Customize frequency of sync (hourly, daily)

Hi, not sure if this has been mentioned or not but I think that a feature for 'timed syncing', or however you want to call it, should be added. For example, theres the all day sync- which kills both phone and tracker battery syncing every 15-20 mins-or whatever its set to. I think we should have a option, for the background/automatic syncing, where we can set our own time intervals for syncing, every hour or 2 hours etc. Or/and, an option that allows us to set times that we would want it to sync at - every day. Ex. Everyday at 6am / 1pm / 6pm. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

110 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please consider adding in the Fitbit app a manual or scheduled sync option. For example, rather than continuously syncing, allow for a manual sync button trigger or a way to schedule syncs at set intervals (hourly, once/twice daily, etc).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sunset, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option on the Fitbit app. I've moved it into a similar request

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the syncing schedule option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

egovp
Recovery Runner

Having data in FitBit App that is auto synched every minute/hour is not neccessary for many users, especially, when it comes at the cost of iPhone battery life. While manual-only sync is possible, auto sync is crucial at least weekly (tracker memory limit). An option to configure frequency of sync (hourly, daily) would address the battery leak.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @egovp, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about configuring frequency of sync (hourly, daily). I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

runner324
First Steps
The app does not sync with the watch unless the app is manually opened. This is inconvenient and produces misleading statistics on the watch. The app should auto sync on a specific time interval twice per day 1) when you wake up so that sleep is updated on the watch & 2) when an exercise session is ended or if no exercise is recorded, at end of day
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @runner324, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about customizing frequency of sync. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Jeff-Degler
First Steps

Hello Fitbit folks,

I would like to see an option in the Fitbit app to automatically sync with my device every 12 to 24hrs.  

Pluxe
Jogger

The luxe is the worse Fitbit I've owned. It requires manual syncing every day. Fitbits should automatically sync when connected.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jeff-Degler, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing your Fitbit device to automatically sync every 12 to 24hrs with us. Because a similar product feedback has been requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.