Cycling mileage to be shown in dashboard and weekly stats

It appears I can only see a calculation of equivalent walking steps on my dashboard.  However, I cycle a lot and add my mileage manually to each ride which I'm happy to do.  However, I want to see my mileage for the week on my stats please.  I did a wonderful sportive on Sunday doing 103 miles and my stats say 45....where users add the mileage why doesn't Fitbit subtract it's conversion calculation of mileage for the period?  This way you get your mileage when logged and an approximation when not logged. Thanks

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Fionavar
Recovery Runner
This has been suggested & keeps getting closed as not planned. I cannot justify paying for Premium if my cycling mileage is not incorporated into my Dashboard. There must be an algorithm to get the mileage reflected and translated into steps. Without this, features like Go Fit Bingo become problematic. You get your minutes but no steps or mileage.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Fionavar, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see cycling mileage to be shown in dashboard and weekly stats. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Thomas_K
First Steps
Please note as bicycle rider it would be by far the most important to see covered mileage info for the daily stats (instead of walking steps or "distance" - which is not the distance covered by bike - misleading)
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Thomas_K, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see covered bike mileage info for the daily stats on the 

Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
As a cyclist the miles I ride daily never count towards my daily total of miles. I know its not the same as walking miles, however, if that's how I decide to count my miles I should be able to. Miles are miles whether its walking, cycling, swimming, etc. We should be able to decide how our miles are accrued.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to get cycling miles on daily and weekly stats. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.