Control music for other apps on Charge 3 and Charge 4

I'm guessing I mis-read the features for the Charge 3, but I thought music control was among the upgrades from the Charge 2.  Is this something that is or will be added as an App or feature in the NEAR future?  I was holding off on the purchase strictly for music control feature.  

I actually purchased a $30 non-brand name fitness tracker while waiting for the release of the Charge 3 and even that had the music control feature.  It makes changing songs while running so much easier! Please tell me I'm wrong and there is a way of controlling music from the tracker!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

131 Comments
D0nk_m3m3s
Jogger

@Jennifer0415 wrote:

I'm guessing I mis-read the features for the Charge 3, but I thought music control was among the upgrades from the Charge 2.  Is this something that is or will be added as an App or feature in the NEAR future?  I was holding off on the purchase strictly for music control feature.  

I actually purchased a $30 non-brand name fitness tracker while waiting for the release of the Charge 3 and even that had the music control feature.  It makes changing songs while running so much easier! Please tell me I'm wrong and there is a way of controlling music from the tracker!

The Charge 3 can't actually store music, this would just be a controller for music playing on a smartphone

privcomm
First Steps

I am also waiting this feature before upgrading my fitbit. 

Zanderules
First Steps

Hey, I’ve had my charge 3 for just over a month now and I’m so glad that I upgraded it from the charge 2, but I want the music ability so that when I run I don’t have to carry my phone all the time. So pls pls pls add this feature 

F6aaim
First Steps

Please add music control ( no neet save them ) we jaut need at least control it when our phones are a way

pasoliman
First Steps

On the Charge 3 - Outside of clunky "notifications" based controls - there is no way to properly/easily control music playing on a paired device. Transport controls (play/pause, next/back controls) on the touchscreen - as well as the ability to change volume by sliding a finger up on the screen, and dim volume by sliding a finger down on the screen would be greatly appreciated (especially as truly wireless earbuds often have terrible transport controls built into the minimal real-estate that the earbuds have left). There would also ideally be a way to launch the default music player on a paired phone by hitting a button (maybe play?) similar to transport controls on laptop/desktop keyboards that would pick up from the last song played (as it already does on most devices).

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @pasoliman, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

pasoliman
First Steps

Thanks @MarcelBK! I appreciate your speedy response! 

TechAutoBlog
Base Runner

Hi it would be nice if the Charge 3 had music controls for your smartphone either in an app on the charge or under quick settings like the Versa/ionic. I am not asking for on board music storage.

TechAutoBlog
Base Runner

Hi it would be nice if the Charge 3 had music controls for your smartphone either in an app on the charge or under quick settings like the Versa/ionic. I am not asking for on board music storage.

Kotoni
Stepping Up

Spotify control is the only thing the charge 3 is missing! 

Mac.arg
First Steps

+1! Would love have music in my charge3

Zanderules
First Steps

Hi

I wondering on the time frame and how far away the possibility of this feature is, because I don’t really want to have to upgrade my Fitbit again to just get this feature. There is a big community behind this feature so it would be greatly appreciated if we could have an idea whether or not this feature will become available for us. Thanks 😁

haileyrustan
First Steps

I want to be able to control the music on my phone with my fitbit, much like other fitbits are able to .

Stecie
First Steps

The fitbit charge 3 really needs music control. Its the only thing missing to make it perfect! 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @haileyrustan! Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Please do not forget to give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button.

19leus97
Recovery Runner

I am really waiting for this!!! Please make an update!! 

Mayberts
First Steps

You can control Spotify if you enable it as a notification.

Mayberts
First Steps

Trying to attach a picture now

pasoliman
First Steps

The notification controls are awful... --

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Mayberts
First Steps
tkpsychpom
First Steps

I agree 100%. I had previously had a Blaze and, while I am liking the ease of use and longer battery life on the Charge 3, as a fitness instructor I really need the ability to change songs and/or volume like I did on the Blaze. Please update this soon!

NTrout
First Steps

I would love to control the Spotify Play/Stop/Skip function on my phone with my Charge 3. It would be nice to be fully hands free while I run, exercise and work out. Is there any way this can happen with the new update? My old cheap/simple Garmin watch could do it.... 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NTrout, thanks for sharing your idea with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

PaulG66
Base Runner

It seems like an excellent suggestion to add music control to the Charge 3. I must admit I did just assume it already had it before I purchased. The addition of music control would make this perfect, please add it! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just bought the charge 3 but am sending it back due to no music control this is a featured that is much needed I guess ill stick with my fitbit blaze until this feature is added

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.