Create a bigger and more masculine Fitbit Smartwatch

I would like Fitbit to create a 49 to 51mm watch to cater to us manly, rugged guys as in the Garmin's.

A bigger, bolder watch face, with thicker straps, would maybe attract more of the Garmin customer base. I like the look of the Garmin watches better, however the Fitbit app and platform are easier to use. I wish I could have my cake and eat it to.
12 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
The current design of Fitbit devices is gender neutral but I think that having a more masculine/rougher design should be available.
Minigun12
First Steps

I’d love to see this as well. I got the ionic when it first came out because of the look and water resistant features. My ionic screen just started having an issue with the right 10% or so now completely black. I’ve loved the ionic for it’s features and look. I don’t really want to leave the Fitbit brand, but I’m a big guy and don’t really feel that there’s a product for me and my style anymore. 

SiofraA
Jogger

I think when buying you should be able to have more choice in strap, I always have an allergic reaction to the initial one and have to buy one, so the one that comes with it always gets thrown away. I’m planning on buying the sense, when it is released and am pretty sure this will still be the case. Metal straps would be good, not just the woven or leather. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @kingtut1975, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more masculine/bigger design for Fitbit watches. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

BGatian
First Steps

I have been an Ionic user for 3 years and have been very satisfied due to its size, band width and functionality. Looks masculine. I know it’s a matter of time before my ionic dies and with no signs of an ionic 2 coming out I tried other brands. Apple, Garmin and Suunto. Not satisfied with any and none as easy to use as Fitbit and the Fitbit App. So when I heard about Sense coming out I was really excited. I knew the screen was almost as big as the Ionic minus the bezel so I went for it. Well it arrived today and will be sent back tomorrow. Huge disappointment.  It would be more suited for my wife’s wrist. If the band could have been beefed up a little it might not be so bad. Fitbit missed the mark with Sense and needs to go back to the drawing board and design a bigger more masculine watch, maybe 50-52mm round?  Come on Fitbit, I know you can do better. 

kingtut1975
Recovery Runner

I am assuming that Fitbit doesn't dive so far into the overall look of their watches due to at some point the more you change and deviate it affects their bottom line.  I love Fitbit's platform, very easy to use-so easy a child can utilize the app. I do like the manly and masculine look of the Garmin watches alot better then any other fitness watch.  Garmin watches are somewhat expensive, and Im curious how the sales would be if Fitbit did create a bigger watch.  I think right now they want to keep it simple and tailored to the average person that counts steps on a daily basis. This concept works out for the majority of people and also for Fitbit's bottom line. 

LRod75
Recovery Runner
Is Fitbit going to make anymore watches that appeal to men? All the latest style look and feel it’s more for the women. I miss my surge and the other “unisex” style watch just doesn’t look great. More surge or ionic style, or even just a basic style to appeals to men would be greatly appreciated
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @LRod75thanks for sharing your suggestion about the possibility of having other smartwatches that appeal to men. I noticed a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post hereThis helps to keep the forums more organized and prevent the vote from splitting into multiple ideas. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Great idea , and I think Fitbit should look into this ,rather than just wait for the right number of votes . Forward thinking !!

NorwayTerje
First Steps

I support this. I have my 4th Fitbit now, but probably won't buy another unless there is more masculine one coming.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Definitely, all the other alternatives unfortunately look better for guys
Shame Fitbit haven’t noticed this and seen how much they are missing out on !

Sent from my iPhone
gbezerrafh
First Steps

Fitbit can you please explain why SPO2 is not available to Brazil? And why fitbit doesn't tell customer that some countries are restricted this use...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.