Cool down stretches in Premium

Would be great if we had cool down stretches as part of the exercise programs already in the Blaze. Cool down stretching is very important and I noticed that no-one ever remembers to carry out these stretches after a good workout.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and label

28 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zedster! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Banana1126
Jogger

Yes! I’d love to see stretching sequences in the bodyweight workouts in Fitbit coach. 

Clokay1
Stepping Up

I would love to have a stretching section on fitbit charge 2.  I stretch after every workout and love to be able to log it.

Clokay1
Stepping Up

I did a weight lifting session for a hr today and for some reason it did not log my workout.  I was moving quickly from machine to machine too so my heart rate was up.  Can i add the workout to my weekly workouts?

Sammmiey
First Steps

Cool downs are absolutely necessary, would love to see this integrated into Fitbit

Vanika33
Recovery Runner

I would love to see the 5 min (optional) stretch at the end of any workout session that is more than 10 min.

I feel like my muscles are screaming for it

andrey_k
First Steps

Great idea!

Crayolakitty
Recovery Runner

Shocked this wasn't MVP because of how important stretching is. I think we need some stretches after the program workouts 😄

Davekid101
First Steps

Would love the warm up and additional cool down be optional but integrated into every activity plan selected, while session guided from start to finish for us 🙂

Keithmce
First Steps

Agree with this.  Just came on to make the same suggestion. Pretty new to all this and suffer with tight calves and knees.  Think the workouts should all finish with stretch session. It’s best practice after all and we may as well be doing them right with the same quality instruction we get on the exercises.

dyma97
First Steps

I'd love to see this as a separate Coaching session in addition to cool down option.  I sit in a chair all day and would use a 5-10 minute stretch coaching session when I get my "reminder to move" each hour.

laurayoung1212
First Steps

I’d also love to see a separate coaching session on stretching. A warmup/cooldown would be nice, but 5 minutes isn’t enough. Raise your hand if your hips are screaming. 

Keithmce
First Steps
Here too!!!

Yours Sincerely

Keith McElrea
Operations Director
Inphaserve
First Floor
69 St John Street
Whithorn
Dumfries & Galloway
DG8 8PD

DD: 01224 925 048
E: keith@inphaserve.co.uk

[cid:image001.png@01D3C80A.E98322F0] [http://www.colourbox.com/preview/2585801-730218-green-and-blue-mistic-background.jpg]
Jayelo
Pace Setter

I think a warm up/warm down session would be an awesome addition for the versa.

Samantha_J
Jogger

Agreed! Stretching session is really needed. I think 10 mins would be ideal, with levels - basic stretches up to more complex yoga poses 

SCULLYBLUEYES
First Steps

I 100% agree with the idea. I am a nightmare for forgetting to stretch after exercise and a reminder plus some tips at the end of a workout would be great 

StrattonM
First Steps

I was actually just looking for someone stretches to add to my workout regiments, this would be a great idea and move forward! 

AlleyA
First Steps

This is a great idea! I would also love to see seperate stretching workouts aimed to improve flexibility.

Amhegedus
First Steps
I would also love a cool down/stretching option for Fitbit Coach... several warm-up options but no cool down option. Thanks!
Rarebird
First Steps

I like the two warmup options on fitbit coach but I'd love to have a cool down session or two available!

velveteer
Jogger

I would really appreciate to have cool down stretches, too! Also something like this from your blog: https://blog.fitbit.com/daily-stretching-sequence/

Otaylor7
First Steps

I don't currently pay for Fitbit coach but would definitely consider it if it had some stretching workouts.

Stuff like:

10min - Full body Stretching

5min - After Running Stretch

5min - Upper Body Stretch

10min - Daily Morning Stretch

Should be very easy to make.

I own the Fitbit Versa

Thanks

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Otaylor7, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Stretching
Jogger

The Aaptiv app has guided stretching and weight based strength exercises.  It would be nice to have them in Fitbit Coach as I prefer that app to Aaptiv. Are there any plans to add them?

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stretching ! We wanted to let you know that one of your ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see it here where you can add your vote to that suggestion:

Let us share that Fitbit Coach is being deprecated but this suggestion still applies to Fitbit Premium so we've updated the label of this request. You can find more details about this here: About Fitbit Coach

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.