Customize your Reminders (weight, water, sleep, several exercises etc)

I've seen one or two of these in different topics, but I wanted to make a universal post to consolidate them, and add a few.

I would love to have reminders for:

• Drinking water
  • Moving
  • Appointments
  • Weighing (if you weighed yourself on your Aria, or manually entered your weight at 10pm yesterday, the app could remind you to weigh yourself at 10pm tonight)
  • Sleeping (if you have an alarm set for 8am, the app reminds you to go to bed at 12am to get 8 hours of sleep)
  • Eating (you set the number of meals you eat per day, and times, and the app reminds you to enter what you ate at those times)
  • Excercising (you set when you want to exercise each day, and the app reminds you)

These would change the app from a passive data collector to a powerful motivational coach.

Moderator edit: Added Labels /  Subject for clarity.

83 Comments
leanne205
Jogger

As a long time Fitbit user, I wanted to get one for my special needs son.  Though he is a teenager, due to his disability, he needs reminders to use the restroom at intervals. It seems like this would be relatively simple as an extension of setting alarms.  I notice many people are also asking for water reminders and such, but ideally, if we could all set customizable reminders, it could be useful for homework, dinner prep, water, blood sugar checks, etc. Bonus points if it doesn't require the phone to be with him to work, as he doesn't carry one to school. For my son, these kinds of reminders would help him to be more independent, without the embarrassment of having to be told. 

GraceGFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @leanne205Thank you for sharing your suggestion. The idea exists already, so I merged your suggestion into this one. 

Vega_Ska
Recovery Runner

It would be very helpfull if inside the app, we could define predefined timers with labels, and then simply select them on the fitbit inspire HR... for example, i use the fitbit inspire HR to countdown the time for me to unload the washing machine, would be easier if i had the timer predefined... and i also have another countdown for when clothes air dry, would be a lot easier if it where predefined, because sometimes i forget what was the counter for, and how much time to set it for... Robot Very Happy

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @Vega_Ska.

Thanks for sharing that idea . Being able to create and save custom timers would definitely be useful for all sorts of users, regardless of what it could be for. 

Let's see what other users have to say about it. 

Hauper
Recovery Runner

One option lacking in the Fitbit app is specific reminders for any subject, single and recurring. This should be a piece of cake to implement, so please make it happen!

Hauper
Recovery Runner

One option lacking in the Fitbit app is specific reminders for any subject, single and recurring. This should be a piece of cake to implement, so please make it happen!

This would be such a helpful feature!!!!

WaveTapes
First Steps

Charge 3 user.

The one app that I used is Countdown.

I have started to time everything from my exercises, to how long I get distracted by an internet rabbit, to how long I can concentrate without interruption, meditation, etc.

I love having a countdown with me everywhere I go.

But - the amount of time that I set the Countdown can range from 2 min to 1 hour (would be longer but...)

Anyway, the Countdown app is set to change in 15 sec increments when selecting a time.  It would be so nice to be set these increments to 30 sec or 1 min.  To me this would make my favorite (and only) app on the Charge 3 even more enjoyable.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

But there are times I need the 30 and 15 second option. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @WaveTapes!  That’s an interesting idea, thanks for sharing why you would like to have this option to manage your countdowns. I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cooper_E and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members! I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ again if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here. 

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Seyohn
Jogger

I Want to get reminded to do things on my Fitbit. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Seyohn, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

hootwonderowl
First Steps

I would love it if we could customize the hourly reminders our Fitbits can give us! Hourly goals may change depending on our personal goals. For instance, I would love to have my hourly reminders on my Versa 2 be to drink water (instead of the default reminders to move). I'm sure others would love this too. Please add this feature!

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @hootwonderowl, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

steelabbs
First Steps

I really enjoy the bed time reminder. it’s not the usual alarm but just a quick buzz. I think it would be so helpful to have a reminders option along with that normal alarm feature. reminders could use the quick buzz and even be named or have a title and be set to reoccur like alarms. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @steelabbs, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about adding a reminders option, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

tonnimarie1992
First Steps

We are all not the greatest and reminding ourselves to log in or meals or water. There is a reminder option on the app but none to label. Maybe the option to label our reminders such as “log in lunch” or “log in water” or even “exercise”. We all have a different schedule so being able to log in our own times for these is important. Each individual notification for each item to log in works too but being able to set the time is best. I might not be able to log in my breakfast at 8am but others can. I can log mine in at 10am and lunch is 3pm and sometimes dinner is 9:30pm. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @tonnimarie1992, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

clnease
First Steps
I suggest adding the option of logging weight weekly or monthly instead of daily.
Some of us have a longer journey, or have had eating disorders in our past - and a daily weight is unhealthy.
Adding a weekly or monthly weigh in reminder would help us in our health journey without causing damage. (Per doctors/therapists)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @clnease, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to customize weight reminders. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about it here. I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit Sense user

I would like to have the Drnk water reminder on my fitbit

yeraciba
First Steps
Pelvic floor exercises should be done 3 times a day, 8 contractions a time. I think it would be quite easy to have your watch/tracker buzz 3 times a day & then count for how long you should contract your pelvic floor x8 maybe with some kind of picture (like the breathing exercise).
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @yeraciba, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to set exercise reminders. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". I hope to see you around.

Soulful1
Jogger
Reminders to do them no matter how I feel or my think.. just do it!!
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.