Create more Fitbit apps for Smartwatches

If 3d party apps are not going to be allowed then step up Fitbit and create some useful ones yourself. Eg. Flashlight / count (to record laps etc) / stopwatch

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @countess123, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about creating more Fitbit apps for our smartwatches with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

You might also be interested in this other product feedbackWatch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Snido81
Jogger

Thanks for taking the time to raise this request. It doesnt matter how many likes its get, now it had been "reviewed by moderator" it will never be updated again. It will site here for all time!

countess123
First Steps
Thought if I’d raise the issue. Not expecting them to give loyal customers what they want and are used to. They seem bent on getting everyone on to google watch that brings in more money. But is not something I want to do. I had an Apple Watch for 4 days but sent it back as I didn’t want to have to charge it every day. The google one I hear is the same.

Sent from Sadie's iPhone
Snido81
Jogger

I have heard a lot of people say good things about the garmin watches and apparently they have good battery life.

Its a shame really, I have owned many fitbit devices over the years. They seem to have massively gone down hill recently though. They don't seem the slightest bit interested in resolving any issues either. 

This will be my last fitbit device.

countess123
First Steps
Thank you for your comment and the suggestion of a Garman watch. I will certainly look at that option.

This will also be my last Fitbit

Sent from Sadie's iPhone
Kerr58420
Recovery Runner

This whole thing is a serious legal false advertising issue and I am beyond disgusted.

The sense 2 and versa 4 were advertised with "hundreds of apps" and they have none!!!! Its not a smartwatch at all.

its just a tracker with a few clock faces! 
I only kept my Sense 2 because customer support told me that 3rd party apps were eventually going to be available.

Otherwise it would have gone straight back to the store.

5 months later and now apparently apps are being removed from older models too!!!  

It seems Google is purposely stripping Fitbit of its features to force people to buy their pixel watch. 

Shame on Google! 

Considering the constant complaints about this, you'd think some compromise would have been made by now! 

I feel like i completely wasted money on the most expensive fitbit (excluding pixel) and got no features. 

It is a massive downgrade from previous models.

We have all been scammed and something NEEDS to be done!!!!! 

All we get is "thank you for your feedback" nonsense. 

davidoliver-1
First Steps
  1. Fitbit Developer Platform: Visit the Fitbit Developer website (https://dev.fitbit.com/) to access the Fitbit Developer Platform. This platform provides resources, documentation, and tools to help you develop apps for Fitbit devices, including smartwatches.

2. Review the Developer Documentation: Familiarize yourself with the Fitbit SDK (Software Development Kit) and the specific documentation for creating apps on Fitbit devices. The documentation will guide you through the process of setting up your development environment, understanding the Fitbit API, and building apps for Fitbit smartwatches.

3. Choose an App Type: Determine the type of app you want to create for Fitbit smartwatches. Fitbit supports various types of apps, including clock faces, data-driven apps, and companion apps. Each type has its own development requirements and capabilities.

4. Set Up Your Development Environment: Follow the instructions provided in the Fitbit Developer documentation to set up your development environment. This may involve installing the Fitbit SDK, configuring your development tools, and connecting to a Fitbit device or simulator.

5. Start Developing: Once your development environment is set up, you can begin coding your Fitbit app. Use the Fitbit SDK and API to implement the desired functionality, such as displaying information, tracking user data, or interacting with sensors on the smartwatch.

countess123
First Steps
I am not a developer. But I believe that the sense 2 does not allow 3rd party apps and has only a small number issued by Fitbit

Sent from Sadie's iPhone
MoDaBro
Recovery Runner

@LizzyFitbit, has quote said "If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit." Well, LIZZY, look at the hundreds of posts starting with "bring 3rd party app support" or "add this feature etc." All of these moderators say the same thing but never share anything with teams. 

Firstly, We NEED more transparency. Secondly, listen to customer feedback! This is a massive company which definitely has the funding by Google to support all of our needs! 

This is NOT an attack towards @LizzyFitbit, I  just want change to happen! (Note:  i know most of this post will be removed by a moderator soon, because they have been trained to only accept POSITIVE feedback.) 

Kerr58420
Recovery Runner

@LizzyFitbit Its been nearly a full YEAR since the release of sense 2 and versa 4.  If Google are stopping Fitbit from allowing 3rd party apps and music support, then can you at the very least confirm if Fitbit will be developing their own apps soon?

As @MoDaBro said, the amount of votes and comments regarding this issue is astounding but yet nothing has been done!!! The feedback has been ignored, Fitbit don't care any more, they are deliberately letting Google destroy their reputation.

We want the full experience of a smart watch, like the previous models, not just an expensive tacker!!!  The sense 2 and versa 4 were more expensive than previous models, priced as a SMART watch, despite being just a tracker with none of the extra features from previous models. 

This is unacceptable and customers deserve an actual explantion instead of the standard response.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.