Copy food log from one day to another

Hi there, I would like to have the option to bring/take one day food plan and copy it into one different day(s). Loging food one by one those days I wanted to repeat my plan is time consuming and I would like to avoid it. of course keep the option to add food if by any chance I decide to cheat, just like now. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Moderator edit: Labels

118 Comments
Michael
5K Racer

Sometimes you eat almost exactly the same thing on another day, and it would be nice if you could just navigate to the prior day and select an option on the dashboard to "Copy a Meal Period" to duplicate it into the current day.

Moderator edit: clairty 
AimeeATC
Recovery Runner

I'd like to see this as well!

scottqmarcus
Jogger

I was using another app and it had a tab where it kept track of your meals. If you eat the same thing for a meal days (or even weeks) later, you could just scroll back to that date and say "log meal." It would copy it to the current date and you could edit it. Really saved a lot of time since most of us eat the same thing over and over again.

SplitRaindrop
Recovery Runner

MyFitnessPal has this function and syncs easily with Fitbit (once you link the accounts). I highly recommend it!

patrish
Jogger

Hi! I've been thinking of this too, and have developed a workaround. Not the most convenient, but better than nothing. Create a new "food" that includes the different items in the meal. It's a pain and requires some effort initially. 

ktehspynx
First Steps

My thoughts exactly!

LeIla
Keeping Pace

I have just today started using the Fitbit food log and at first I thought it was the best log I have ever used. I have used MyPlate, MyFitnessPal, and a couple of less known ones. Well, after entering all my food for a day I found that it’s impossible to then copy all that food at once to another day. A lot of people eat similar food every day and on MyPlate I would be able to check all the items in a specific day and just copy them to a next day. This is an extremely important feature to have when planning ahead. I understand that I can add it from favorites and all but I still have to go to each item and change the ‘how much’. This is extremely inconvenient when planning meals for longer periods. 

ES10
Recovery Runner

I used the "copy meal" feature a lot on Lose It and would love to have it in the Fitbit. We eat a lot of leftovers and it makes logging food a lot master.

Mel_S
Runner

Even adding from "My Favorites" is a royal pain because of having to enter the quanity. Every morning I eat a banana and the entry defaults to "100 bananas"... who eats 100 bananas in one sitting????

I am with you. There is so much room for improving the food log and making it the BEST logging system out there. I wish FitBit would realize the potential and focus on making these types of improvements instead of "enhancing" things that weren't broken in the first place (like the dash board graphics).

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Nice idea! Thanks for posting. In the meantime, you can always save a commonly eaten meal by following these steps.

Moin
Jogger

This is my 2nd day using Fibit HR. It was fun enting date for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and evening Snak etc for the first day and find out the fat, fiber and other contents, great.

Howe er, I take about similar food each day, except for when going out, so 90% of days i have same food.

How do is copy logged foods to next day. It is absurd to enter 15-20 items each day when majority of items are the same. 

Please help or suggest easy way to track calories burning review against logged food each day.

inposition
Jogger

I've been wanted this for a long time.  And just to be clear, I want to copy a whole day not just one meal. 

Please make this!!!

RoDo
Recovery Runner

I would like to see a copy function as well.  Sparkspeople added this functionality and it really helped meal setup and entry.  Would like to be able to copy a meal forward to the next day(s).

Lodo
First Steps

How about the ability to share a food you have manually entered with a friend or the entire Fitbit community?

sknowles
Jogger

I would like to be able to cut and paste from one food log to another.  My breakfasts, for instance, vary very little.  Even with the favourite foods section, it seems unnecessarily time consuming to select each entry individually when they've already been entered the day before.

Also, as I tend to do my entries during the swing shift, it's often "tomorrow" before I finish logging my day... and often I don't notice that my entries are now in the wrong day until I'm close to finished.  Doing it all again when I'm already tired just starts to feel like too much.  Computers are good at cut-and-paste, thus it seems a much needed feature here.  Please.

inposition
Jogger

FITBIT,

As a user, I would like to be able to copy all meal items from one day to another.  I eat almost the same thing everyday, and it would save me a lot of time everyday if I could just copy one day to the next and adjust from there.

The sooner the better! 

Please!!!

Sean

I know this has been asked for before, and in fancier ways; however, this is killing me!  Please at least make a simple 'copy yesterday's' or something!!  Then you can do the fancy stuff, like copy from a friend later.

I'm just wasting so much time right now entering each food over and over and over everyday.  Please!!  or I may need to find a different system.

Michael
5K Racer

@inposition You can use the meal functionality for now. You build a meal with as many items in it as you want, and then with three clicks you add all of those items to your daily food log. And then you can adjust as necessary. (It is what I do.)

inposition
Jogger

Thanks for pointing that out!  I had no idea that functionality existed.  I was able to find it under favorites though.

Valhakar
Jogger

YES please!

nicosnow
First Steps

Yes, we need the option to "save as a meal"!!!

paula10966
Jogger

It would be so useful to copy meals across, if I make a meal I often make enough to have it again the followig day. Just one simple 'copy meal' button would be ideal - making this function easy will prevent me from giving up on my meal logging as it takes so long already...i'm trying to stick at it as part of a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks

tuneplayer
Jogger

I second this emotion. Some foods are time-consuming to enter, but if I can find it in my history (in Android mobile app) .... long tap the past food log, select "Copy to today" and fill in today's date, then get a prompt for which meal, that would be great. Even if it just automatically copied it to the same meal on today's date that would be good. I could edit the meal if I ate something for lunch the previous time and then ate it for dinner today.

Thanks!
tuneplayer

MattStirrat
First Steps

I think this would be a great idea, how many times does someone take leftover dinner for lunch the next day? or prep the same lunch for the entire week for that matter.

Would save so much time!!

afitterrich
Stepping Up

This would a great feature.  The majority of my meals are the every same day like Oatmeal and Banana for breakfast, Almond and apple afternoon snack.  Its great that I can create a custom meal, but the ability to copy previous day would extremely convient. 

Mmelissamj
Jogger
Agreed! I too would love this feature. In addition I'd like to be able to log yesterday's food and I if I forget to change the date from today to yesterday ...I would like the ability to be able to go in and just change the date and not have to delete the food and start all over again.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.