Customize left button options Versa Smartwatches

It would be great if we could customize what he left button opens when pushed twice and held. Currently the only two options are alexa and Fitbit pay and it would be nice to have timer or alarms or barcodes there instead.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks a million for sharing this feature @Avon88, I think it will be a great addition for Versa 2. You knocked me off my feet! Let’s see what others think.

PatTheDog
Runner

This is why I stuck with the Versa 1. The two additional buttons can be assigned to apps. I have one assigned to a QR code that gets me into my office and the other for a small app I wrote that vibrates to tell me the time without looking at the screen.

MeyersB
Keeping Pace

I agree with this suggestion but I would love to add the agenda app within the button.  I have no use for Alexa it Fitbit Pay but miss the Pebble timeline.

Jordunit
First Steps

It would be so much faster to have a double click action that would launch Fitbit Pay compared to how it is accessed now. I find the quick menu a hassle and a little finicky, which is fine to start my music. But when I am just finishing buying dinner and there are people behind me in line, I would love to not have to really touch the screen but instead just double click knowing that it launched and begin moving towards the card reader. 

I think it would be really helpful to have the double click be reassigned to different actions by the users so people may choose what the double click action does. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jordunit, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to change left button options for Versa Smartwatches. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

lorissimo
Jogger

I agree wholeheartedly. I just bought the Versa 2 for my wife. We do not use Alexa or Fitbit Pay. I'm amazed on the shortsightedness of not allowing any other apps to use the left button shortcut. Please fix this ASAP.

colbrook32
First Steps
I think you should setup a way to quick access Fitbit Pay by double tapping the side button. There is already a way to customize holding the button down but I don't want to have to turn off Alexa.

Double tapping should be a hard coded shortcut to Fitbit Pay
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @colbrook32, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize left button options Versa Smartwatches. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

ekusan
Jogger

I too would like to request for a second shortcut with the button to trigger a 2nd function, perhaps with a double-click, or a double-click and hold.

I currently use Fitbit Pay everyday for public transport, so the button shortcut comes in very handy. In addition, I swim very frequently, but my fingers are usually wet when I'm trying set the Versa 2 to track my swim (we all know how difficult it is to use touchscreen it is wet), so the 2nd button shortcut would be really useful.

I am aware I can change the button shortcut from Fitbit Pay to tracking my swim, but it is inefficient to have to switch it to-and-fro all the time. I'm sure a second shortcut will be useful for many other fitbit users, so do please consider implementing it! 

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Versa Smartwatches series. You can find more details about how to customize the left and right buttons shortcuts here:

@Avon88, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.