Customize clock faces for Charge 4

The ability to make some custom watch faces for the Charge4.
Though the Charge4 doesn't have the proper OS for an SDK it has the ability to have different watch faces; so maybe the ability to select a few specific things in-app or even upload a simple 8-bit design to the app.
16 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Caffiendkitten, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to customize clock faces for Charge 4. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

TheWoolyArtist
First Steps
Hello!
I recently bought a charge 4 and absolutely love it! However, I was surprised at the lack of clock face customizability. Ultimately, I don't need much, I just want a "retro digital" option with a layout similar to "double stat."
Thanks for listening!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TheWoolyArtist, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize clock faces for Charge 4. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

BjornT
Keeping Pace

+1. Surprised this isn't an option and disappointed by the choice of clock faces available for Charge 4 as none give me what I had with the Charge 2 (time+day+date+calories burned+heart rate).

IvanDilov
Recovery Runner

Really good idea to customize the watch face by adding/changing the metrics you care about.

Richard_Swann
First Steps

This feature has been requested in multiple chats, over a few years now and is always ignored. It would be a great way forward for Fitbit to open this up.

Situation:
As a long term user of the Charge family (2-4) I have always been following these threads in the hope that Fitbit would open up the access to make customisable clock faces. 

Target:

Allowing access to customise clock faces for the charge 4

Proposal:

Allow access for all users of Fitbit Studio to develop their own choice of watch faces.
this would ensure it stays in the control of Fitbit without opening up the access to third parties, but give some closure to this request of many years.

Thank you in advance and I hope this is not just palmed off again. To be clear, I prefer Fitbit to other devices, however if this is a no response to this request (again), please can Fitbit fully explain why they are not willing to open this feature up to at least give clarity.

mjdon
Recovery Runner

The watch faces on the Charge 4 are quite odd, many of the date formats are European.  (Day, Month) allowing the user to be able to customize the individual elements on the watch would be a big improvement. I use the U-Azimuth but its a long way from my ideal watch face. The Retro Double Stat is near perfect but I'd like to add the day of the week and get rid of either the steps or the heart rate or both. The Pendulum is pretty good but I'd like to have the digital time as well as the analog, and get rid of the heart rate.    Fitbit you can do this !

Calzibus
Jogger
I'd like to have the possibility to customize the stats shown in the clock face. As example, I'd find more useful to see, in a single glance: hour, date, calories and heart beat. I think to remember that with the Charge 2 Retro Double Stat the main goal was shown in the first screen, or that it was simply possible to change the stat's order.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Calzibus, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of customizing stats for Charge 4 clock faces. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Dimi0072
Jogger

Yes, this!

I mean, the faces are nice and all, but there’s some things I’d love to have, and some things I know I never use.

For example, I’d love for my Charge 4 to show:

- Time (12 hour, digital)

- Date (ex, Wed. July 7, 2020)

- Battery percent

- Steps

- Heart rate

I’m using the “Retro Double Stat” clock face, and it does essentially all I need, less the day of the week and battery percent (which, granted, no clock has). However, it also has two other “screens” that show km/calories and stairs/active minutes”.... which I don’t really care much for.

Either way, the watch is still great, it just seems odd that you can pick only select faces that have different looks, but no way to pick and choose which of each you’d want.

An app/option to choose which features to have per clock would be great. I mean, it doesn’t have to even be anything that’s NOT in the 24 clock faces, but just a way to turn off some features of that clock face. For example, with the Retro Double Stat, if I could simply disable the option to have the two other “screens” that show km/calories and stairs/active minutes”, and instead only show the steps/HR, even that would be enough for me.

Really hoping this comes at some point, because it seems like it would be beneficial for many reasons, including battery life (the watch wouldn’t have to perform checks on the km/calories and stairs/active minutes” stats, as well as remove the animation for switching between the three stats screens altogether.

Just my perspective is all.

sitori
Stepping Up
I am another Charge 4 user that would desperately like the ability to reorder the apps (customize the order they appear on the clock face).

Please move my comments to the proper post (as comments are disabled on it).
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @sitori, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to customize the stats on your Charge 4 clock face with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestion about reorder the Today's stats, as well as the apps on your tracker. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

sitori
Stepping Up
Weird…the section where I explained what I meant is all missing from the post that was moved.

I will try again:

I would like to rearrange the apps on the Charge 4. I use the Timer App roughly 5-30 times each day. The Timer App is on my third screen. So, each time I have to swipe, swipe, swipe to reach it. It would make much more sense if I could set the Timer app to appear on the very first swipe screen. Very frustrating that this simple task cannot be achieved…

So after years of asking for this feature across multiple Charge devices and even hints dropped by Fitbit that this was coming in both the charge 3 and 4, I’ve given up and moved an Apple Watch. Most of the fitness community that I know who were using FitBit have also done the same so it seemed logical. 
My advice to FitBit is to not fall into the trap of assuming people will stay or that nothing will change, or you’ll likely be designing an app for the Apple Watch and have no devices left in the long run. 

BenSF
Base Runner

I moved from a charge 2 to a charge 4 and the fact that you can't customize the menus is so annoying since I was able to do it on the Charge 2.

Honestly, I think this is the last fitbit device that I wasted my money on. It's a real shame, since they used to make the best fitness tracking devices. Too bad their software keeps worsening instead of improving.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.