Configure notifications in the app

Currently you can only configure notifications in the web app. Since I use the mobile app 99.9% of the time I would like to be able to configure notifications from the app. 

Thanks. 

11 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry I don't understand, notifications come through the mobile app and are only configurable the ought the mobile app.. Which notifications are you referring too? 

Ggavish
First Steps

The ones you configure in the web app in the user's profile. Here: https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/notifications

You can determine very granularly which types of push notifications you will get to your mobile phone.

This level of configuration is not available in the mobile app. It should.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

These are general notifications that come from the Fitbit server, either through email or text. They usually only get setup oncre, and is why I forgot about them.

They are not the notifications that get pushed to the tracker.. 

Ggavish
First Steps

They get pushed to the phone! So I should be able to control the configuration from the phone. 

Also, all push notifications come from the server. Push notifications do not come from the tracker nor from the phone.

I didn’t even know they existed until I was looking through the Help articles for something. 

I NEVER use the web app. I only use the mobile app. I set up my account and everything on mobile. So it makes sense to be able to control messages that reach my phone through my phone. 

I don’t understand why I need to keep justifying this request?!

have you ever used another app where you control push notification settings from somewhere other than the mobile app?!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Are you refering to the notifications that come from the Fitbit server? These are not pushed to your phone but sent through email or text. 

Ggavish
First Steps

Please read the other comments. Push notifications by definition are pushed to phone, especially when they are configured to be sent to mobile. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry your OP does not specify what type of notifications being recovered to. 

The ones that get pushed to the tracker or the ones that get sent by text or email to the phone. 

Fitbit does not push any notifications to the phone

Ggavish
First Steps
You’re kidding, right?
All the notifications that are configured in the link I provided can be configured as push notifications to the phone. For example, low battery notification. You can get it as an email and/or as a push. Same with a dozen or so other types of notifications.
ALL of those can also be pushed to the phone.
So AGAIN, if I can get notified about **ahem** related to my Fitbit on my phone, I want to be able to configure it on my phone.
WHY is to so hard to grasp?!?!?!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

An email is not pushed to the phone, it is sent from an email server to an email server. It would be your email server that pushes it to the phone. You could just as easily read the same email on a pc.

As for messaging it is the same thing Fitbit sends message to your provider then the cell phone company sends it on to the phone. 

And yes I do all that configuring through my phone 

Ggavish
First Steps
You. Clearly you do not understand what a push notification is. Please first learn what a push is then try again.
The provider sends text messages. The Fitbit app sends push notifications that show in the phone’s Notifications Center.
Again I’ll try to explain. When you configure the low battery notification option, for example, you can get an email. BUT you can also get a push. When you are notified that the band battery is low, you get a PUSH NOTIFICATION TO YOUR PHONE!! When I get something in my phone I want to be able to configure it in the app. Why is it so **ahem**ing hard to understand?!?!?!?!?!
Status changed to: Not currently planned
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ggavish,  thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.