Clip or Nurse Watch Style Strap

British healthcare staff (and presumably staff in hospitals across the world) do not wear anything below the elbow to ensure cleanliness. Carrying a phone around all day is also not always possible - so how can people in these roles measure their daily activity?

There is an opportunity for Fitbit to develop some alternative form of strap or clip that can be worn on clothing.

The Fitbit Zip is one solution, but this offers limited functionality, and the same applies to the Flex. Individuals are unlikely to purchase two Fitbit products, one for work and another for life outside, so device flexibility is the key.

Whilst the heart rate monitoring won't work whilst clipped to clothing, it will still provide the key data during the working day.

There are around 1.5 million British healthcare staff, and (according to Google) around 18 million healthcare staff in the US, so developing a strap or clip to make your devices more flexible could find a significant market.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any other activity tracker companies that have this product, so Fitbit could lead the way...

Thank you for your consideration.

Moderator Edition: Labels

45 Comments
mandyb05072
First Steps

I love Fitbit and its products!

I work in a food production company. I am unable to wear my Fitbit charge HR 3  at work and I love the features it has. I was wondering if someone has ever thought of making a product that could be concealed under a shirt or somewhere that would still be able to monitor your heartrate as well as steps. This would be an amazing product for those that are not able to wear jewelry, watches, necklaces, bracelets, wristbands, and such while at work. 

Hoping someone will look into this ASAP. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MASON999, thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having a similar Fitbit device  as Charge 3 with a clip. I've moved it into a similar suggestion. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

MekMek
First Steps

Come up with a smaller device e.g. the flex 2, that you can have customizable brackets and bagels with. I love my flex 2 as I can make it look like a bracelet. I have an Apple Watch that I will not replace due to how well it syncs with my phone. I had my Fitbit first so I definitely do not want to loose those connections. Instead of trying to replace the Apple Watch, how about come up with something that can compliment it. A option that can be worn as a necklace, bracelet etc. ie the Fitbit flex 2 would be great. Since you no longer make the flex 2 It’s getting harder to find accessories I will not replace it once this dies, which I will regret losing contacts... unless you have a comparable small interchangeable option.  

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@MekMek Thank you for your suggestion about having a device that can be worn as a necklace or bracelet.

I moved it to this thread to maintain this board organized and because it is the same idea.

neccis
First Steps

So my One died.  Perfect for hiking in the mountains with the data for elevation gained.  Currently using my original Zip.  Suggestion, bring out a One.2 with a higher capacity battery.  If that is not possible how about creating clip on carriers for your current Wrist trackers.  You've done that with the Inspire, I would love one for the Charge 3.  Then I could buy a new tracker and quit using this old clunky Zip.  Although the Zip is doing the steps fine.

Odyssey13
Community Legend

@neccis  the new Inspire style has an optional clip, so you can wear it both ways. Check it out.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @neccis! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

PaytonK
First Steps

Many of the sports I play have strict rules regarding jewelry being worn while playing due to the safety concerns they present, the Fitbit is included as it is classified as a watch. I love having the full use of my Fitbit and all of its features throughout the day, night, and any other activities I am doing. However I would love to be able to continue tracking even just steps when participating in organized sports, such as soccer. If there was an added accessory available to be purchased that was for example a soft malleable material with no clasp or face that could be paired with device/watch that simply tracked steps when required to remove your regular all day Fitbit I would be very interested in purchasing. 

Thank you 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @PaytonK! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

saveroflives
Jogger

As a nurse we cant wear watches or anything round our wrists, that goes for everybody who works in a hospital, care setting, GP surgery, care home not to mention physios, dentists, ambulance staff, the list is endless. There are also people who work in factories, food industries and manual work who are unable to wear jewellery. Its high time Fitbit recognised this large body of workers who, by regulation must be "Bare below the elbows". It cant be that difficult to develop a fob type clip. My work trousers dont have belt loops so that's not an option. That or bring back the One with an added healthcare angle.

