Customize Reminder to Move Time of Frequency

it would be nice to have a Hourly Activity tile on the dashboard that would readily give the steps taken in the hour and how many more you have to go... and including that information in the Hourly Activity section of the app.

would also be nice to have the ability to edit the amount of steps.  Have the minimum as 250 but give the user the ability to increade that if needed.

and the ability to change the time that you get the reminder to move, sometimes 10 mins to the top of the hour doesn't give enough time to work in the remainder of the steps needed.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

82 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jleys, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Bethp1017
Jogger

Please increase the time to move notification from 10 minutes to 15 minutes.  Sometimes I am working on a task and it takes a few minutes to get to a point where I can stop and then I do not have time to get my steps in.  Also my 89 year old mother moves a bit slow and has given up trying to get hourly steps because by the time she gets up and gets moving she does not have enough time to get in 250 steps.  

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Bethp1017 Thanks for your suggestion about having 15 minute time to move notification.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea.

DIBW
Stepping Up

The reminder to move notification is currently set to 10 min before the hour.  The issue is that most Outlook meeting invites are also set to this time.  So the meeting invites AND the reminder to move notifications come in at the same time but only the meeting invite is visible unless I scroll.  I know, I can scroll...  but if I have to remember to do that, I would just remember to move in the first place!

I would like to request that the reminder to move notifications come in at any other time besides exactly 10 min before the top of the hour.  Thank you!!!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DIBW , thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Reminders to Move. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

AcKnapp
First Steps

When purchasing the Versa 2, I was really hoping to be able to personalize my reminders; specifically the reminders to move.  It says on the web page for the Fitbit Versa 2 product the following:

Under Features>Personalized Reminders> "Stay on track toward your goals with personalized reminders that remind you to stay active, get hydrated, stick to a sleep schedule and more."

Under Features>Reminders to Move> "Know how long you've been active or inactive throughout the day and get personalized reminders to fit in a few extra steps if you've been sitting a bit too long." 

The wording is vague and misleading, as I cannot personalize my reminders.  I think it would be beneficial to be able to customize these reminders, as I was hoping to be able to when I purchased the Fitbit Versa 2.  Make the reminder to move based on activity level (steps, movement, etc) and be able to pick a time limit for yourself (10, 20, 30, etc. minutes).  This would allow people to set and reach personal goals easier and be more user-helpful, in my opinion.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AcKnapp, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about personalizing reminders to move.

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

belmarcon
First Steps

I too was misled by this, thinking that I would be able to set a reminder to move based on inactivity, not on counted steps.

DLThune
Runner

I would really like to be able to personalize my "get off my butt" reminders so I get more than one in an hour.  My personal ideal would be to be able to set one to go off at 15 minutes to the hour, and a 2nd reminder at 10 or 5 minutes to the hour, since it only takes me 2 minutes to walk 250 steps.  

When I'm particularly busy with work, I don't even notice the vibration.  I recently had a 90+ day streak going, walking at least once an hour, 9 hours each day.  An impromptu meeting in my office killed it.  A double notification could have saved that for me.  

So if I could personalize the notifications to suit my schedule better, it would be WONDERFUL.  

Please give this feature request some consideration. 

Pippin147
First Steps
is it possible to have a 5 minute alert for the active hour as well as the 10 minute alert? Keep missing the odd hour by forgetting!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pippin147, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the edit customize Reminder to Move Time of Frequency. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

JDA2020
First Steps
I would love to see customizable Reminders to Move. Currently, i can only be reminded to move 250 steps. It would be great to be able to set the hourly goal higher so that I can keep a good pace throughout the day to meet my daily goals.
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JDA2020, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to customize Reminders to Move, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

gkbdvm
Base Runner
allow user to suggest a time for a "reminder to move" hour begins IE xx:10, xx:20 etc. This would allow folks in the same environment to stagger the start times for their "reminder to move" exercise
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gkbdvmThanks for explaining why you'd like to be able to customize the time to get the reminder to move on your Fitbit device. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. That way we can keep this board organized, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Don’t forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

grtruck
Recovery Runner
The 'nudge' to get up and move within the hour is good - but it would be good also for the overall steps goal target. I've just missed these by between 500 and 6 steps - a 'nudge' when close to the goal would get my up and at 'em. Is it possible to get a reminder on the fitbit to do this? Would be good.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @grtruck, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize Reminder to Move time of frequency. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Tripledox
Jogger
A Fitbit is meant to incentivize increased activity. For those who are at lower fitness levels or in rehabilitation it's discouraging to get zero credit for our short bursts of exercise. Instead of celebrating small successes, we are tempted to say "why bother"? Please lower the threshold to 5 or even 1 minute so we can work at our own pace.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tripledox, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the time of frequency to receive reminders to move on your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

josh358
First Steps
Either a variable frequency setting for reminders to move or a reminder every 30 minutes option
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @josh358, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize how frequent you receive your reminders to move with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

dblanken48
First Steps
I read an article. It said, “ if you set more than 90 min and don’t walk, You’ll still have health issues, even if you exercise that. Day.”

In your NEXT FIRMWARE update, You need to program the charge 5 to send a single buzz to reming every 90 min to walk
MakMak
10K Racer

Hi, @dblanken48! Look at the feature "reminders to move" - it reminds you to take 250 steps every hour. This feature already exists.

dblanken48
First Steps
I apologize I found that out later on

Thank

David B.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.