Daily Servings of Fruits/Vegetables

I would love to be able to have the option of tracking the number of fruit and/or vegetable servings each day on my iOS app, in a way similar to the water intake. I log my meals on MFP, but I am more likely to work on increasing my intake to the recommended 5-9 servings a day if I have a simple place to review that metric as opposed to reviewing my full food log.

Moderator edit: Labels

54 Comments
Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @545h4 and thanks for sharing this suggestion, which has received votes from other community members. I’m happy to let you know that this suggestion has been picked up internally at Fitbit and is being considered by our team. This suggestion will either remain ‘Under Consideration’ until released, or else move to ‘Not Currently Planned’ if it’s not viable right now. Further updates will be posted here.

Please remember that if a suggestion is chosen for development, it can take some time before updates are available or a release is finalized, so thanks in advance for your patience. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs. Fans can continue to vote for this feature suggestion while it is under consideration.

Chrissybea
Jogger
Thank you! I believe that tracking daily servings of fruit and vegetables will benefit Fitbit members, and may even attract new users.

Sent from my iPhone
Heavenlyblue
First Steps

I'd love to track my servings per the DASH diet where you track servings vice calories, although I like tracking both. 

CTrulove
Jogger

I knew I couldn't be the only one with this idea. Yes, exactly like we track water. I am sure that if FitBit also tracked fresh vegetables and fruit consumption, it would inspire me to get those numbers up, just as the water tally is a constant reminder that I could drink more water for better health. The relatively low calorie count of fresh vegs makes me sometimes just skip recording it. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.