Charger Connector Cover for Sense

a small thin ring that has 4 magnetic prongs to connect to charging ports on the back of the Fitbit sense while it is not charging.
41 Comments
SenstiveSense
Recovery Runner

FitbitCover.jpg

Sorry It wouldn't let me upload my suggestion with a picture in the upload area.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SenstiveSense, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding a charger connector cover for Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner

Hi could you please tell me where I could buy this at as I've the same problem allergy to nickel 

NickelFreePlz
First Steps

I would also pay you money for this, FitBit! Nickel allergies affect >10% of the population, and have ruined my hands. They are especially common in some areas where you have many customers, like Canada, the US, and Europe. Sadly, I think I need to return a recently purchased FitBit because this is not a current option, and I will not be purchasing this for 2 interested family members because they have the same common allergy.

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
I also have an Allergy to nickel I have the sense fitbit I changed the strap round a woven 1 and I keep moving the watch to different parts of my arm as I really like the sense when my wrist breaks out I take it off for a while they should bring out a nickel free 1 and quickly at that

C Hutton
LauraJ59
First Steps

I would 100% purchase this if it was available. I've had my sense for about a week and just noticed 2 points of irritation due to the metal where the charger connects. I plan on scouring the internet for a solution.

Fitbit should seriously consider making nickel free or covers for nickel plated pieces on their watches. I've had issues with their bands a few years ago on my versa and had to puchase a band from Amazon that was nickel free.

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
Ive the same problem Ann nickel allergy my wrist looks a mess I've bought a sports band strap and keep moving my watch were I wear it surely there must b something could do I love the sense other wise I'd return it I'm actually wearing it with the face on the inside of my wrist atm I'll see what happens

C Hutton
quinndy
First Steps

Same issue. I have a nickel allergy, but used the Versa 2 for several years with no issues. I upgrade to the Sense and start getting red, itchy bumps on my skin where the magnetic charging connectors on the back of the watch are located.

Honestly, this is more akin to an accessibility issue so shouldn't fall under FitBit's "we'll only do it if enough people vote for it" standard policy. A portion of the population literally cannot use their device because it causes a rash (in other words, a health issue ironically caused by a tracker to help improve health).

I am used to nickel in watch bands, but this is part of the CORE product sadly and there is no solution or way to swap it out. Which is such a bummer, because I was loving the Sense. I may need to explore fitness bands from other companies.

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
:hundred_points:% agree surely they can come with something to help us Nickel allergies I'm fed up having to take mine of for few hours daily

C Hutton
kittyhawk1990
First Steps

YES PLEASE i'm dyin over here with my itchy red skin. if i knew i was going to break out from this i would have bought an apple watch instead. 

Rachel2get-fit
First Steps

Not only Nickel suffers but those with psoriasis. Cleaning the ports to charge all the time will damage the connectors at some point. Please make some sort of cover thank you 

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
I agree :hundred_points:% ive to take my watch of to give my skin a break from it if we start a petition they might create something then again they make enough from people who don't suffer like us

C Hutton
nweber
Recovery Runner

I never thought about why I getvan itchy rash under my fitbit. If this prevented that, I would def get it. 

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
Me 2 lol

C Hutton
Dena81
First Steps

I definitely need this as I constantly have to switch my fitbit between hands each time I get a rash.  Currently have one on my dominant hand so the Fitbit is now again on my non-dominant.  I love the Fitbit Sense and as an Android user this is honestly the best smartwatch on the market for fitness but the need to constantly have to switch hands due to my allergy makes it frustrating and I'm sure skews my records as well 

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
I agree :hundred_points:% i love the sense fitbit I just bought the versa 3 as its silimiar to the sense to discover its the same back to the sense hence the same problem I actually gave it away Mt sense atm I've had to take off my rash is that bad hoping they come up with a solution very very soon

C Hutton
...---...
Recovery Runner

My daughter has a nickel allergy & got a bad rash from the Fitbit Sense I bought for her. We fixed it by putting a screen protector on the back of it (where it touches the skin). I pre-punched 4 small holes for the charger to be able to still connect and had to trim it a little so it didn't cover the band attachment. She's been wearing it now for several weeks with no problems at all. I purchased the ZAGG InvisibleSheild Ultra Clear Screen Protector that fits the Versa2,3, & Sense. It was about $15. I know this solution doesn't keep the charge connectors covered & clean, but it is a decent workaround for those who are having allergic reactions to the nickel in their Fitbits. Hope this helps anyone else out there with nickel allergies 🙂

nweber
Recovery Runner
Does it prevent heart rate tracking and other features that require skin contact?Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
Thank you for that information I also have bad allergy to nickel I bought cream of Amazon skin tifique which is a protective cream that protects from nickel allergies though I think I'll try your suggestion as I love my fitbit sense

C Hutton
Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
No all my features still work all the health metrics still work overnight my heartrate also

C Hutton
...---...
Recovery Runner

All the features still work great - including the heart tracking and sleep tracking, etc. I don't think they technically require skin contact, I think they just need to have the lights be able to reach your skin close enough to get readings which it can through the clear plastic screen protector. I ordered my screen protectors from Best Buy online for $14.99. You could probably shop around for better prices though. Hope it works for you as well as it has for my daughter🤞

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/zagg-invisibleshield-ultra-clear-screen-protector-for-fitbit-versa-2-ve...

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
Thank you so much for the link I was just about to ask you where I could get them from I'm going to order them now heres hoping

C Hutton
Versas
First Steps

I am also having this problem. The Alta and Versa 2 were fine, but the Versa 3 is making my wrist itchy, even when dry, clean, and loose. Would scotch tape, in theory, work the same way the clear screen protector does but free? 😁

...---...
Recovery Runner

In theory, yes I think it would. However, I think the adhesive on scotch tape gets sticky & gunky unlike the screen protector adhesive, so it might cause problems in the long run. Also it isn't water-proof/sweat-proof like a screen protector is so it would probably be a more temporary fix.

Tracy7873
Tempo Runner
HI to be honest I don't know I've the sense and the back has nickel in it which I've allergy to I bought special cream for this which let's me wear it without the rash I seen a post a lady had bought screen protector and used that which works for her also

C Hutton
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.