Control music playing on phone with Inspire HR

Would like to be able to pause music and seek from my inspire HR watch. Is this possible, if not, please add it!

Moderator edit: title & label

11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion @TTU2 , thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SvanteJ
First Steps

Would be a great addition! Also volume control.

Saumyavilasroy
First Steps

It's a wonderful idea, can't wait till Fitbit makes this a reality

Araiser
First Steps

Actually I was thinking that's a default thing - I was able to control music with other wristbands years ago. Please do something about that.

Mayaadlc
First Steps

Are there any upcoming plans for this in the works or no? This is an amazing idea. 

AdelfaJ
First Steps

I second this. I almost jumped ship to other device today because of this lacking feature in Inspire HR. I thought it was a given/default feature for a fitness device since while doing activities, we almost always have music on.

AhUmAnBeInG
Jogger

I own a Fitbit inspire, and I see lots of other models with the music app, but what about us? All I’m asking is playback control (skip, play, audio device etc). I’m not mad, I’m just mad that you have singled us out because we have less advanced models. Yes we don’t have Alexa. Yes we don’t have wallpaper. But it’s bad enough that you won’t even give us updates for inspire. 

Conclusion- Could you add a music playback control app please?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AhUmAnBeInG. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about adding music control to more running workouts with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

samuel615
First Steps
Ability to skip tracks and pause music from the Fitbit inspire HR
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @samuel615, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having music control on Fitbit Inspire HR, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.