Create long term distance/step goals over longer period

My Fitbit has been a major motivator. In that vein, I would love to be able to enter a distance goal and start date (such as distance across my state, 1,000,000 steps, etc) and be able to see my progress against that goal. Since this would be multi-day or longer term goal, it doesn't need to be displayed on the device itself -- in star just on the mobile app and website dashboard. Would want to be able to name the goal 1,000,000 steps in 2016, walk across the US, etc).

Since there is definitely a social aspect to Fitbit challenges:
*. Would be great to be able to share progress (Facebook, Twitter)
*. Would be really awesome to invite others -- 10? -- to join that goal with you

Ideally, I'd want those goal challenges to be saved so I could review again. (See how I did with 1 million steps in future years).

Moderator edit: Added Labels & title

11 Comments
Leah0375
Jogger
I'd like to be able to put in my long term goal along with my more reasonable short term goals. Is there a way to do this currently or could be considered?

Leah
RachelF
First Steps

I would love to have the ability to set a longer term goal for my Steps or Miles or activity.  While I love the daily goals and it really does help motivate me to keep active, I would love to have an option for longer term goals.  For example, in the past I have challenged myself to run X number of milies between two dates and it would be great to track that goal progress easily through my fitbit wihtout having to look back at manual information.

Status changed to: New
AlejandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing your idea to our Feature Request Board. This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Cool idea. I'm totally on board with this. It's a way to customize / personalize a challenge. I hope they take this into consideration. 

MaxS24
Jogger

Be able to add long term goals in distance. I have a goal to walk/run/bike the distance in miles all the way from my house in New York to my girlfriends house in Alberta, Canada. It would be really awesome if I was able to set up a goal like that to do over time on my Fitbit. Everyday it adds or subtracts from my long term goal until it is completed. Thank you for your time and I hope to see this in the near future. 

Moderator edit: labels

creative17
Jogger

Hi it would be awesome if we could have an activity or distance goals that synced / updated from the activities selected such as the run or walk options instead of the steps distance.

At the moment i am undertaking a 21km virtual walk /run in which i need to record just dedicated runs and walks not everyday step distances which is hard. next year i am also participating in a 12 month goal to run/walk 1000kms and again it needs to the the dedicated activity and not the step distance.

at the moment i cant see anyway i can set a long term goal for a specific activity that i can then sync against whilst also keeping track of my daily stuff. it would be good to be able to do this instead of having to purchase a Garmin etc to track these 

Moderator edit: title & label

detwins00
Jogger

I agree. I would like to compare the stats of activities from week to week or month to month much like the Runkeeper app not just the steps. I was hoping the Fitbit charge did this and was dismayed to find out that it did not. This means I still have to use my phone and runkeeper app. 

cristinat
Base Runner

Hi. Because I really like Fitbit I would like to give this sugestion to the developers of the dashboard and app.

I believe something important is to make possible to set up exercise goals on the app and / or dashboard.

They could be visible on app so it's easy to see the improvement each exercise day.

Garmin has that . Sometimes I have to leave Fitbit and use Garmin so i can set up my exercise goals for the week or month.

If Fitbit do this great improvement on app/ dashboard , me and others, can follow with more motivation an exercise program. Ans prefere Fit bit more  Smiley Happy)

I give you an example. Imagine that I / you want to loose 900cal in a week. but specific doing exercice. No matter if is it running or other.

Or doing 30 mn walk or bic every day or 5 days / week.

That depends of your goals, And this is useful for any kind of Fitbit you use. Because is something that you program in your dashboard or app.

The way the app is of course is good to see the steps, etc.

But there's no way to chose goals for any kind of exercise .

Well, I hope I could help with this and Please Fitbit.

Apply this improvement. That going to put more above other companies. And bring each day more costumers. 

And I'll be super happy with it.

Thanks .

Wish a great year to you all.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @creative17 thanks for sharing this idea. I see what you're saying. Sounds like that could be a useful feature. Thanks!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MikeDennis thanks for sharing this idea. I can see that this would be useful for long term motivation and also marathon runners etc. It could also be a customizable challenge too? Thanks for sharing, keen to see how many others are also interested in this idea. Thanks

alienjenn
Jogger

This would be fabulous! 

I have daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and long term goals. I would like to be able to challenge myself on these different levels!! Currently I am using the valley challenges and trying to decrease the days. I am working up to 100 mile months and in 2020 I am wanting to break a thousand miles! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.