Control Amazon music with voice command

Maybe in the future since the Versa 2 has Alexa built in we can start controlling Amazon music. Alot of people pay for the HD service on Amazon music and it would be really nice to use Alexa to control it. Alexa is part of Amazon so why not have the App available?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and label

47 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mossman0329, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having the option to use Amazon music with Versa 2! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Mandy55
First Steps

I agree alexa is part of amazon and should be able to play amazon music. there is no reason to have to connect my watch to my phone to my headphones. its a wasted step. 

William09286071
First Steps

I think an Amazon Music app for the Versa 2 would be great.

Pinkcadillac
Jogger

I have Amazon for my music. Since the Versa now has Alexa, why not have the ability to stream Amazon music? I won't upgrade my HR till Amazon music is available or I'll get a Samsung Smart watch.

Cylanthia
First Steps

I would love that change as well. I have asked Alexa to play Amazon Music and it is not supported. 

Vashti42
First Steps

I am regretting my decision to buy the Versa 2. When I saw that it was Alex enabled I (wrongly) assumed that meant access to Amazon Music like ALL of my other Alexa devices.  The fact that Fitbit isn't even considering including this and thinking that people will pay for additional music services is absurd.  I'll just keep bringing my phone around with me in the gym.

ChuckW2020
First Steps

Yeah, I just received a Versa2 for a gift. No Amazon music means I will be returning it. I am not paying for the sub par spotify or pandora.

Grandpar
First Steps

Love my verse 2 but now that it's got Alexa control would really love to be able to have my Amazon music as a prime member on my Fitbit
and not have to pay more for deezer or spotify of which I don't use
(Maybe in a future update) please

bennysilber
First Steps

Downloading from my computer is an annoyance. It would be much more convenient if Amazon music was available especially since Alexa is already available

Shell2020
First Steps

My husband upgraded my charge 2 HR for a Versa 2 for Christmas. Love the new watch, but was disappointed to discover that although the watch is essentially amazon based with Alexa built in, it does not have Amazon music only a Spotify app.  I am sure that I am not the first person asking (and I won't be the last), please Fitbit add Amazon prime music app to the Versa 2. People should not have to join another music platform like Spotify and occur fees if they want something more than the free functionality, especially if they are already paying for Amazon music.

buttercup34
First Steps

I would also love to be able to access Amazon Music.  I don't understand why this is not an option with Alexa being available on the Versa 2.  Seems like you are missing out on an opportunity to make a lot of users happy. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Shell2020. This is a great suggestion and thanks for explaining why you'd like to have Amazon music be integrated with your Versa 2! This feature already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. That way we can keep this board organized and clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Don’t forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support!

Vashti42
First Steps

@lizziefit Why are you claiming that Amazon Music integration already exists???? There is no app in the list for it, it is not on our watches.  All these people are complaining because it doesn't exist,  unless there is some  release we do not have avaliable to us yet.???

Shell2020
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit thanks for responding to my post, but there must be some confusion. Like the previous poster mentioned in this thead, an App for Amazon music does NOT exist (at least not in Canada) and does not come up at all when you view the apps that work with the Versa 2. I would like this post to please be moved back to the suggestion section since this is not a dead or archived topic. Thank you

buttercup34
First Steps

@LizzyFitbit  if you are stating that Amazon Music can be accessed from the Versa 2, please provide instructions as I have not been able to figure it out.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Vashti42@Shell2020 and @buttercup34. Thanks for getting back. About your question, the information from my previous post was to explain that your suggestion was already requested by another user. This is why some of your comments were merged into a single request as that helps us to eliminate duplicate feature suggestions and our team can also clearly understand which idea others are voting for to keep a track of it. Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums and watch this space for updates.

Pinkcadillac
Jogger

It's a shame that the ability to stream Amazon music is left out even though Alexa is included in the Versa 2. When my Alta HR dies, I guess I will replace it with a Samsung watch.

SoFierce7037
First Steps

yes, I totally agree - I actually stopped using the music providers that FitBit does provide - their service is not great and they charge more than the Amazon music that I subscribe to and I have more options for music than you have listed. (I listen to a lot of Soca and both Spotify and Pandora are limited on new music from the genre.) I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY that if Alexa can be used on the watch (which I'd use music before Alexa for ANYTHING) I should be able to control my Amazon Music or at least use her to control it.

Do better fitbit, I needs my Soca music and I need to let my 70 yr old dad know that I'm using his gift often! (He was pretty disappointed when I told him about the music thing!)

imatred
First Steps

I agree with all of the above posts. Alexa and no Amazon music seems absurd. Please address this issue. Much appreciated.

sansambme
Jogger

I also agree with all the above post. No Alexa and no Amazon music is absolutely ridiculous! We are now in 2020, not 2010. The faster this is added for the Ionic, Versa Lite, Versa 2, and Versa, the better. 

Jaine52
First Steps

Alex is part of amazon and therefore the versa 2 should be able to play amazon music. I don't think it's fair to expect people to pay for music apps when they already pay for one through Alexa any way

HH_29
First Steps

Definitely need Amazon music on Versa 2! There's a whole feature of the watch I essentially cannot use due to this. Amazon music would be fab! 

LadyTarzan
First Steps

I'm very disappointed that I can't use my Amazon Music App with the Versa2. I'm a Fitness Instructor and was looking forward to using my Fitbit to bluetooth and play my class music. I don't use or have an account with Spotify or Pandora. Very Very frustrated and disappointed. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LadyTarzan! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Your Versa 2 will need to stream the music from the Internet through the users phone, since the Versa 2 doesn't have direct Internet connection. 

I'm a little confused.. The original request is for the ability to control Amazon music from the watch. I am able to control music on my echo from the phone, but not my watch. Alexa says I can not do this. 

Now it seems people want to stream music from Alexa to the watch to the headphones. To me this seems like an unrelated second suggestion. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.