Customizable Tile

What we need is a simple, CUSTOMIZABLE tile!   

If a user could title the tile, create a goal item (or items) that each have a "checkbox" or "yes"/"no" feature, and set the frequency rate (1 time per day, 3 times per day, etc) per each item, you could truly have the fitbit app be a one-stop shop!.  The user could have item goals like: 

-take medication

-complete physical therapy exercises

-menstrating today?

-complete mindfulness/meditation

-journal

-express gratitude

-brush teeth

-(etc) 

We all have health goals we're working on; and tracking whether they get completed or not is SUPER important.  The fitbit app really helps me stay motivated and creates an immediate "reward" for my completing an important behavior.  While I could dowload a different app to do what I want (maybe) I don't like the idea of having to open several apps, and I already have positive associations with this one (hence the self-rewarding mechanism).  If there was a customizable tab I'd be able to have all-in-one functionality.  This would also be a great way for fitbit to analyze what new tiles customers want (ie: "the menstrual cycle suggestion app", if enough people were using the customizable tile for a similar topic that would be good data saying theres a need for a fully designed tile with that topic) and function as a customer-service stop-gap until a new (and needed) tile could be designed.  

I specifically want to add "Vision Therapy exercises" and "Ab Daily Challenge" to my fitbit app.  

The best that can currently be done (I chatted with your support already) is to add a "customized exercise activity" but both the vision and ab goals have nothing to do with my daily exercise goals.  logging the "exercise" and having to include time (etc) is cumbersome and there's no easy visual way to track if i've completed the eye exercises every day that week or the ab exercises every day that week. Also, the calories burned becomes superfluous to  my goals and just adds in more "noise" to sort thru, and may even mess up my daily exercise count if I had added that info in.  

Also, if someone in engineering/design adds this, please let me know, I'd love to beta-test and/or start using a customizable tile immediately!  Thanks!  --Annalicia

6 Comments
DCMom2
Runner

See the suggestion "Tile to Track menstrual Cycle". Please vote. Fitbit doesn't seem to respond to anything with the words menstrual or menstruation.

runawaybun
First Steps

Yes, I'd love a customizable tile too! I'd like to track how many days a week I practice qigong, and don't want that folded in my physical exercise. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @ishawhittaker !

Abigail500
First Steps

I 100% agree.  I NEED 2-3 customizable tiles. I started an entire new approach to a healthy routine that includes, diet and exercise but also includes incorporating other healthy changes.   I want to track : Taking vitamins 2 times a day and my skin /face regime 2 times a day.  When you change a routine the tiles help as a reminder and also feels good to see your accomplishment.   PLEASE FITBIT ADD SOME BLANK EDITABLE TILES!!! I love your product.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Miselenaeous
First Steps

Hello! I don't want to track all of my food (not relevant to my life, too much hassle), but I would like to be able to monitor if I'm meeting my goal of 7 portions of fruit and veg per day - ideally by just hitting a button on the app like water logging. Please make a customisable tile with customisable logging options, too (not just binary).

SteGre89
First Steps

Thanks! This would be very useful and in line with happiness tracking evolution, whereby you want to track many things to make them an habit, like for example gratitude, connection with others etc (look at Santos success on Coursera and the science of well being)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.