Connect Oticon Opn hearing aid with Fitbit Smartwatches

Please consider making it possible for Bluetooth compatible hearing aids (such as Oticon OPN) be able to pair with Fitbit versa. I want to be able to run and hear my music with the versa, through my hearing aids. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

21 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

gandercrash
First Steps

Yes im not much at putting my thoughts out there but I will try I am a military 101st airborne veteran my hearing is shot like 90 percent of all veterans I have Bluetooth hearing aids which I need to hear anything I think you will lose a lot of people the more this technology is out there I was about to by a versa I am glad I asked the chat spec now im forced to buy an apple watch just my thoughts please email me if and when this comes avail thanks again for everyones time

Twaski
First Steps

Unfortunate this is not a option for Fitbit with many hearing aids moving to Bluetooth. I really hope this is upgraded in the future for those that depend on hearing assisted devises.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Slow blue tooth pairing with resound hearing aides with Android systems.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Slow blue tooth pairing with resound hearing aides with Android systems.

I meant *allow*.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

deaftrucker
Jogger

Being deaf or hearing impaired it would be nice to have a relay service app like Sprint Realy App for those who could use it 
I have it on my cell phone & pc and it's nice 
So I thought I'd toss this one in the hat to see what happens 
Oh also need the smartwatches to be compatible with more phones 
I have the ZTE N818S which isn't listed yet 
It will bluetooth with all my blue tooth devices, but I'm not sure it will with the Versa I'm ordering ?
Also need the watches to be compatible with different hearing aids 
I have seen some reviews where people with hearing aids are having trouble ? 
My aids with hook up with all my blue tooth devices I have even my pc so be nice if that could be something for hearing impaired people as well   

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I want to point out that most Bluetooth connected hearing aids should connect to your Versa or Ionic, however due to Bluetooth limitations if the hearing aid is currently connected to the phone it will not be able to connect to the Fitbit tracker.

Try turning the phones Bluetooth off before trying to connect the hearing aid to the tracker.

KCarroll840
First Steps

Yes please to allowing Fitbit Versa to be paired to hearing aids. I have my Oticon aids paired to my iPhone and it is frustrating that I can't use it with my versa (new birthday present so didn't research beforehand).

KCarroll840
First Steps

If you have to unpair first with your iPhone this would be very frustrating.......

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Not necessary @KCarroll840, you simply have to disconnect the hearing aid from the phone.

This can be done by turning the phones Bluetooth off. Now the hearing aid can be connected to Fitbit and the phones Bluetooth may be turned back on. However your heading aid will not be able to connect to the phone at this time.

Don't blame Fitbit about this, this is the way Bluetooth works.

Most Bluetooth devices like speakers, keyboards, trackers, etc only allow for one connection, there are a few like the Fitbit flyer that has two Bluetooth channels but they are for and few between.

KCarroll840
First Steps
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Scalliwag
Recovery Runner

@ Rich_Laue. My last correspondence with Fitbit says that NO hearing aids will connect to Fitbit no matter what you do.

Time for Fitbit to get A into G.

BayAreaGuy
First Steps

I wear the Oticon OPN's for day-to-day hearing.  I've tried the Bluetooth pairing suggestion shown in a comment above and it doesn't seem to work.  Because of that, if I'm running on the treadmill at the gym, I take the hearing aids just use regular wireless headphones (Skull Candy) and I'm able to hear all right.  To be honest, because I perspire pretty heavily when I'm running, I'm not sure I would want to keep the aids in and risk them being damaged.  However, if I'm walking our little mutt, I would not mind at all being able to listen to music.

Rajabgirl
Jogger

Has there been any progress on the paiding Oticon hearing aids to the Versa? It's frustrating that the Apple watch has this capability and Fitbit does not. I have worn a fitbit device the last 4 years, but may have to consider switching to an Apple Watch, which I do not want to do. 

Jhaver
First Steps

Please consider adding hearing aids support for your trackers and watches. 

Jhaver
First Steps

Please consider adding hearing aid support for your trackers and watches. 

nquayle
First Steps

I have Bluetooth compatible Phonak hearing aids that are less then 5 months old that I can not get my Versa 2 to connect to. In the Bluetooth settings on my Versa it shows that they are paired but when I open Spotify it asks if I want to connect to one of my 3 Alexa's in my house. Doesn't even show my hearing aids. I got the Versa so I would be able to leave my phone at home when to go out for a walk or run. Please help me figure out what is going on. Otherwise this smartwatch is useless to me 😞

Kobe2022
First Steps

Agree

We need to be able to use our fitbit to the fullest

This is quite a gap in technology.  

Cclaire1674
Recovery Runner

Yes please make it possible to pair your Fitbit devices to hearing aids . It’s very frustrating not being able to use the watch to answer calls when I have my hearing aids in as it then loses the Bluetooth connection . So I then have to run and get to my phone to answer it . 
I notice people have been asking for this to be done since around 2018 . Surely you must have enough people asking now to go ahead and develop it. 
sad customer 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to connect Oticon Opn hearing aid with Fitbit Smartwatches with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.