Sasha2806
First Steps

I am one of hundreds of thousands of nurses in the UK and worldwide who are having to turn to other fitness watch providers because as a nurse I need a clip for my Fitbit so when I am on shift I dont have to worry about it falling out of my pocket or getting lost in my bag because I can have it on me. There is only one option at the moment to have on a clip and the models that are very popular the charge 3 and the versa watches dont have this feature. As a fitbit user for over 5 years now previously having had the flex but things have changed and I really need to have a screen now and the poor flex has bitten the dust! I am very sad to see I need to go elsewhere because you dont cater for what a lot of people need. It isnt much to ask to have a fitness tracker that displays the time and can fit in some form of clip other than just a strap. 

I think you should capitalise on this not only doing that will it keep loyal customers for you but customers will want to come back because you cater for all needs. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sasha2806! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Snigdha
Base Runner

I love my FitBit One.  Luckily it is still working but I am sure it will die soon.  I love that it has a screen for me to look at, measures steps and floors.  The best thing about it is that I can wear it on my bra strap so no one has to know I am wearing a fitness tracker and more importantly I do not have to take it on and off to wash my hands or scrub in at work.  Really FitBit should have by now responded to the countless complaints from FitBit One users who want and need something that can be worn on their body and not just on the wrist.  Not to mention they are so bulky on my wrist that they look horrible.  It should not be hard to either create a clip that would allow people to wear their Fitbit where ever they want/need or bring back the ONE!!!!!

EssJay11
First Steps

I agree with the above comments. An accessory that would allow any of the models to be pinned to the chest would be ideal for healthcare professionals. I am a nursing student and my classmate just bought an accessory fob for her Apple watch. It's a simple "half strap" with a pin.

BarbaraaF
Recovery Runner

I see these comments go back to 2018. I have suggested this in the past but still hou font seem to want to help all the professionals who can't wear watches. If you don't fo something then im sure one of your competitors will, then you will loose a lot of loyal fitbit users as they will get what they want elsewhere.  Please please do something about this.  

CatSpi67
Recovery Runner

Another vote for the clip-on activity tracker for discreet wearing or when wrist-carriage is prohibited. The Fitbit One was perfect for those jobs where you cannot wear a watch on your wrist. Health care workers all over the world are prohibited from wearing anything below the elbow for hygiene reasons. Fitbit should make a nurse-style watch or one that has an inter-changeable clip-on holder where you can wear it on your uniform, view the time upside down, count seconds and it counts steps and stairs etc. while working. Then clip into the wrist-band after work. Even if you don't get your pulse whilst wearing it like this, you'd get the steps and stairs.

atomicalex
First Steps

I work in a lab and wristbands are just not appropriate. My One was a perfect option, but after five years, it died. Stepped up to the Charge 4, and well, the whole lack of a clip option is so disappointing. 

Right now, I tuck it in my bra. This causes the stairs count to go haywire, but otherwise works. I have no way to wear it at night, though, and the stupid green LED is about to get a piece of black vinyl over it.

Sometimes I wonder if any women work at Fitbit, because a bra or necklace option should have been available from day one. 

BarbaraaF
Recovery Runner

Your welcome I have been nursing for many years and hate the fact that they stopped doing the firbit one because that was perfect for work. I also have a fitbit 3 which is just fine, so when I found this solution I thought it best to share with all heath care professionals.  

IiIIi
Stepping Up

Yes - I think this all the time! The straps are already removable/changable, why not create an accessory to slide the fitbit 'face' into and clip onto pockets or underwear? I would gladly accept the temporary loss of some features (such as heartrate) to get an estimate of my movement at times when a wristwatch is not appropriate. 

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Sense 2, Versa 4, Charge 5 and Inspire 3 as you can acquire a clip holder to fasten it to your clothing. To learn more about these devices and their available accessories, visit our website here.

@KPellingNHS, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.