Daily Servings of Fruits/Vegetables

I would love to be able to have the option of tracking the number of fruit and/or vegetable servings each day on my iOS app, in a way similar to the water intake. I log my meals on MFP, but I am more likely to work on increasing my intake to the recommended 5-9 servings a day if I have a simple place to review that metric as opposed to reviewing my full food log.

Moderator edit: Labels

54 Comments
sany
First Steps

Hi,

Instead of counting calories I try to focus on increasing my consmption of healthy foods (e.g., fruits and vegetables). I would love to have a tile on my dashboard where I can keep track of how many servings of fruits/veggies I have each day. Goals can be set similarly to the other tiles as well. 

Any other tiles that have similar concepts would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

Moderator edit: added labels

barbara61961
First Steps

GREAT IDEA!!!

HolyFriedFish
First Steps

I love this idea 🙂

sany
First Steps

Thanks guys!

LoriS-RDN
First Steps

Great idea!!!!

SavvyCat
Recovery Runner

I agree.  It has water consumption, we should also have the option to track other nutrients of our choosing in general, like fats, carbs, protein, grains, vegetables, fruits, etc.  Customizable.

GailC
Premium User
Keeping Pace

I use this site for that information:    https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/default.aspx

Kikstand
Recovery Runner
Don't forget about us juicers! Great idea!
ree1170
Keeping Pace

I LOVE this idea!

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. 

geminiwitch
Recovery Runner
I would love to see this and protein added under tracking function on the app.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally agree - I eat a lot of vegetables/fruits, but it would help to be able to track it. 

Chrissybea
Jogger

I completely agree. It would be so helpful to have a place to track that we are taking the recommended number of servings of fruits and vegetables.

Texmex2015
Jogger
to check whether i had my 5 portions a day. Similar to the water tracker.
JLG0024
First Steps
It would be great to have a spot on the dashboard to track and easily see how many servings of fruits and vegetables you have eaten for the day. Something like the ounces of water consumed so you can immediately see where you're at just by looking at your dashboard in the fitbit app.
JAirens
Jogger

Couldn't agree more. 

I find the easiest way to lose weight it rather than cut out X, Y and Z I ensure I eat double figures fruit and veg - leaves little room for anything else!!!

drdoom
First Steps

I concur. This would be really helpful. 

Allpastmidnight
First Steps
One thing the app is missing is the ability to track thow many portions of fruit & vegetables I eat each day. Would love this to be added as a feature, please.
AngusMcvittie
First Steps
There should be a fruit and veg section on the app (alongside all the other goals eg exercise, water, calories etc). I know there is the diet bit, but this would allow for a focus on getting your five a day (or however many people wanna aim for). I would find this really useful.
lizalex
Jogger

I would love this too - just something where we can add a marker to something that has fruit or veg in, that counts up and maybe a tile for five a day.  This woul be awesome

Triciapop3
Recovery Runner
At this point I would take either way. I'm horrible at entering my water
though. I end up just entering it all at once at the end of the day.
Surina81
Base Runner

I totally agree.  I wish that they would also track servings of fruits, veggies, even dairy and protein.

candistyx
Recovery Runner

I would love to have this, it doesn't need to integrate with the food diary. Just make it like water, you add the number of servings manually.

candistyx
Recovery Runner

This would really enhance my fitbit experience.

candistyx
Recovery Runner

I think this would be a great feature.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.