Connect Fitbit Pay with Paypal

I checked the fitbit pay bank list and it just seems strange that you have your own (very limited) list of banks you directly connect credit cards with, while there are already payment platforms out there that

1. have way more (if not ALL) banks connected

2. are already in use by the people that are entering your system (I already HAVE paypal, google pay, I do NOT want to mess around connecting my bank details to ANOTHER platform) 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

97 Comments
Mfig303
First Steps

Moved over to the Apple Watch. Not one of my cards worked with the Fibit pay option. Love their app but they need to catch up. For the same price you get a lot more features with Apple. Sorry Fitbit.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

hkahoe86
Jogger

I highly agree with this post. There are many pay option available that work with pretty much any bank imaginable. Why wasn't at least one of the most common apps made available? The reason I bought the premium versa is because I wanted the pay option. Now my excitement over receiving it isn't nearly what it originally was upon opening the box. I wish I would have done more research and realized none of my many already existing accounts are compatible. 

Jedapearl
First Steps

I got the Special Edition just for the webpay option. I watched a bunch of reviews and no one mentioned the very limited list of supported banks. I wish one had, it would have saved me some money. I hope that Fitbit finds a way to tie them into PayPal or adds A LOT more banks to their list. 😒

S1930
Recovery Runner

Ugh, another wireless payment product with limited support.  Come on Fitbit.  Just allow PayPal and google pay apps to function.  Don't try to reinvent the wheel.  I don't think this watch is for me.

JLox
First Steps

Your promotion is very deceiving as it gives the impression of the flexibility and ease of using Fitbit Versa SE to pay for items, omtting to say it only works with a limited smount of bank cards, most I haven’t even heard of 😞

I live in the UK so it would have been helpful to get at least the 4 major banks signed up before promoting the SE version. 

Thankfully i did some research before buying. I will not buy just in case the only way you up date this feature is to sell it on another product rather than upgrade the software capabilities of the SE. Sorry Fitbit. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Swigart1
First Steps

I would love having PayPal as option, too. Please add it soon

robkhoo
Recovery Runner

Totally agree. I live in Japan and the ultimate contradiction is that fitbit pay comes as standard (no choice like in US or U.K.) but there are a grand total of "0" banks on the list. I can only imagine it is in the FB roadmap to add banks, otherwise it really doesn't make sense. As the original poster suggested, just PayPal and google pay would be enough for 95% of people, so come on Fitbit, play the percentages and roll this out asap or risk losing some major business.

Guerilla223
First Steps

When, when, when ???? How is it that you can't add Google Pay or PayPal? It's an app? I'm sure someone that works at corporate can figure out how to create one.  

Do you prefer that your customers look at Samsung Gear, Google Wear, or Apple watch???? I may have paid 200 for the watch and I'm sure it can be sold for minimal loss. Please fix this. How does your board of directors not know now that this is costing them money.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is an excellent suggestion! Especially for us in the the UK that have NO major banks or credit cards supported by fitbit pay.

sremick
Recovery Runner

This might help allow users to use credit cards from those huge major banks that FitBit inexplicably refuses to support even after more than a year of people asking for it. You know, "little" banks like... Citi, Discover, etc...

Mrs.Jackson
Jogger

This would be awesome.  (I don't like paypal, but branching out needs to begin somewhere) I spent the extra $$$$ for the SE Charge 3 only to be really bummed that I couldn't use it with my bank. It was one of the features I was most excited about. 

sremick
Recovery Runner

It'd be a simple, do once move that would instantly bridge the gap and allow FitBit to immediately support all those other major credit cards and banks that they refuse to support. It would solve this and many other problems and make many thousands of their users happy.

Which means Fitbit will never do it.

ElifG.
Jogger

I wish they would just add PayPal and not worry about other banks since most of the people who shop online already have a PayPal account. Making it a paying option would make it so much easier for most people and it would cover a wider range of customers than a bank.

Swigart1
First Steps

Hope they will answer soon. Can't wait to get updates. With an app for kitesurfing and PayPal this watch would be perfect for me. 

Nikoak13
Jogger

Please add PayPal as an option if FitBit is going to stick with FitBit pay. Or add USAA as a bank. Thanks

New2019user
First Steps

So disappointed. I thought I did my research on this item and now I see the limited pay options.

Boon is not very straight forward either.. Hard to find free for 3months then I must pay a fee to a third party app just to use the versa. 

Might consider taking it back at this rate and going with apple.

Kpmayo
First Steps

PLEASE add PayPal. This is the most convenient and widely used. Oh, please add this.

Xebra
Recovery Runner

please add 😄

bacsom
First Steps

+1 for PayPal support

MinnesotanJeff
Recovery Runner

I very strongly agree with these sentiments. For me, personally, I'd be happy with simply linking Google Pay with it, although Paypal would be equally convenient and easy. I'm just guessing there may be more hoops to jump through - for FitBit - to get Paypal to allow linking them. But Google Pay allows me to link my PayPal to it, so that's the easiest option for me and many others.

Please implement this! My only bank is E-Trade, and I do not suspect they'll EVER be added to the approved list of banks even though it's a fully functional checking/brokerage account that is already linked to PayPal and google pay.

Thanks!

LisaNetLust
Recovery Runner

Yes, please add Paypal as a payment option

YuzrName
First Steps

Great suggestion! Moreover, since Google Pay already allows users to connect their Paypal accounts (https://pay.google.com/about/paypal/), this suggestion is not unprecedented. Including this capability would effectively allow Fitbit to bypass the need to partner with individual financial service providers around the world and would vastly increase the usefulness of Fitbit Pay.

Andrew-MK
First Steps

I have to agree with comments about the lack of any viable payment options for the vast majority of UK customers. The UK 'banks' listed must be incredibly small players in the UK bancking industry as I haven't heard of any of them. If you're not going to partner any of the 'big four' UK banks please at least connect with PayPal as a payment option with the Fitbit Versa.

My wife bought me the SE Versa as it offers payments, but is really disappointed that this is just not feasible in the UK and feels she's been misled.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.