Count sets and reps

This would be helpful, I would n't have to keep my phone with me while doing circuit training.

Moderator edit: label

29 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I suggest adding sets/reps weightlifting tracking to the fitbit app. You could manually add exercises, make them into routines, and then "run" the routines in the app. After each set, you can enter reps, and have a build-in timer to help count rest time between sets.

Ideally, this could also be made into a watch app so you can run routines on the watch, although it'd probably be best to build routines on the app due to the better screen real estate. But running on the watch/tracker would be nice.

In an ideal world, the tracker could count reps for you, but I know that in reality, no fitness tracker does this well, and I"d personally rather add sets and reps manually rather than have to constantly correct bad autodetected rep counts. Plus, you have to enter weight manually anyway, so it's no big deal to enter reps between sets.

Weight lifting is a big part of fitness, and progressive overload is a huge part of successful weight training. Fitbit really should have some way to track weightlifting in a meaningful way, beyond what it currently offers, so the fitbit app could be a true one-stop shop for all things fitness. As of now, I have to use a separate app to track my strength training stats. 

ChescaM
First Steps

I would absolutely love to be able to log my weight training exercises and reps!!

It’s a shame weight training hasn’t really been given the same amount of attention as cardio by Fitbit, there aren’t even any good logging apps that you can sync with the Fitbit watch.

Count this as another vote please!

ykasan
First Steps
looks like Fitbit does not care about lifters 😞
Quitting mine 
LeLu13
First Steps

I would love a weight, rep, and set counter. They have a ton of them available on Android and IOS. It would be nice to be able to enter the number directly on my Fitbit instead of having to have my phone in hand. RepCount is a great app like this that I would love to see integrated with Fitbit

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.