Connect Fitbit Pay with Paypal

I checked the fitbit pay bank list and it just seems strange that you have your own (very limited) list of banks you directly connect credit cards with, while there are already payment platforms out there that

1. have way more (if not ALL) banks connected

2. are already in use by the people that are entering your system (I already HAVE paypal, google pay, I do NOT want to mess around connecting my bank details to ANOTHER platform) 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

97 Comments
MK1623
Stepping Up

Please add PayPal as a payment option.  Then, many people can start to use the Fitbit Pay!  At the moment I can use none of my bank cards, which is pathetic.   

LisaNetLust
Recovery Runner

Just adding the PayPal app would solve this. Please add this option asap.

Thanks

MK1623
Stepping Up

Lisa, thank you!  I have installed the PayPal app but not sure how to enable to Fitbit pay with PayPal.  Could you let me know how to do it?  

Swigart1
First Steps

@MK1623 we are all waiting for fitbit to make it happen. it is not working yet. 

LisaNetLust
Recovery Runner

MK1623,

I meant if Fitbit bypassed Fitbit pay and just allowed the Paypal app on Versa.

MK1623
Stepping Up

@LisaNetLust @Swigart1 I am sorry that I misunderstood it!  I was probably half sleeping when I wrote my last post.   

Yes, if Fitbit implements PayPal, that would be enough for many people to start to use the Fitbit Pay feature.  At the moment, I am feeling that I wasted money.  

bumbleklutz
Runner

Paypal as an option would solve many problems users face with Fitbit Pay; and would be a big selling point for Fitbit's higher end trackers/watches.

beau0078
First Steps

PLEASE add PayPal!!

MinnesotanJeff
Recovery Runner
For those who don't want to wait any longer, we have an option!

If you're able, ask PayPal for their MasterCard that is linked to your
PayPal acct. NOT a PayPal credit card - they will send you a MasterCard
debit card for free! I got mine, and it works just like any other debit
card at stores, etc. You can then add that card into your Fitbit wallet and
BAM! you're all set!

In bought my first item using my wrist today at my local grocery store.
Worked like a charm! So I'm all set now, no more waiting for Fitbit to
solve the problem. 👍👍

Good luck everyone!
Guerilla223
First Steps
Does this link to your bank account? I don't need a minimum balance?
MinnesotanJeff
Recovery Runner
It only links to your PayPal acct. For me, my back acct is linked to my
PayPal, so this is a workaround for me to get my bank connected to my
Fitbit. I use E-Trade and Fitbit does not support them.

Hope that clears things up!
MK1623
Stepping Up

Could you explain it again for me?  

PayPal is not listed as Fitbit pay, and also my bank is not listed.  Even so, if I get a free Master card from PayPal and if I ask PayPal to link the MasterCard to my PayPal account which links to my bank account, will it work with the Fitbit Pay?   

MinnesotanJeff
Recovery Runner
Basically, yes. By getting the card from PayPal, it will already be linked
to your PayPal acct, no need to request then to link it. The card's only
purpose is to let you spend the money on your PayPal acct anywhere that
accepts credit/debit cards. 👍

Then you just enter that card info into your Fitbit wallet, and it will
recognize it as a MasterCard and, most importantly, it WILL approve it with
their list of banks! That's all you have to do. Then you're all set to pay
with your Fitbit!

Good luck everyone!
bacsom
First Steps

Maybe it only works in the US, because I can't find any information about this card in my PayPal account. 😞

MinnesotanJeff
Recovery Runner
I suppose it's entirely possible that Fitbit only offers the debit card if
you already have a bank account linked to your PayPal, or that they only
offer it in the US. That's too bad.
Simstace
First Steps

I too am disappointed I can't link my bank (ING) to fitbit pay, surely you can at least have Paypal as an option. It is a great worldwide option.

tforness
Jogger

This looks like a good workaround. Has anyone else tried it?

I am gonna apply for the MasterCard today. Weird how it is not listed on fitbit pay banks list. Makes you wonder if other MasterCards  could be added as well.

Meeshmeesh1
Jogger
There aren't many Canadian banks connected. Specifically please add BMO, Scotiabank, CIBC, etc. (Or alternatively, you can allow PayPal ) so that I can actually use the feature I spent extra money for. (currently it's just a MasterCard from RBC, which is not enough).
MillerTime8
First Steps

I agree with this post.  Adding some more mainstream Canadian banks would be great! Specifically BMO and TD as those are 2 primary banks here.  The sooner the better 🙂

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Meeshmeesh1, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:
Add BMO to Fitbit Pay

Fitbit Pay - Bank of Novia Scotia (Scotiabank)

Connect fitbit pay with paypal 

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Mestedup
First Steps

So this topic has been going on since early 2018... (almost 2 and a half years)

Has there been any real progress made?

Or just adding a vote to see how many people like the idea of maybe putting these features on a really great product.

Making it an even better product...

AXIS_N
First Steps
Hi, i'm from Canada and not much feature are avaible for us. I bought the Ionic one year ago only because it was easy to use without my phone and for its built-in GPS. I would like to propose the ability to add Paypal to the list of bank accepting FitbitPay.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AXIS_N, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding PayPal to Fitbit Pay, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

vasho
First Steps

I live in Georgia. This country is not on the list at all. Also there are not many countries and banks in your system. So please allow Google Pay so that everyone can use the payment system. From anywhere in the world.

galfieri
First Steps

2.5 years later and this is still "in consideration"? Now more than ever we need contactless payment readily available. Come on, Fitbit!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.