Compatibility with Google Home

It would be nice if the app had some compatibily with google home systems 

95 Comments
Studnicky
First Steps

Thanks for the heads up, Harry. I didn't know Garmin had that integration. While routines aren't quite the same as full Google Assistant support with a microphone, it's definitely a step in the direction I want. You might have just sold me. Thanks haha, this is the last place I expected to get a recommendation.

Simoon
Jogger

Why does everyone want an automated voice to tell them how many steps they have done?

Just look at your watch??

The Google Home app compatibility needs to be on the watch so that you can control things like music, volume, start, stop.

321bookish
First Steps
I want it to log my water intake and other things like that. I don't carry my phone with me around the house and if I don't do it right away I tend to forget. It would be great to log water as I go instead of later trying to remember... Wait, was that 8 or 9 glasses?  It would just be an added convenience. 
Studnicky
First Steps

100% agree with @Simoon - an integration is for full control.  I want to get a reminder that I haven't logged my workout for the day, I want to be able to tell my television to search a yoga routine, I want to be able to tell my door to lock itself as I leave to go running.  That requires a true google assistant integration, not a half-baked workaround.

purduemark
Recovery Runner

Its crazy that Fitbit is so great but then partners with less viable apps....like Pandora instead of Spotify, and now Alexia instead of Google Home.  It would make sense to fix this to keep the product as useful as possible.

Millarrp
First Steps

I would like to see this integration as well. The option to add the scales to google home would be an interesting option as well...

Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

cellington2496
First Steps

I would like to see a way to use google home with fitbit the way alexa works.

Zeratai
First Steps

With the new Versa 2 being only compatible with Alexa, it would be nice to have any future devices also compatible with Google Home setups in the same way. Please reconsider! 🙂

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Zeratai, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of  having an integration with Google Home systems, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

wewakesing
First Steps

Create an App to control Google Home.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @wewakesing, thanks for your request about creating an app to control Google Home.

This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Linoalot
First Steps

This would be a very helpful and useful feature for me and others I have spoken to with the same suggestion.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Linoalot, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

leewoods651
Recovery Runner

As a heavy Google Assistant user on my phone and multiple Google Home products. I would like to have The Google Assistant accessible on my Fitbit Charge and Fitbit Versa devices. The Google Assistant should be always listening like it is on the other products and not require the user to press a button for interaction. Fitbit is the best for fitness tracking now let's add the best ambient virtual assistant ( Google Assistant). 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @leewoods651, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit Versa. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. You can also check this other suggestion. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

FJVarro
First Steps

I'm looking at upgrading to the Versa 2 from my Charge 2, and while it's nice that it has Alexa, I have Google Home in my house for lighting and speakers, and it would be great if this could integrate so I could control my spotify playlist that's playing on my Sonos One from my watch. I'm HOPING this is somewhat in the works with the Google purchase of Fitbit, but I'm hoping that instead of just waiting on the Versa 3 it is updated with firmware or an App to include Home.

Thanks!

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FJVarro, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding integration with Google Home. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Cody_from_Iowa
Stepping Up
I'd like to be able to trigger Google Home routines using Assistant on my Fitbit Sense. At this time, the message given is, "Routines aren't currently supported on this device."
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cody_from_Iowa, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with Google Home. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.