you can imagine how much we walk during work, I don’t wanna miss counting those steps for the challenge! 

soccernut
Recovery Runner

Yes - I would definitely love a pocket clip!!  I have only ever had Zips or Ones and the last one of these died on me, so I'm getting a Charge 4.  I don't like having anything on my wrist if I am not measuring my heart rate.

Kscott1982
First Steps

Definately want a clip for my charge 4. Previously had the zip and one for this reason. Come on Fitbit so many people asking for this. 

Flareup
Jogger

I suffer from minor skin allergies periodically and without warning and so far without any identified cause.

I was given a Fitbit Charge 4 for Christmas and I am quite badly affected by the skin contact with the wrist strap. This has become a daily issue on both wrists whilst wearing my Charge 4. I'm really careful about how I look after and treat my skin, but this does not prevent the rash on my wrists. I've tried stopping wearing the device for a few days to allow my skin to recover but the flareup starts within an hour or so of fitting the device.

Can you please create a clip holder that will allow me to wear the device with minimal skin contact.

I've read several other posts by people who seem to have had a similar experience.

BigJoe309
Stepping Up

I have a Fitbit One, but its getting a  little old (battery life), I'd like to move to the Charge 4 but not unless I can clip it on my belt - I may occasionally put it on my wrist but I haven't worn a watch for over 10 years so don't want to go back.

Flareup
Jogger
The problem was associated with skin contact. I did try just putting the Charge 4 in my pocket. Works in a basic way of recording steps/distance but not heart rate etc. Tried wearing as a watch on top of a thin tee shirt and seems to work for basic movement response. Basically all I want it for. Fitbit don’t make a clip holder for the Charge 4 but I think Amazon sell something that seems to work based on purchasers reviews. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone
Dan.C
First Steps

I'll second this. Being able to clip it I to my bra fir netbal would be the answer to my prayers 🎉🤾🏻‍:female_sign:

Activeswim
First Steps

I love my charge 4 it’s great for tracking swimming and other activities. I used to have another tracker with a super strong magnet that I could attach to my bathing suit or sports bra, I would love to see Fitbit create one!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @Lacrig. Thanks so much for sharing this suggestion about adding Charge 4 silicone pocket clip. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Charge 5. You can find more details here.

@Lacrig, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.